Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Re: BigGP - Dick Nichols Park Cache Run, 2/3/2007, 10:00 am

  • Bob Chernow
    Message 1 of 18 , Feb 2, 2007
      BigGP,

      Is there a list of what caches you are targeting. I have done about 1/2 of the ones in the park proper but there are a few along the perimiter and general area I do not have yet.

      Bob

      Jack Glantzberg wrote:

      The Parking Lot is N 30° 12.820 W 097° 51.800. One of the nearby
      caches is Lean 'n Log GCV8W7.

      --- In CentralTexasGeocach ers@yahoogroups. com, "cybercat"
      <cybercat@.. .> wrote:

      > Can you give me a coordinate or tell me the name of a cache in Dick
      Nichols Park?--That way I can figure out how many I need in there.
      > Thanx
      Run, 2/3/2007, 10:00 am

      > Reminder from: CentralTexasGeocach ers Yahoo! Group
      >
      > Title: BigGP - Dick Nichols Park Cache Run
      >
      > Date: Saturday February 3, 2007
      > Time: 10:00 am - 3:00 pm
      > Next reminder: The next reminder for this event will be
      sent in 23 hours, 59 minutes.
      > Location: Dick Nichols Park
      > Notes: Meet at the parking area for Dick Nichols Park.
      Possible dinner later followed by night caching.

      > Jack
      > BigGP

      > Edit reminder options
      > Copyright � 2007 Yahoo! Inc. All Rights Reserved | Terms of
      Service | Privacy Policy

    • Jack Glantzberg
      Message 2 of 18 , Feb 2, 2007
        I'm sure we'll finish with Dick Nochols Park itself pretty quickly.
        Then we might move on to Slaughter Metro Park a few miles away. If
        you want to make sure you have all the caches for the run, Take a
        query of the 100 closest caches to Dick Nichols. Cause they will all
        be potential targets. :)

        --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Bob Chernow
        <bobchernow@...> wrote:

        > BigGP,
        >
        > Is there a list of what caches you are targeting. I have done about 1/2
        > of the ones in the park proper but there are a few along the perimiter
        > and general area I do not have yet.
        >
        > Bob
        >
        > Jack Glantzberg wrote:
        > >
        > > The Parking Lot is N 30° 12.820 W 097° 51.800. One of the nearby
        > > caches is Lean 'n Log GCV8W7.
        > >
        > > --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com
        > > <mailto:CentralTexasGeocachers%40yahoogroups.com>, "cybercat"
        > > <cybercat@> wrote:
        > > >
        > > > Can you give me a coordinate or tell me the name of a cache in Dick
        > > Nichols Park?--That way I can figure out how many I need in there.
        > > > Thanx

      • Bob Chernow
        Message 3 of 18 , Feb 2, 2007
          Are you talking about the Circle C Metro Park?

          <bobchernow@ ...> wrote:

          > BigGP,
          >
          > Is there a list of what caches you are targeting. I have done about 1/2
          > of the ones in the park proper but there are a few along the perimiter
          > and general area I do not have yet.
          >
          > Bob
          >
          > Jack Glantzberg wrote:
          > >
          > > The Parking Lot is N 30° 12.820 W 097° 51.800. One of the nearby
          > > caches is Lean 'n Log GCV8W7.
          > >
          > > --- In CentralTexasGeocach ers@yahoogroups. com
          > > <mailto:CentralTexa sGeocachers% 40yahoogroups. com>, "cybercat"
          > > <cybercat@> wrote:
          > > >
          > > > Can you give me a coordinate or tell me the name of a cache in Dick
          > > Nichols Park?--That way I can figure out how many I need in there.
          > > > Thanx

        • Jack Glantzberg
          Message 4 of 18 , Feb 2, 2007
            Yes, that's it.

            <bobchernow@...> wrote:

            > Are you talking about the Circle C Metro Park?
            >
            > Jack Glantzberg wrote:
            > >
            > > I'm sure we'll finish with Dick Nochols Park itself pretty quickly.
            > > Then we might move on to Slaughter Metro Park a few miles away. If
            > > you want to make sure you have all the caches for the run, Take a
            > > query of the 100 closest caches to Dick Nichols. Cause they will all
            > > be potential targets. :)
            > >
            > > --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com
            > > <mailto:CentralTexasGeocachers%40yahoogroups.com>, Bob Chernow
            > > <bobchernow@> wrote:
            > > >
            > > > BigGP,
            > > >
            > > > Is there a list of what caches you are targeting. I have done
            about 1/2
            > > > of the ones in the park proper but there are a few along the
            perimiter
            > > > and general area I do not have yet.
            > > >
            > > > Bob

            > > <mailto:CentralTexasGeocachers%40yahoogroups.com>

          • d_rubarb
            Message 5 of 18 , Feb 2, 2007
              Come on out Bob let's get them all <G>
              KangaDrew

              Message 6 of 18 , Feb 2, 2007
                Yes another target rich environment. Going to be a great day of caching!
                Drew/KangaDrew

                Yes, that's it.

                <bobchernow@ ...> wrote:

                > Are you talking about the Circle C Metro Park?
                >
                > Jack Glantzberg wrote:
                > >
                > > I'm sure we'll finish with Dick Nochols Park itself pretty quickly.
                > > Then we might move on to Slaughter Metro Park a few miles away. If
                > > you want to make sure you have all the caches for the run, Take a
                > > query of the 100 closest caches to Dick Nichols. Cause they will all
                > > be potential targets. :)
                > >
                > > --- In CentralTexasGeocach ers@yahoogroups. com
                > > <mailto:CentralTexa sGeocachers% 40yahoogroups. com>, Bob Chernow
                > > <bobchernow@ > wrote:
                > > >
                > > > BigGP,
                > > >
                > > > Is there a list of what caches you are targeting. I have done
                about 1/2
                > > > of the ones in the park proper but there are a few along the
                perimiter
                > > > and general area I do not have yet.
                > > >
                > > > Bob

                > > <mailto:CentralTexa sGeocachers% 40yahoogroups. com>

                Don't pick lemons.
                See all the new 2007 cars at Yahoo! Autos.

              • Criselda Miller
                Message 7 of 18 , Feb 2, 2007
                  I thought We were gonna work on the" What....loves about South Austin:.....there are now over 20

                  d_rubarb <d_rubarb@...> wrote:
                  Yes another target rich environment. Going to be a great day of caching!
                  Drew/KangaDrew

                  Yes, that's it.

                  <bobchernow@ ...> wrote:

                  > Are you talking about the Circle C Metro Park?
                  >
                  > Jack Glantzberg wrote:
                  > >
                  > > I'm sure we'll finish with Dick Nochols Park itself pretty quickly.
                  > > Then we might move on to Slaughter Metro Park a few miles away. If
                  > > you want to make sure you have all the caches for the run, Take a
                  > > query of the 100 closest caches to Dick Nichols. Cause they will all
                  > > be potential targets. :)
                  > >
                  > > --- In CentralTexasGeocach ers@yahoogroups. com
                  > > <mailto:CentralTexa sGeocachers% 40yahoogroups. com>, Bob Chernow
                  > > <bobchernow@ > wrote:
                  > > >
                  > > > BigGP,
                  > > >
                  > > > Is there a list of what caches you are targeting. I have done
                  about 1/2
                  > > > of the ones in the park proper but there are a few along the
                  perimiter
                  > > > and general area I do not have yet.
                  > > >
                  > > > Bob

                  > > <mailto:CentralTexa sGeocachers% 40yahoogroups. com>

                  Try the Yahoo! Mail Beta.

                • Jack Glantzberg
                  Message 8 of 18 , Feb 2, 2007
                    We could do that, too. I think the main purpose for this weekend is
                    Lignumaqua's Science Series, of which there are a few in the area of
                    Dick Nichols and Circle C. Of course, there are also several WWLASA
                    caches in the same area.

                    --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Criselda Miller
                    <zeldaqueengeo@...> wrote:

                    > I thought We were gonna work on the" What....loves about South
                    Austin:.....there are now over 20

                    > d_rubarb <d_rubarb@...> wrote: Yes another target rich
                    environment. Going to be a great day of caching!
                    > Drew/KangaDrew
                    >
                    > Jack Glantzberg <hglantzberg@...> wrote:
                    > Yes, that's it.
                    >
                    > --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Bob Chernow
                    > <bobchernow@> wrote:
                    > >
                    > > Are you talking about the Circle C Metro Park?
                    > >
                    > > Jack Glantzberg wrote:
                    > > >
                    > > > I'm sure we'll finish with Dick Nochols Park itself pretty quickly.
                    > > > Then we might move on to Slaughter Metro Park a few miles away. If
                    > > > you want to make sure you have all the caches for the run, Take a
                    > > > query of the 100 closest caches to Dick Nichols. Cause they will all
                    > > > be potential targets. :)
                    > > >
                    > > > --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com
                    > > > <mailto:CentralTexasGeocachers%40yahoogroups.com>, Bob Chernow

                    > about 1/2
                    > perimiter

                    > > > <mailto:CentralTexasGeocachers%40yahoogroups.com>

                    > in Dick

                  • bjdukette
                    Message 9 of 18 , Feb 2, 2007
                      I've done a few of the caches at the park, but still need a few in the
                      area.

                      I'll be there - after my Starbucks run!

                      GiGi
                    • Jack Glantzberg
                      Message 10 of 18 , Feb 2, 2007
                        Starbucks run... That's a great idea! Who wants to meet at
                        Starbucks? There's one at William Cannon and Mopac.

                        --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "bjdukette"
                        <bjdukette@...> wrote:

                        > I've done a few of the caches at the park, but still need a few in the
                        > area.
                        >
                        > I'll be there - after my Starbucks run!
                        >
                        > GiGi

                      • Bob Chernow
                        Message 11 of 18 , Feb 2, 2007
                          I think I am coming even tho I got a few done in there already. I may not be there at 10 so do not wait for me but I should have your number Jack so I will call and get current location when I show up. What night cache have you got planned????

                          <bjdukette@. ..> wrote:

                          > I've done a few of the caches at the park, but still need a few in the
                          > area.
                          >
                          > I'll be there - after my Starbucks run!
                          >
                          > GiGi

                        • Jack Glantzberg
                          Message 12 of 18 , Feb 2, 2007
                            Rescue from the Dark Side. I've done it already a couple of weeks
                            ago. This weekend is actually sponsored by QZ and KangaDrew. Look in
                            the post history for "Sat. Caching"

                            <bobchernow@...> wrote:

                            > I think I am coming even tho I got a few done in there already. I may
                            > not be there at 10 so do not wait for me but I should have your number
                            > Jack so I will call and get current location when I show up. What night
                            > cache have you got planned????
                            >
                            > Jack Glantzberg wrote:
                            > >
                            > > Starbucks run... That's a great idea! Who wants to meet at
                            > > Starbucks? There's one at William Cannon and Mopac.
                            > >
                            > > --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com
                            > > <mailto:CentralTexasGeocachers%40yahoogroups.com>, "bjdukette"
                            > > <bjdukette@> wrote:
                            > > >
                            > > > I've done a few of the caches at the park, but still need a few
                            in the
                            > > > area.
                            > > >
                            > > > I'll be there - after my Starbucks run!
                            > > >
                            > > > GiGi

                          • Criselda Miller
                            Message 13 of 18 , Feb 2, 2007
                              Ive done Rescue from The Darkside several times IT IS MY FAVORITE!!!!! and Kangadrew has not done it!!!

                              <bobchernow@ ...> wrote:

                              > I think I am coming even tho I got a few done in there already. I may
                              > not be there at 10 so do not wait for me but I should have your number
                              > Jack so I will call and get current location when I show up. What night
                              > cache have you got planned????
                              >
                              > Jack Glantzberg wrote:
                              > >
                              > > Starbucks run... That's a great idea! Who wants to meet at
                              > > Starbucks? There's one at William Cannon and Mopac.
                              > >
                              > > --- In CentralTexasGeocach ers@yahoogroups. com
                              > > <mailto:CentralTexa sGeocachers% 40yahoogroups. com>, "bjdukette"
                              > > <bjdukette@> wrote:
                              > > >
                              > > > I've done a few of the caches at the park, but still need a few
                              in the
                              > > > area.
                              > > >
                              > > > I'll be there - after my Starbucks run!
                              > > >
                              > > > GiGi

                            • d_rubarb
                              Message 14 of 18 , Feb 2, 2007
                                A good start to the weekend. Just grabbed FTF on a cache close to my house maybe 20 minutes from being published to getting home and logging it. I'm taking that as a good omen for tomorrows cache run in Dick Nichols. Saw your post Jack about Starbucks we'll probably stop there on our way to the park too.
                                KangaDrew

                                <bobchernow@ ...> wrote:

                                > I think I am coming even tho I got a few done in there already. I may
                                > not be there at 10 so do not wait for me but I should have your number
                                > Jack so I will call and get current location when I show up. What night
                                > cache have you got planned????
                                >
                                > Jack Glantzberg wrote:
                                > >
                                > > Starbucks run... That's a great idea! Who wants to meet at
                                > > Starbucks? There's one at William Cannon and Mopac.
                                > >
                                > > --- In CentralTexasGeocach ers@yahoogroups. com
                                > > <mailto:CentralTexa sGeocachers% 40yahoogroups. com>, "bjdukette"
                                > > <bjdukette@> wrote:
                                > > >
                                > > > I've done a few of the caches at the park, but still need a few
                                in the
                                > > > area.
                                > > >
                                > > > I'll be there - after my Starbucks run!
                                > > >
                                > > > GiGi

                                Try the free Yahoo! Mail Beta.

                              • Criselda Miller
                                Message 15 of 18 , Feb 3, 2007
                                  WooHoo, BABY!!!! Its gonna be a GREAT day!! See You'll later after Parade just loaded My GPS,PDA and Gas Tank.

                                  <bobchernow@ ...> wrote:

                                  > I think I am coming even tho I got a few done in there already. I may
                                  > not be there at 10 so do not wait for me but I should have your number
                                  > Jack so I will call and get current location when I show up. What night
                                  > cache have you got planned????
                                  >
                                  > Jack Glantzberg wrote:
                                  > >
                                  > > Starbucks run... That's a great idea! Who wants to meet at
                                  > > Starbucks? There's one at William Cannon and Mopac.
                                  > >
                                  > > --- In CentralTexasGeocach ers@yahoogroups. com
                                  > > <mailto:CentralTexa sGeocachers% 40yahoogroups. com>, "bjdukette"
                                  > > <bjdukette@> wrote:
                                  > > >
                                  > > > I've done a few of the caches at the park, but still need a few
                                  in the
                                  > > > area.
                                  > > >
                                  > > > I'll be there - after my Starbucks run!
                                  > > >
                                  > > > GiGi