Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Re: Camping Event!

  • d_rubarb
    Message 1 of 13 , Mar 4, 2007
      Here's a couple of links that might help you out.
      The top link is a PDF file of a map of Dana Peak park with all the campsites and fees. The secomd link is the Texas Parks and Wildlife page that shows all the parks on Stillhouse lake and what facilities are available.

      It's here! Your new message!
    • Julie Perrine
      Message 2 of 13 , Mar 4, 2007
        Sonja, just Google Dana Peak and you'll find the campground.

        On 3/4/07, Sonja Michelle <sonjamichellelt@...> wrote:

        LOL, I've sooo been wanting to go camping lately! I even have that
        weekend off, I think, would have to double check my schedules. Is
        there a website for the park? I'm the kind of camper that likes to
        drive right up to the campsite, drop the tail gate, pitch a tent and
        camp off the back of my truck. Even thinking of getting a tent that
        would connect to the Expo. Fill the air mattress, sleep off the
        ground, have a tent with plenty of room for chilling out and other
        things. (Lol, yeah I read the UK thread, not that I'm....errr.... back
        on track) yeah, I'd love to go camping and maybe even get in some GC'ing!!

        <mrscaptainpicard@...> wrote:

        > Gang,
        > I just posted a camping event for March 24/25 at Dana Peak Park on
        > Stillhouse Hollow Lake near Belton. The link is
        >
        > *http://tinyurl.com/2r2xtc*
        >
        > Personally, I'm going to the Copperas Cove event the same day and
        decided to
        > camp in the area to make a weekend out of it. Then I decided to
        invite all
        > my friends to join me!
        >
        > It's officially called Beat the Chiggers! and it's my hope we can do
        a bunch
        > of those lake hikers before chigger season starts!
        >
        > We'll have a marshmallow roast or night caching on Saturday night
        and then a
        > community breakfast before we take off on the trails.
        >
        > Reserve your campsite early as they only have 18 sites!
        >
        > I can share my site until its full.
        >
        > Hope to see you there!
        >
        > Julie
        > Mrs. Captain Picard

      • Chris Mire
        Message 3 of 13 , Mar 4, 2007

          No doubt!  Let’s look at the two men shall we?  Jean Luc Picard vs. Jim Kirk

          Picard: Abandoned his wife (Mrs. Captain Picard) in Texas

          Kirk:  Did not

          Picard:  Actually a wheelchair bound alien manipulating an entire “school” of other alien freaks

          Kirk:  Actually a very successful attorney who is a senior partner at Craine, Poole, & Schmidt

          Picard:  Hangs out with Worf who is another freakish, overbearing, violent alien and someone that is called “number 2”… kind of a “crap” group of folks

          Kirk:  Hangs out with Scotty, Bones, and Spock; an engineer, a doctor, and a peace loving genius alien… much better crowd, don’t you think?

          I could go on and on, but I’ll give Curtis / Stratman a go at it…

          Chris / GeoMire

          Message 4 of 13 , Mar 4, 2007
            Chris,

            You forgot to mention:

            Picard: old wrinkled dude

            Kirk: young viril hottie

            Barbara/GiGi and JoJo

            Message 5 of 13 , Mar 4, 2007
              just made a reservation for the event.(site 25)  there are several sites still available so you might want to get one while you can...

              easy process from there...

              --- In CentralTexasGeocach ers@yahoogroups. com, "Julie Perrine"
              <mrscaptainpicard@ ...> wrote:

              > Gang,
              > I just posted a camping event for March 24/25 at Dana Peak Park on
              > Stillhouse Hollow Lake near Belton. The link is
              >
              > *http://tinyurl. com/2r2xtc*
              >
              > Personally, I'm going to the Copperas Cove event the same day and
              decided to
              > camp in the area to make a weekend out of it. Then I decided to
              invite all
              > my friends to join me!
              >
              > It's officially called Beat the Chiggers! and it's my hope we can do
              a bunch
              > of those lake hikers before chigger season starts!
              >
              > We'll have a marshmallow roast or night caching on Saturday night
              and then a
              > community breakfast before we take off on the trails.
              >
              > Reserve your campsite early as they only have 18 sites!
              >
              > I can share my site until its full.
              >
              > Hope to see you there!
              >
              > Julie
              > Mrs. Captain Picard

            • Sonja Michelle Thomas
              Message 6 of 13 , Mar 4, 2007
                Ok, I got site 22 for Fri and Sat night. Now all I need is to scare up the tent.  ;-)

                <mrscaptainpicard@ ...> wrote:

                > Gang,
                > I just posted a camping event for March 24/25 at Dana Peak Park on
                > Stillhouse Hollow Lake near Belton. The link is
                >
                > *http://tinyurl. com/2r2xtc*
                >
                > Personally, I'm going to the Copperas Cove event the same day and
                decided to
                > camp in the area to make a weekend out of it. Then I decided to
                invite all
                > my friends to join me!
                >
                > It's officially called Beat the Chiggers! and it's my hope we can do
                a bunch
                > of those lake hikers before chigger season starts!
                >
                > We'll have a marshmallow roast or night caching on Saturday night
                and then a
                > community breakfast before we take off on the trails.
                >
                > Reserve your campsite early as they only have 18 sites!
                >
                > I can share my site until its full.
                >
                > Hope to see you there!
                >
                > Julie
                > Mrs. Captain Picard

                Don't pick lemons.
                See all the new 2007 cars at Yahoo! Autos.
              • gtbevo2000
                Message 7 of 13 , Mar 4, 2007
                  Wowser! I've never been to a geocaching or camping event like the
                  ones they're describing in the UK!

                  I have a reservation for site #9 (#9, #9) for the weekend. I'm not
                  even sure that I can actually call it 'camping' anymore as we just
                  bought a travel trailer and will be using that but....anyway. I'll
                  be there and Julie has asked me to host breakfast on Sunday morning
                  so I'll be doing that too - details to come later.

                  Alyson/gtbevo

                  PS - I've always been a Kirk fan myself.

                  --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Alex Alexander
                  <alex@...> wrote:

                  > At 07:27 AM 3/2/2007, MCP wrote:
                  >

                  > >Gang,
                  > >I just posted a camping event for March 24/25 at Dana Peak Park on
                  > >Stillhouse Hollow Lake near Belton. The link is
                  > >
                  > ><http://tinyurl.com/2r2xtc>http://tinyurl.com/2r2xtc
                  > >
                  > >Personally, I'm going to the Copperas Cove event the same day and
                  > >decided to camp in the area to make a weekend out of it. Then I
                  > >decided to invite all my friends to join me!
                  > >
                  > >It's officially called Beat the Chiggers! and it's my hope we can
                  do
                  > >a bunch of those lake hikers before chigger season starts!
                  > >
                  > >We'll have a marshmallow roast or night caching on Saturday night
                  > >and then a community breakfast before we take off on the trails.
                  > >
                  > >Reserve your campsite early as they only have 18 sites!
                  > >
                  > >I can share my site until its full.
                  > >
                  > >Hope to see you there!
                  > >
                  > >Julie
                  > >Mrs. Captain Picard
                  >

                  > Is this going to be a British style camping event or just one of
                  the
                  > regular Texas style ones?
                  >
                  > http://forums.groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=154870
                  >
                  > a.

                • Sonja Michelle Thomas
                  Message 8 of 13 , Mar 19, 2007

                    It’s looking like I’m not going to be able to make it this weekend.