Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Camping Event!

  • Alex Alexander
    Message 1 of 13 , Mar 2, 2007
      At 07:27 AM 3/2/2007, MCP wrote:

      Gang,
      I just posted a camping event for March 24/25 at Dana Peak Park on Stillhouse Hollow Lake near Belton.  The link is

      http://tinyurl.com/2r2xtc

      Personally, I'm going to the Copperas Cove event the same day and decided to camp in the area to make a weekend out of it.  Then I decided to invite all my friends to join me!

      It's officially called Beat the Chiggers! and it's my hope we can do a bunch of those lake hikers before chigger season starts!

      We'll have a marshmallow roast or night caching on Saturday night and then a community breakfast before we take off on the trails.

      Reserve your campsite early as they only have 18 sites!

      I can share my site until its full.

      Hope to see you there!

      Is this going to be a British style camping event or just one of the regular Texas style ones?

      http://forums.groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=154870

      a.

    • Julie Perrine
      Message 2 of 13 , Mar 2, 2007
        Since I've been trying to get someone to hop into my tent for years and years now, I'm just not optimistic enough to think that it will finally happen at THIS event, sadly.......

        Cheers!
        Julie

      • StratmanAndTheHoot@suddenlink.net
        Message 3 of 13 , Mar 3, 2007
          Message
          Yeah, apparently that total geek alien loser freak, Jean Luc Picard isn't all that we thought he was...  You should have stuck with Kirk!

          Curtis / Stratman

          Message 4 of 13 , Mar 4, 2007
            LOL, I've sooo been wanting to go camping lately! I even have that
            weekend off, I think, would have to double check my schedules. Is
            there a website for the park? I'm the kind of camper that likes to
            drive right up to the campsite, drop the tail gate, pitch a tent and
            camp off the back of my truck. Even thinking of getting a tent that
            would connect to the Expo. Fill the air mattress, sleep off the
            ground, have a tent with plenty of room for chilling out and other
            things. (Lol, yeah I read the UK thread, not that I'm....errr.... back
            on track) yeah, I'd love to go camping and maybe even get in some GC'ing!!

            <mrscaptainpicard@...> wrote:

            > Gang,
            > I just posted a camping event for March 24/25 at Dana Peak Park on
            > Stillhouse Hollow Lake near Belton. The link is
            >
            > *http://tinyurl.com/2r2xtc*
            >
            > Personally, I'm going to the Copperas Cove event the same day and
            decided to
            > camp in the area to make a weekend out of it. Then I decided to
            invite all
            > my friends to join me!
            >
            > It's officially called Beat the Chiggers! and it's my hope we can do
            a bunch
            > of those lake hikers before chigger season starts!
            >
            > We'll have a marshmallow roast or night caching on Saturday night
            and then a
            > community breakfast before we take off on the trails.
            >
            > Reserve your campsite early as they only have 18 sites!
            >
            > I can share my site until its full.
            >
            > Hope to see you there!
            >
            > Julie
            > Mrs. Captain Picard

          • d_rubarb
            Message 5 of 13 , Mar 4, 2007
              Here's a couple of links that might help you out.
              The top link is a PDF file of a map of Dana Peak park with all the campsites and fees. The secomd link is the Texas Parks and Wildlife page that shows all the parks on Stillhouse lake and what facilities are available.

              It's here! Your new message!
            • Julie Perrine
              Message 6 of 13 , Mar 4, 2007
                Sonja, just Google Dana Peak and you'll find the campground.

                <mrscaptainpicard@...> wrote:

                > Gang,
                > I just posted a camping event for March 24/25 at Dana Peak Park on
                > Stillhouse Hollow Lake near Belton. The link is
                >
                > *http://tinyurl.com/2r2xtc*
                >
                > Personally, I'm going to the Copperas Cove event the same day and
                decided to
                > camp in the area to make a weekend out of it. Then I decided to
                invite all
                > my friends to join me!
                >
                > It's officially called Beat the Chiggers! and it's my hope we can do
                a bunch
                > of those lake hikers before chigger season starts!
                >
                > We'll have a marshmallow roast or night caching on Saturday night
                and then a
                > community breakfast before we take off on the trails.
                >
                > Reserve your campsite early as they only have 18 sites!
                >
                > I can share my site until its full.
                >
                > Hope to see you there!
                >
                > Julie
                > Mrs. Captain Picard

              • Chris Mire
                Message 7 of 13 , Mar 4, 2007

                  No doubt!  Let’s look at the two men shall we?  Jean Luc Picard vs. Jim Kirk

                  Picard: Abandoned his wife (Mrs. Captain Picard) in Texas

                  Kirk:  Did not

                  Picard:  Actually a wheelchair bound alien manipulating an entire “school” of other alien freaks

                  Kirk:  Actually a very successful attorney who is a senior partner at Craine, Poole, & Schmidt

                  Picard:  Hangs out with Worf who is another freakish, overbearing, violent alien and someone that is called “number 2”… kind of a “crap” group of folks

                  Kirk:  Hangs out with Scotty, Bones, and Spock; an engineer, a doctor, and a peace loving genius alien… much better crowd, don’t you think?

                  I could go on and on, but I’ll give Curtis / Stratman a go at it…

                  Chris / GeoMire

                  Message 8 of 13 , Mar 4, 2007
                    Chris,

                    You forgot to mention:

                    Picard: old wrinkled dude

                    Kirk: young viril hottie

                    Barbara/GiGi and JoJo

                    Message 9 of 13 , Mar 4, 2007
                      just made a reservation for the event.(site 25)  there are several sites still available so you might want to get one while you can...

                      easy process from there...

                      --- In CentralTexasGeocach ers@yahoogroups. com, "Julie Perrine"
                      <mrscaptainpicard@ ...> wrote:

                      > Gang,
                      > I just posted a camping event for March 24/25 at Dana Peak Park on
                      > Stillhouse Hollow Lake near Belton. The link is
                      >
                      > *http://tinyurl. com/2r2xtc*
                      >
                      > Personally, I'm going to the Copperas Cove event the same day and
                      decided to
                      > camp in the area to make a weekend out of it. Then I decided to
                      invite all
                      > my friends to join me!
                      >
                      > It's officially called Beat the Chiggers! and it's my hope we can do
                      a bunch
                      > of those lake hikers before chigger season starts!
                      >
                      > We'll have a marshmallow roast or night caching on Saturday night
                      and then a
                      > community breakfast before we take off on the trails.
                      >
                      > Reserve your campsite early as they only have 18 sites!
                      >
                      > I can share my site until its full.
                      >
                      > Hope to see you there!
                      >
                      > Julie
                      > Mrs. Captain Picard

                    • Sonja Michelle Thomas
                      Message 10 of 13 , Mar 4, 2007
                        Ok, I got site 22 for Fri and Sat night. Now all I need is to scare up the tent.  ;-)

                        <mrscaptainpicard@ ...> wrote:

                        > Gang,
                        > I just posted a camping event for March 24/25 at Dana Peak Park on
                        > Stillhouse Hollow Lake near Belton. The link is
                        >
                        > *http://tinyurl. com/2r2xtc*
                        >
                        > Personally, I'm going to the Copperas Cove event the same day and
                        decided to
                        > camp in the area to make a weekend out of it. Then I decided to
                        invite all
                        > my friends to join me!
                        >
                        > It's officially called Beat the Chiggers! and it's my hope we can do
                        a bunch
                        > of those lake hikers before chigger season starts!
                        >
                        > We'll have a marshmallow roast or night caching on Saturday night
                        and then a
                        > community breakfast before we take off on the trails.
                        >
                        > Reserve your campsite early as they only have 18 sites!
                        >
                        > I can share my site until its full.
                        >
                        > Hope to see you there!
                        >
                        > Julie
                        > Mrs. Captain Picard

                        Don't pick lemons.
                        See all the new 2007 cars at Yahoo! Autos.
                      • gtbevo2000
                        Message 11 of 13 , Mar 4, 2007
                          Wowser! I've never been to a geocaching or camping event like the
                          ones they're describing in the UK!

                          I have a reservation for site #9 (#9, #9) for the weekend. I'm not
                          even sure that I can actually call it 'camping' anymore as we just
                          bought a travel trailer and will be using that but....anyway. I'll
                          be there and Julie has asked me to host breakfast on Sunday morning
                          so I'll be doing that too - details to come later.

                          Alyson/gtbevo

                          PS - I've always been a Kirk fan myself.

                          --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Alex Alexander
                          <alex@...> wrote:

                          > At 07:27 AM 3/2/2007, MCP wrote:
                          >

                          > >Gang,
                          > >I just posted a camping event for March 24/25 at Dana Peak Park on
                          > >Stillhouse Hollow Lake near Belton. The link is
                          > >
                          > ><http://tinyurl.com/2r2xtc>http://tinyurl.com/2r2xtc
                          > >
                          > >Personally, I'm going to the Copperas Cove event the same day and
                          > >decided to camp in the area to make a weekend out of it. Then I
                          > >decided to invite all my friends to join me!
                          > >
                          > >It's officially called Beat the Chiggers! and it's my hope we can
                          do
                          > >a bunch of those lake hikers before chigger season starts!
                          > >
                          > >We'll have a marshmallow roast or night caching on Saturday night
                          > >and then a community breakfast before we take off on the trails.
                          > >
                          > >Reserve your campsite early as they only have 18 sites!
                          > >
                          > >I can share my site until its full.
                          > >
                          > >Hope to see you there!
                          > >
                          > >Julie
                          > >Mrs. Captain Picard
                          >

                          > Is this going to be a British style camping event or just one of
                          the
                          > regular Texas style ones?
                          >
                          > http://forums.groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=154870
                          >
                          > a.

                        • Sonja Michelle Thomas
                          Message 12 of 13 , Mar 19, 2007

                            It’s looking like I’m not going to be able to make it this weekend.