Re: BigGP - Dick Nichols Park Cache Run, 2/3/2007, 10:00 am

  • Jack Glantzberg
    Message 1 of 18 , Feb 2, 2007
      I'm sure we'll finish with Dick Nochols Park itself pretty quickly.
      Then we might move on to Slaughter Metro Park a few miles away. If
      you want to make sure you have all the caches for the run, Take a
      query of the 100 closest caches to Dick Nichols. Cause they will all
      be potential targets. :)

      --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Bob Chernow
      <bobchernow@...> wrote:

      > BigGP,
      >
      > Is there a list of what caches you are targeting. I have done about 1/2
      > of the ones in the park proper but there are a few along the perimiter
      > and general area I do not have yet.
      >
      > Bob
      >
      > Jack Glantzberg wrote:
      > >
      > > The Parking Lot is N 30° 12.820 W 097° 51.800. One of the nearby
      > > caches is Lean 'n Log GCV8W7.
      > >
      > > --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com
      > > <mailto:CentralTexasGeocachers%40yahoogroups.com>, "cybercat"
      > > <cybercat@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Can you give me a coordinate or tell me the name of a cache in Dick
      > > Nichols Park?--That way I can figure out how many I need in there.
      > > > Thanx

    • Bob Chernow
      Message 2 of 18 , Feb 2, 2007
        Are you talking about the Circle C Metro Park?

        <bobchernow@ ...> wrote:

        > BigGP,
        >
        > Is there a list of what caches you are targeting. I have done about 1/2
        > of the ones in the park proper but there are a few along the perimiter
        > and general area I do not have yet.
        >
        > Bob
        >
        > Jack Glantzberg wrote:
        > >
        > > The Parking Lot is N 30° 12.820 W 097° 51.800. One of the nearby
        > > caches is Lean 'n Log GCV8W7.
        > >
        > > --- In CentralTexasGeocach ers@yahoogroups. com
        > > <mailto:CentralTexa sGeocachers% 40yahoogroups. com>, "cybercat"
        > > <cybercat@> wrote:
        > > >
        > > > Can you give me a coordinate or tell me the name of a cache in Dick
        > > Nichols Park?--That way I can figure out how many I need in there.
        > > > Thanx

      • Jack Glantzberg
        Message 3 of 18 , Feb 2, 2007
          Yes, that's it.

          <bobchernow@...> wrote:

          > Are you talking about the Circle C Metro Park?
          >
          > Jack Glantzberg wrote:
          > >
          > > I'm sure we'll finish with Dick Nochols Park itself pretty quickly.
          > > Then we might move on to Slaughter Metro Park a few miles away. If
          > > you want to make sure you have all the caches for the run, Take a
          > > query of the 100 closest caches to Dick Nichols. Cause they will all
          > > be potential targets. :)
          > >
          > > --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com
          > > <mailto:CentralTexasGeocachers%40yahoogroups.com>, Bob Chernow
          > > <bobchernow@> wrote:
          > > >
          > > > BigGP,
          > > >
          > > > Is there a list of what caches you are targeting. I have done
          about 1/2
          > > > of the ones in the park proper but there are a few along the
          perimiter
          > > > and general area I do not have yet.
          > > >
          > > > Bob

          > > <mailto:CentralTexasGeocachers%40yahoogroups.com>

        • d_rubarb
          Message 4 of 18 , Feb 2, 2007
            Come on out Bob let's get them all <G>
            KangaDrew

            --- In CentralTexasGeocach ers@yahoogroups. com, "cybercat"

            Message 5 of 18 , Feb 2, 2007
              Yes another target rich environment. Going to be a great day of caching!
              Drew/KangaDrew

              Yes, that's it.

              <bobchernow@ ...> wrote:

              > Are you talking about the Circle C Metro Park?
              >
              > Jack Glantzberg wrote:
              > >
              > > I'm sure we'll finish with Dick Nochols Park itself pretty quickly.
              > > Then we might move on to Slaughter Metro Park a few miles away. If
              > > you want to make sure you have all the caches for the run, Take a
              > > query of the 100 closest caches to Dick Nichols. Cause they will all
              > > be potential targets. :)
              > >
              > > --- In CentralTexasGeocach ers@yahoogroups. com
              > > <mailto:CentralTexa sGeocachers% 40yahoogroups. com>, Bob Chernow
              > > <bobchernow@ > wrote:
              > > >
              > > > BigGP,
              > > >
              > > > Is there a list of what caches you are targeting. I have done
              about 1/2
              > > > of the ones in the park proper but there are a few along the
              perimiter
              > > > and general area I do not have yet.
              > > >
              > > > Bob

              > > <mailto:CentralTexa sGeocachers% 40yahoogroups. com>

              Don't pick lemons.
              See all the new 2007 cars at Yahoo! Autos.

            • Criselda Miller
              Message 6 of 18 , Feb 2, 2007
                I thought We were gonna work on the" What....loves about South Austin:.....there are now over 20

                d_rubarb <d_rubarb@...> wrote:
                Yes another target rich environment. Going to be a great day of caching!
                Drew/KangaDrew

                Yes, that's it.

                <bobchernow@ ...> wrote:

                > Are you talking about the Circle C Metro Park?
                >
                > Jack Glantzberg wrote:
                > >
                > > I'm sure we'll finish with Dick Nochols Park itself pretty quickly.
                > > Then we might move on to Slaughter Metro Park a few miles away. If
                > > you want to make sure you have all the caches for the run, Take a
                > > query of the 100 closest caches to Dick Nichols. Cause they will all
                > > be potential targets. :)
                > >
                > > --- In CentralTexasGeocach ers@yahoogroups. com
                > > <mailto:CentralTexa sGeocachers% 40yahoogroups. com>, Bob Chernow
                > > <bobchernow@ > wrote:
                > > >
                > > > BigGP,
                > > >
                > > > Is there a list of what caches you are targeting. I have done
                about 1/2
                > > > of the ones in the park proper but there are a few along the
                perimiter
                > > > and general area I do not have yet.
                > > >
                > > > Bob

                > > <mailto:CentralTexa sGeocachers% 40yahoogroups. com>

                Try the Yahoo! Mail Beta.

              • Jack Glantzberg
                Message 7 of 18 , Feb 2, 2007
                  We could do that, too. I think the main purpose for this weekend is
                  Lignumaqua's Science Series, of which there are a few in the area of
                  Dick Nichols and Circle C. Of course, there are also several WWLASA
                  caches in the same area.

                  --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Criselda Miller
                  <zeldaqueengeo@...> wrote:

                  > I thought We were gonna work on the" What....loves about South
                  Austin:.....there are now over 20

                  > d_rubarb <d_rubarb@...> wrote: Yes another target rich
                  environment. Going to be a great day of caching!
                  > Drew/KangaDrew
                  >
                  > Jack Glantzberg <hglantzberg@...> wrote:
                  > Yes, that's it.
                  >
                  > --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Bob Chernow
                  > <bobchernow@> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > Are you talking about the Circle C Metro Park?
                  > >
                  > > Jack Glantzberg wrote:
                  > > >
                  > > > I'm sure we'll finish with Dick Nochols Park itself pretty quickly.
                  > > > Then we might move on to Slaughter Metro Park a few miles away. If
                  > > > you want to make sure you have all the caches for the run, Take a
                  > > > query of the 100 closest caches to Dick Nichols. Cause they will all
                  > > > be potential targets. :)
                  > > >
                  > > > --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com
                  > > > <mailto:CentralTexasGeocachers%40yahoogroups.com>, Bob Chernow

                  > about 1/2
                  > perimiter

                  > > > <mailto:CentralTexasGeocachers%40yahoogroups.com>

                  > in Dick

                • bjdukette
                  Message 8 of 18 , Feb 2, 2007
                    I've done a few of the caches at the park, but still need a few in the
                    area.

                    I'll be there - after my Starbucks run!

                    GiGi
                  • Jack Glantzberg
                    Message 9 of 18 , Feb 2, 2007
                      Starbucks run... That's a great idea! Who wants to meet at
                      Starbucks? There's one at William Cannon and Mopac.

                      --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "bjdukette"
                      <bjdukette@...> wrote:

                      > I've done a few of the caches at the park, but still need a few in the
                      > area.
                      >
                      > I'll be there - after my Starbucks run!
                      >
                      > GiGi

                    • Bob Chernow
                      Message 10 of 18 , Feb 2, 2007
                        I think I am coming even tho I got a few done in there already. I may not be there at 10 so do not wait for me but I should have your number Jack so I will call and get current location when I show up. What night cache have you got planned????

                        <bjdukette@. ..> wrote:

                        > I've done a few of the caches at the park, but still need a few in the
                        > area.
                        >
                        > I'll be there - after my Starbucks run!
                        >
                        > GiGi

                      • Jack Glantzberg
                        Message 11 of 18 , Feb 2, 2007
                          Rescue from the Dark Side. I've done it already a couple of weeks
                          ago. This weekend is actually sponsored by QZ and KangaDrew. Look in
                          the post history for "Sat. Caching"

                          <bobchernow@...> wrote:

                          > I think I am coming even tho I got a few done in there already. I may
                          > not be there at 10 so do not wait for me but I should have your number
                          > Jack so I will call and get current location when I show up. What night
                          > cache have you got planned????
                          >
                          > Jack Glantzberg wrote:
                          > >
                          > > Starbucks run... That's a great idea! Who wants to meet at
                          > > Starbucks? There's one at William Cannon and Mopac.
                          > >
                          > > --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com
                          > > <mailto:CentralTexasGeocachers%40yahoogroups.com>, "bjdukette"
                          > > <bjdukette@> wrote:
                          > > >
                          > > > I've done a few of the caches at the park, but still need a few
                          in the
                          > > > area.
                          > > >
                          > > > I'll be there - after my Starbucks run!
                          > > >
                          > > > GiGi

                        • Criselda Miller
                          Message 12 of 18 , Feb 2, 2007
                            Ive done Rescue from The Darkside several times IT IS MY FAVORITE!!!!! and Kangadrew has not done it!!!

                            <bobchernow@ ...> wrote:

                            > I think I am coming even tho I got a few done in there already. I may
                            > not be there at 10 so do not wait for me but I should have your number
                            > Jack so I will call and get current location when I show up. What night
                            > cache have you got planned????
                            >
                            > Jack Glantzberg wrote:
                            > >
                            > > Starbucks run... That's a great idea! Who wants to meet at
                            > > Starbucks? There's one at William Cannon and Mopac.
                            > >
                            > > --- In CentralTexasGeocach ers@yahoogroups. com
                            > > <mailto:CentralTexa sGeocachers% 40yahoogroups. com>, "bjdukette"
                            > > <bjdukette@> wrote:
                            > > >
                            > > > I've done a few of the caches at the park, but still need a few
                            in the
                            > > > area.
                            > > >
                            > > > I'll be there - after my Starbucks run!
                            > > >
                            > > > GiGi

                          • d_rubarb
                            Message 13 of 18 , Feb 2, 2007
                              A good start to the weekend. Just grabbed FTF on a cache close to my house maybe 20 minutes from being published to getting home and logging it. I'm taking that as a good omen for tomorrows cache run in Dick Nichols. Saw your post Jack about Starbucks we'll probably stop there on our way to the park too.
                              KangaDrew

                              <bobchernow@ ...> wrote:

                              > I think I am coming even tho I got a few done in there already. I may
                              > not be there at 10 so do not wait for me but I should have your number
                              > Jack so I will call and get current location when I show up. What night
                              > cache have you got planned????
                              >
                              > Jack Glantzberg wrote:
                              > >
                              > > Starbucks run... That's a great idea! Who wants to meet at
                              > > Starbucks? There's one at William Cannon and Mopac.
                              > >
                              > > --- In CentralTexasGeocach ers@yahoogroups. com
                              > > <mailto:CentralTexa sGeocachers% 40yahoogroups. com>, "bjdukette"
                              > > <bjdukette@> wrote:
                              > > >
                              > > > I've done a few of the caches at the park, but still need a few
                              in the
                              > > > area.
                              > > >
                              > > > I'll be there - after my Starbucks run!
                              > > >
                              > > > GiGi

                              Try the free Yahoo! Mail Beta.

                            • Criselda Miller
                              Message 14 of 18 , Feb 3, 2007
                                WooHoo, BABY!!!! Its gonna be a GREAT day!! See You'll later after Parade just loaded My GPS,PDA and Gas Tank.

                                <bobchernow@ ...> wrote:

                                > I think I am coming even tho I got a few done in there already. I may
                                > not be there at 10 so do not wait for me but I should have your number
                                > Jack so I will call and get current location when I show up. What night
                                > cache have you got planned????
                                >
                                > Jack Glantzberg wrote:
                                > >
                                > > Starbucks run... That's a great idea! Who wants to meet at
                                > > Starbucks? There's one at William Cannon and Mopac.
                                > >
                                > > --- In CentralTexasGeocach ers@yahoogroups. com
                                > > <mailto:CentralTexa sGeocachers% 40yahoogroups. com>, "bjdukette"
                                > > <bjdukette@> wrote:
                                > > >
                                > > > I've done a few of the caches at the park, but still need a few
                                in the
                                > > > area.
                                > > >
                                > > > I'll be there - after my Starbucks run!
                                > > >
                                > > > GiGi