Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Re: BigGP - Dick Nichols Park Cache Run, 2/3/2007, 10:00 am

  • cybercat
    Message 1 of 18 , Feb 1, 2007
      shoot----I have just about everything around there already except the new S. Austin caches, which I'm scheduled to do next Wed, so I'll be watching the CenTex calendar for the next outing.  Maybe next time ya'll will go to a place where I need caches. Have fun!
      Message 2 of 18 , Feb 2, 2007
        BigGP,

        Is there a list of what caches you are targeting. I have done about 1/2 of the ones in the park proper but there are a few along the perimiter and general area I do not have yet.

        Bob

        <cybercat@.. .> wrote:

        > Can you give me a coordinate or tell me the name of a cache in Dick
        Nichols Park?--That way I can figure out how many I need in there.
        > Thanx

      • Jack Glantzberg
        Message 3 of 18 , Feb 2, 2007
          I'm sure we'll finish with Dick Nochols Park itself pretty quickly.
          Then we might move on to Slaughter Metro Park a few miles away. If
          you want to make sure you have all the caches for the run, Take a
          query of the 100 closest caches to Dick Nichols. Cause they will all
          be potential targets. :)

          --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Bob Chernow
          <bobchernow@...> wrote:

          > BigGP,
          >
          > Is there a list of what caches you are targeting. I have done about 1/2
          > of the ones in the park proper but there are a few along the perimiter
          > and general area I do not have yet.
          >
          > Bob
          >
          > Jack Glantzberg wrote:
          > >
          > > The Parking Lot is N 30° 12.820 W 097° 51.800. One of the nearby
          > > caches is Lean 'n Log GCV8W7.
          > >
          > > --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com
          > > <mailto:CentralTexasGeocachers%40yahoogroups.com>, "cybercat"
          > > <cybercat@> wrote:
          > > >
          > > > Can you give me a coordinate or tell me the name of a cache in Dick
          > > Nichols Park?--That way I can figure out how many I need in there.
          > > > Thanx

        • Bob Chernow
          Message 4 of 18 , Feb 2, 2007
            Are you talking about the Circle C Metro Park?

            <bobchernow@ ...> wrote:

            > BigGP,
            >
            > Is there a list of what caches you are targeting. I have done about 1/2
            > of the ones in the park proper but there are a few along the perimiter
            > and general area I do not have yet.
            >
            > Bob
            >
            > Jack Glantzberg wrote:
            > >
            > > The Parking Lot is N 30° 12.820 W 097° 51.800. One of the nearby
            > > caches is Lean 'n Log GCV8W7.
            > >
            > > --- In CentralTexasGeocach ers@yahoogroups. com
            > > <mailto:CentralTexa sGeocachers% 40yahoogroups. com>, "cybercat"
            > > <cybercat@> wrote:
            > > >
            > > > Can you give me a coordinate or tell me the name of a cache in Dick
            > > Nichols Park?--That way I can figure out how many I need in there.
            > > > Thanx

          • Jack Glantzberg
            Message 5 of 18 , Feb 2, 2007
              Yes, that's it.

              <bobchernow@...> wrote:

              > Are you talking about the Circle C Metro Park?
              >
              > Jack Glantzberg wrote:
              > >
              > > I'm sure we'll finish with Dick Nochols Park itself pretty quickly.
              > > Then we might move on to Slaughter Metro Park a few miles away. If
              > > you want to make sure you have all the caches for the run, Take a
              > > query of the 100 closest caches to Dick Nichols. Cause they will all
              > > be potential targets. :)
              > >
              > > --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com
              > > <mailto:CentralTexasGeocachers%40yahoogroups.com>, Bob Chernow
              > > <bobchernow@> wrote:
              > > >
              > > > BigGP,
              > > >
              > > > Is there a list of what caches you are targeting. I have done
              about 1/2
              > > > of the ones in the park proper but there are a few along the
              perimiter
              > > > and general area I do not have yet.
              > > >
              > > > Bob

              > > <mailto:CentralTexasGeocachers%40yahoogroups.com>

            • d_rubarb
              Message 6 of 18 , Feb 2, 2007
                Come on out Bob let's get them all <G>
                KangaDrew

                Message 7 of 18 , Feb 2, 2007
                  Yes another target rich environment. Going to be a great day of caching!
                  Drew/KangaDrew

                  Yes, that's it.

                  <bobchernow@ ...> wrote:

                  > Are you talking about the Circle C Metro Park?
                  >
                  > Jack Glantzberg wrote:
                  > >
                  > > I'm sure we'll finish with Dick Nochols Park itself pretty quickly.
                  > > Then we might move on to Slaughter Metro Park a few miles away. If
                  > > you want to make sure you have all the caches for the run, Take a
                  > > query of the 100 closest caches to Dick Nichols. Cause they will all
                  > > be potential targets. :)
                  > >
                  > > --- In CentralTexasGeocach ers@yahoogroups. com
                  > > <mailto:CentralTexa sGeocachers% 40yahoogroups. com>, Bob Chernow
                  > > <bobchernow@ > wrote:
                  > > >
                  > > > BigGP,
                  > > >
                  > > > Is there a list of what caches you are targeting. I have done
                  about 1/2
                  > > > of the ones in the park proper but there are a few along the
                  perimiter
                  > > > and general area I do not have yet.
                  > > >
                  > > > Bob

                  > > <mailto:CentralTexa sGeocachers% 40yahoogroups. com>

                  Don't pick lemons.
                  See all the new 2007 cars at Yahoo! Autos.

                • Criselda Miller
                  Message 8 of 18 , Feb 2, 2007
                    I thought We were gonna work on the" What....loves about South Austin:.....there are now over 20

                    d_rubarb <d_rubarb@...> wrote:
                    Yes another target rich environment. Going to be a great day of caching!
                    Drew/KangaDrew

                    Yes, that's it.

                    <bobchernow@ ...> wrote:

                    > Are you talking about the Circle C Metro Park?
                    >
                    > Jack Glantzberg wrote:
                    > >
                    > > I'm sure we'll finish with Dick Nochols Park itself pretty quickly.
                    > > Then we might move on to Slaughter Metro Park a few miles away. If
                    > > you want to make sure you have all the caches for the run, Take a
                    > > query of the 100 closest caches to Dick Nichols. Cause they will all
                    > > be potential targets. :)
                    > >
                    > > --- In CentralTexasGeocach ers@yahoogroups. com
                    > > <mailto:CentralTexa sGeocachers% 40yahoogroups. com>, Bob Chernow
                    > > <bobchernow@ > wrote:
                    > > >
                    > > > BigGP,
                    > > >
                    > > > Is there a list of what caches you are targeting. I have done
                    about 1/2
                    > > > of the ones in the park proper but there are a few along the
                    perimiter
                    > > > and general area I do not have yet.
                    > > >
                    > > > Bob

                    > > <mailto:CentralTexa sGeocachers% 40yahoogroups. com>

                    Try the Yahoo! Mail Beta.

                  • Jack Glantzberg
                    Message 9 of 18 , Feb 2, 2007
                      We could do that, too. I think the main purpose for this weekend is
                      Lignumaqua's Science Series, of which there are a few in the area of
                      Dick Nichols and Circle C. Of course, there are also several WWLASA
                      caches in the same area.

                      --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Criselda Miller
                      <zeldaqueengeo@...> wrote:

                      > I thought We were gonna work on the" What....loves about South
                      Austin:.....there are now over 20

                      > d_rubarb <d_rubarb@...> wrote: Yes another target rich
                      environment. Going to be a great day of caching!
                      > Drew/KangaDrew
                      >
                      > Jack Glantzberg <hglantzberg@...> wrote:
                      > Yes, that's it.
                      >
                      > --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Bob Chernow
                      > <bobchernow@> wrote:
                      > >
                      > > Are you talking about the Circle C Metro Park?
                      > >
                      > > Jack Glantzberg wrote:
                      > > >
                      > > > I'm sure we'll finish with Dick Nochols Park itself pretty quickly.
                      > > > Then we might move on to Slaughter Metro Park a few miles away. If
                      > > > you want to make sure you have all the caches for the run, Take a
                      > > > query of the 100 closest caches to Dick Nichols. Cause they will all
                      > > > be potential targets. :)
                      > > >
                      > > > --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com
                      > > > <mailto:CentralTexasGeocachers%40yahoogroups.com>, Bob Chernow

                      > about 1/2
                      > perimiter

                      > > > <mailto:CentralTexasGeocachers%40yahoogroups.com>

                      > in Dick

                    • bjdukette
                      Message 10 of 18 , Feb 2, 2007
                        I've done a few of the caches at the park, but still need a few in the
                        area.

                        I'll be there - after my Starbucks run!

                        GiGi
                      • Jack Glantzberg
                        Message 11 of 18 , Feb 2, 2007
                          Starbucks run... That's a great idea! Who wants to meet at
                          Starbucks? There's one at William Cannon and Mopac.

                          --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "bjdukette"
                          <bjdukette@...> wrote:

                          > I've done a few of the caches at the park, but still need a few in the
                          > area.
                          >
                          > I'll be there - after my Starbucks run!
                          >
                          > GiGi

                        • Bob Chernow
                          Message 12 of 18 , Feb 2, 2007
                            I think I am coming even tho I got a few done in there already. I may not be there at 10 so do not wait for me but I should have your number Jack so I will call and get current location when I show up. What night cache have you got planned????

                            <bjdukette@. ..> wrote:

                            > I've done a few of the caches at the park, but still need a few in the
                            > area.
                            >
                            > I'll be there - after my Starbucks run!
                            >
                            > GiGi

                          • Jack Glantzberg
                            Message 13 of 18 , Feb 2, 2007
                              Rescue from the Dark Side. I've done it already a couple of weeks
                              ago. This weekend is actually sponsored by QZ and KangaDrew. Look in
                              the post history for "Sat. Caching"

                              <bobchernow@...> wrote:

                              > I think I am coming even tho I got a few done in there already. I may
                              > not be there at 10 so do not wait for me but I should have your number
                              > Jack so I will call and get current location when I show up. What night
                              > cache have you got planned????
                              >
                              > Jack Glantzberg wrote:
                              > >
                              > > Starbucks run... That's a great idea! Who wants to meet at
                              > > Starbucks? There's one at William Cannon and Mopac.
                              > >
                              > > --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com
                              > > <mailto:CentralTexasGeocachers%40yahoogroups.com>, "bjdukette"
                              > > <bjdukette@> wrote:
                              > > >
                              > > > I've done a few of the caches at the park, but still need a few
                              in the
                              > > > area.
                              > > >
                              > > > I'll be there - after my Starbucks run!
                              > > >
                              > > > GiGi

                            • Criselda Miller
                              Message 14 of 18 , Feb 2, 2007
                                Ive done Rescue from The Darkside several times IT IS MY FAVORITE!!!!! and Kangadrew has not done it!!!

                                <bobchernow@ ...> wrote:

                                > I think I am coming even tho I got a few done in there already. I may
                                > not be there at 10 so do not wait for me but I should have your number
                                > Jack so I will call and get current location when I show up. What night
                                > cache have you got planned????
                                >
                                > Jack Glantzberg wrote:
                                > >
                                > > Starbucks run... That's a great idea! Who wants to meet at
                                > > Starbucks? There's one at William Cannon and Mopac.
                                > >
                                > > --- In CentralTexasGeocach ers@yahoogroups. com
                                > > <mailto:CentralTexa sGeocachers% 40yahoogroups. com>, "bjdukette"
                                > > <bjdukette@> wrote:
                                > > >
                                > > > I've done a few of the caches at the park, but still need a few
                                in the
                                > > > area.
                                > > >
                                > > > I'll be there - after my Starbucks run!
                                > > >
                                > > > GiGi

                              • d_rubarb
                                Message 15 of 18 , Feb 2, 2007
                                  A good start to the weekend. Just grabbed FTF on a cache close to my house maybe 20 minutes from being published to getting home and logging it. I'm taking that as a good omen for tomorrows cache run in Dick Nichols. Saw your post Jack about Starbucks we'll probably stop there on our way to the park too.
                                  KangaDrew

                                  <bobchernow@ ...> wrote:

                                  > I think I am coming even tho I got a few done in there already. I may
                                  > not be there at 10 so do not wait for me but I should have your number
                                  > Jack so I will call and get current location when I show up. What night
                                  > cache have you got planned????
                                  >
                                  > Jack Glantzberg wrote:
                                  > >
                                  > > Starbucks run... That's a great idea! Who wants to meet at
                                  > > Starbucks? There's one at William Cannon and Mopac.
                                  > >
                                  > > --- In CentralTexasGeocach ers@yahoogroups. com
                                  > > <mailto:CentralTexa sGeocachers% 40yahoogroups. com>, "bjdukette"
                                  > > <bjdukette@> wrote:
                                  > > >
                                  > > > I've done a few of the caches at the park, but still need a few
                                  in the
                                  > > > area.
                                  > > >
                                  > > > I'll be there - after my Starbucks run!
                                  > > >
                                  > > > GiGi

                                  Try the free Yahoo! Mail Beta.

                                • Criselda Miller
                                  Message 16 of 18 , Feb 3, 2007
                                    WooHoo, BABY!!!! Its gonna be a GREAT day!! See You'll later after Parade just loaded My GPS,PDA and Gas Tank.

                                    <bobchernow@ ...> wrote:

                                    > I think I am coming even tho I got a few done in there already. I may
                                    > not be there at 10 so do not wait for me but I should have your number
                                    > Jack so I will call and get current location when I show up. What night
                                    > cache have you got planned????
                                    >
                                    > Jack Glantzberg wrote:
                                    > >
                                    > > Starbucks run... That's a great idea! Who wants to meet at
                                    > > Starbucks? There's one at William Cannon and Mopac.
                                    > >
                                    > > --- In CentralTexasGeocach ers@yahoogroups. com
                                    > > <mailto:CentralTexa sGeocachers% 40yahoogroups. com>, "bjdukette"
                                    > > <bjdukette@> wrote:
                                    > > >
                                    > > > I've done a few of the caches at the park, but still need a few
                                    in the
                                    > > > area.
                                    > > >
                                    > > > I'll be there - after my Starbucks run!
                                    > > >
                                    > > > GiGi