!. lenses for night caching

  • emmy_n_sapphie
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 4, 2007
      This is for all you cachers out there who do most of your caching at
      night or for any of you who do a lot of night driving. Pat went to a
      conference last week & saw a demo of one of the optometric advances
      that may really help you see better at night.

      Everyone has optical aberrations in their eyes from irregularities of
      the cornea & lens. Beacuse of these, even if you have 20/20 vision
      with your glasses, at night you may still see halos around lights,
      things looking a little blurry, etc. They can now use an instrument
      to quickly & painlessly measure your aberrations & then fabricate
      special lenses (!.lenses) for your glassses that are custom-made to
      correct for your individual aberrations. The result for most people
      is significantly sharper night vision.

      At the conference, they measured Pat's aberrations & showed her how
      much clearer things would look with these lenses. It was impressive.

      I know of one optometric practice in Round Rock doing these !.lenses.
      Email offline (mbb2001 AT falsh DOT net) if you want more info. I
      imagine they are quite a bit more expensive than regular lenses, but
      if you do a lot of night caching, it may be worth the extra money.

      Just so you know - I don't own stock in these lenses & I don't even
      know the RR OD's who are prescribing them. So this is not a shameless
      plug to make me richer. Just thought we would share our know-how from
      our former profession as optometrists.

      Mary Beth
      (emmy-n-sapphie)
    • Philip C. Mason
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 4, 2007
        Still, when Im in superhero mode there is still nothing like
        having x-ray vision. LOL

        Phil