RE: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Camping Event!

  • Chris Mire
    Message 1 of 13 , Mar 4, 2007

      No doubt!  Let’s look at the two men shall we?  Jean Luc Picard vs. Jim Kirk

      Picard: Abandoned his wife (Mrs. Captain Picard) in Texas

      Kirk:  Did not

      Picard:  Actually a wheelchair bound alien manipulating an entire “school” of other alien freaks

      Kirk:  Actually a very successful attorney who is a senior partner at Craine, Poole, & Schmidt

      Picard:  Hangs out with Worf who is another freakish, overbearing, violent alien and someone that is called “number 2”… kind of a “crap” group of folks

      Kirk:  Hangs out with Scotty, Bones, and Spock; an engineer, a doctor, and a peace loving genius alien… much better crowd, don’t you think?

      I could go on and on, but I’ll give Curtis / Stratman a go at it…

      Chris / GeoMire

      Message 2 of 13 , Mar 4, 2007
        Chris,

        You forgot to mention:

        Picard: old wrinkled dude

        Kirk: young viril hottie

        Barbara/GiGi and JoJo

        Message 3 of 13 , Mar 4, 2007
          just made a reservation for the event.(site 25)  there are several sites still available so you might want to get one while you can...

          easy process from there...
          Message 4 of 13 , Mar 4, 2007
            Ok, I got site 22 for Fri and Sat night. Now all I need is to scare up the tent.  ;-)

            <mrscaptainpicard@ ...> wrote:

            > Gang,
            > I just posted a camping event for March 24/25 at Dana Peak Park on
            > Stillhouse Hollow Lake near Belton. The link is
            >
            > *http://tinyurl. com/2r2xtc*
            >
            > Personally, I'm going to the Copperas Cove event the same day and
            decided to
            > camp in the area to make a weekend out of it. Then I decided to
            invite all
            > my friends to join me!
            >
            > It's officially called Beat the Chiggers! and it's my hope we can do
            a bunch
            > of those lake hikers before chigger season starts!
            >
            > We'll have a marshmallow roast or night caching on Saturday night
            and then a
            > community breakfast before we take off on the trails.
            >
            > Reserve your campsite early as they only have 18 sites!
            >
            > I can share my site until its full.
            >
            > Hope to see you there!
            >
            > Julie
            > Mrs. Captain Picard

            Don't pick lemons.
            See all the new 2007 cars at Yahoo! Autos.
          • gtbevo2000
            Message 5 of 13 , Mar 4, 2007
              Wowser! I've never been to a geocaching or camping event like the
              ones they're describing in the UK!

              I have a reservation for site #9 (#9, #9) for the weekend. I'm not
              even sure that I can actually call it 'camping' anymore as we just
              bought a travel trailer and will be using that but....anyway. I'll
              be there and Julie has asked me to host breakfast on Sunday morning
              so I'll be doing that too - details to come later.

              Alyson/gtbevo

              PS - I've always been a Kirk fan myself.

              --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Alex Alexander
              <alex@...> wrote:

              > At 07:27 AM 3/2/2007, MCP wrote:
              >

              > >Gang,
              > >I just posted a camping event for March 24/25 at Dana Peak Park on
              > >Stillhouse Hollow Lake near Belton. The link is
              > >
              > ><http://tinyurl.com/2r2xtc>http://tinyurl.com/2r2xtc
              > >
              > >Personally, I'm going to the Copperas Cove event the same day and
              > >decided to camp in the area to make a weekend out of it. Then I
              > >decided to invite all my friends to join me!
              > >
              > >It's officially called Beat the Chiggers! and it's my hope we can
              do
              > >a bunch of those lake hikers before chigger season starts!
              > >
              > >We'll have a marshmallow roast or night caching on Saturday night
              > >and then a community breakfast before we take off on the trails.
              > >
              > >Reserve your campsite early as they only have 18 sites!
              > >
              > >I can share my site until its full.
              > >
              > >Hope to see you there!
              > >
              > >Julie
              > >Mrs. Captain Picard
              >

              > Is this going to be a British style camping event or just one of
              the
              > regular Texas style ones?
              >
              > http://forums.groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=154870
              >
              > a.

            • Sonja Michelle Thomas
              Message 6 of 13 , Mar 19, 2007

                It’s looking like I’m not going to be able to make it this weekend.