Re: Speaking of Adopt-A-Highway

  • A Allen (SEMIK)
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 1, 2007
      In picking a park for annual CITO -- do you mean instead of "Adopt a
      Park" we just do CITO event? Can we just go there and pick up trash
      or are we required to contact either city or county park officials to
      let them know we are looking for a park to CITO?

      --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Perrine, Julie"
      <julie.perrine@...> wrote:

      > I like the adopt a highway thing as a permanent community service,
      and
      > then we can still pick a park for annual CITO.
      >

      > Julie
      >
      > Mrs. Captain Picard
      >
      > ________________________________

      Adopt

    • palbers@austin.rr.com
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 1, 2007
        You are correct. You can hold a CITO event any time you want to.
        You don't need to wait the weekend of April 14, but would be cool
        to have one in our area that weekend too?

        A good link regarding single CITO events and potential ongoing
        ones, can be found here:

        http://www.cacheintrashout.org/howtoorganize.aspx

        -paul
        HiDude_98

      • A Allen (SEMIK)
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 2, 2007
          Well, give me an idea of what everyone wants to do -- since we were
          originally discussing Adopt-A-Highway do we want to make that the
          Austin area official CITO project for April 14th?? And use CITO day
          to kickoff our commitment to keeping our adopted highway clean?

          or

          do we want to do something separate specifically for CITO day?

          I'll volunteer to gather information for a park (city or county) that
          is centrally located --as best as I can. But ONLY if that's what
          everyone wants.

          We really have a great population of geocachers right here in a 20-30
          mile radius of the center of Austin -- there's no reason we can't
          start being more civically minded as a group. It would certainly be
          to our advantage to do so. I love it that we are discussing the
          Adopt-A-Highway and you can be certain I'll be there to fulfill the
          commitment!

          Lemme know what you think!

          --Audra
          semik

          --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, palbers@... wrote:

          > You are correct. You can hold a CITO event any time you want to.
          > You don't need to wait the weekend of April 14, but would be cool
          > to have one in our area that weekend too?
          >
          > A good link regarding single CITO events and potential ongoing
          > ones, can be found here:
          >
          > http://www.cacheintrashout.org/howtoorganize.aspx
          >
          > -paul
          > HiDude_98

        • Jack Glantzberg
          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 2, 2007
            Adopt-a-Highway, Adopt-a-Park, Adopt-a-Highway AND CITO a Park...
            It's all good to me. I'll certainly help out.

            --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "A Allen (SEMIK)"