OT: selling aluminum cans

  • Chris, Penny, Logan, Liahm, Xena, Gabrie
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 23, 2007
      I was hoping somebody would know where we could sell aluminum cans in the SA area.  We've searched on line.  Logan and the rest of us have been doing cito and collecting aluminum.  We would like to help pay for a Walt Disney trip (with some caching for Mommy and Daddy on the side).  Anybody have any info?
      Penny
      cpnowak

    • Candy Lind
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 25, 2007
        Go in to http://yp.yahoo.com and enter your zip code as your location,
        and use the word "recycling" for your search. When I did this, I got 2
        options, one to look for businesses with the word recycling in their
        name, and one to look for recycling businesses. Use the NAME option.
        Apparently the places that buy metal for recycling list themselves
        under some other place that's not recycling. You'll be able to tell
        from the addresses or phone numbers which ones are likely to be closer
        to your side of town.

        GOOD ON YA, LOGAN AND LIAHM, for making that CITO add up to a little
        cold, hard cash on the side!!!

        Happy Trails,
        Candy

        --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Chris, Penny, Logan,

        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 26, 2007
          Thanks Candy!

          Penny
          cpnowak

          Sent: Sunday, February 25, 2007 10:59 AM
          Subject: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Re: OT: selling aluminum cans

          Go in to http://yp.yahoo. com and enter your zip code as your location,
          and use the word "recycling" for your search. When I did this, I got 2
          options, one to look for businesses with the word recycling in their
          name, and one to look for recycling businesses. Use the NAME option.
          Apparently the places that buy metal for recycling list themselves
          under some other place that's not recycling. You'll be able to tell
          from the addresses or phone numbers which ones are likely to be closer
          to your side of town.

          GOOD ON YA, LOGAN AND LIAHM, for making that CITO add up to a little
          cold, hard cash on the side!!!

          Happy Trails,
          Candy

          --- In CentralTexasGeocach ers@yahoogroups. com, "Chris, Penny, Logan,
          Liahm, Xena, Gabriel and Princess Jewel Nowak" <nowak@...> wrote:

          > I was hoping somebody would know where we could sell aluminum cans
          in the SA area. We've searched on line. Logan and the rest of us
          have been doing cito and collecting aluminum. We would like to help
          pay for a Walt Disney trip (with some caching for Mommy and Daddy on
          the side). Anybody have any info?
          > Penny
          > cpnowak
          >
          > Chris, Penny, Logan, Liahm, Gabriel and Princess Jewel Nowak

        • Perrine, Julie
          Message 4 of 9 , Feb 26, 2007

            If you boys want to really make the BIG BUCKS, just schedule a pickup at my house once a week.  Boy, do I have a way of generating empty Diet Coke cans!

          • Chris, Penny, Logan, Liahm, Xena, Gabrie
            Message 5 of 9 , Feb 26, 2007
              Wish we could!  LOL!  But if anybody wants to save their cans for us that would be great!  We can pick them up when we come to Austin but that's usually only about once every 2 or 3 months.

              We're gonna sit outside AnthonyV's place and wait for the Budweiser cans to come flying out at us!!!  LOL!

              Penny
              cpnowak

              Sent: Monday, February 26, 2007 8:52 AM

              If you boys want to really make the BIG BUCKS, just schedule a pickup at my house once a week.  Boy, do I have a way of generating empty Diet Coke cans!

            • Doc

                Sent: Monday, February 26, 2007 8:52 AM

                If you boys want to really make the BIG BUCKS, just schedule a pickup at my house once a week.  Boy, do I have a way of generating empty Diet Coke cans!

                Be a PS3 game guru.

              • Criselda Miller

                  Sent: Monday, February 26, 2007 8:52 AM

                  If you boys want to really make the BIG BUCKS, just schedule a pickup at my house once a week.  Boy, do I have a way of generating empty Diet Coke cans!

                  Be a PS3 game guru.

                  Try the Yahoo! Mail Beta.

                • Mark
                  Message 8 of 9 , Mar 2 6:50 PM
                    Since I am not in SA area, how much do you get per pound there? Here
                    in OKC, we get approx $0.90. My father-in-law and I crushed about
                    2000 cans over the past 2 weekends. 40% of them came from work, the
                    other 60% came from my wife and I drinking Dr. Pepper.

                    Mark

                    --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Criselda Miller
                    <zeldaqueengeo@...> wrote:

                    > I dont usually drink BEER but i guess at the challange Ill
                    contribute to The cause

                    > Doc <bcwatson@...> wrote: Take lots of empty bags to the
                    Texas Challenge....

                    Nowak" <nowak@...> wrote: Wish we could! LOL! But if
                    anybody wants to save their cans for us that would be great! We can
                    pick them up when we come to Austin but that's usually only about
                    once every 2 or 3 months.

                    > We're gonna sit outside AnthonyV's place and wait for the
                    Budweiser cans to come flying out at us!!! LOL!

                    > Penny
                    > cpnowak
                    >
                    > Chris, Penny, Logan, Liahm, Gabriel and Princess Jewel Nowak

                    Yahoo! Games.

                    Message 9 of 9 , Mar 2 7:29 PM
                      We just went to a place and they gave us .62 per pound, .64 if over 50 pounds and .66 if over 100.  We made $5....only $2995.00 left to save for Disney world!  LOL!

                      Penny
                      cpnowak

                      <zeldaqueengeo@ ...> wrote:

                      > I dont usually drink BEER but i guess at the challange Ill
                      contribute to The cause

                      > Doc <bcwatson@.. .> wrote: Take lots of empty bags to the
                      Texas Challenge... .

                      > "Chris, Penny, Logan, Liahm, Xena, Gabriel and Princess Jewel
                      Nowak" <nowak@...> wrote: Wish we could! LOL! But if
                      anybody wants to save their cans for us that would be great! We can
                      pick them up when we come to Austin but that's usually only about
                      once every 2 or 3 months.

                      > We're gonna sit outside AnthonyV's place and wait for the
                      Budweiser cans to come flying out at us!!! LOL!

                      > Penny
                      > cpnowak
                      >
                      > Chris, Penny, Logan, Liahm, Gabriel and Princess Jewel Nowak

                      Yahoo! Games.