Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] BigGP - Dick Nichols Park Cache Run, 2/3/2007, 10:00 am

  • cybercat
    Message 1 of 18 , Feb 1, 2007
      Can you give me a coordinate or tell me the name of a cache in Dick Nichols Park?--That way I can figure out how many I need in there.
      Thanx
      Date: Saturday February 3, 2007
      Time: 10:00 am - 3:00 pm
      Next reminder: The next reminder for this event will be sent in 23 hours, 59 minutes.
      Location: Dick Nichols Park
      Notes: Meet at the parking area for Dick Nichols Park. Possible dinner later followed by night caching.

      Jack
      BigGP

    • Jack Glantzberg
      Message 2 of 18 , Feb 1, 2007
        The Parking Lot is N 30° 12.820 W 097° 51.800. One of the nearby
        caches is Lean 'n Log GCV8W7.

        --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "cybercat"
        <cybercat@...> wrote:

        > Can you give me a coordinate or tell me the name of a cache in Dick
        Nichols Park?--That way I can figure out how many I need in there.
        > Thanx
        Run, 2/3/2007, 10:00 am

        > Reminder from: CentralTexasGeocachers Yahoo! Group
        >
        > Title: BigGP - Dick Nichols Park Cache Run
        >
        > Date: Saturday February 3, 2007
        > Time: 10:00 am - 3:00 pm
        > Next reminder: The next reminder for this event will be
        sent in 23 hours, 59 minutes.
        > Location: Dick Nichols Park
        > Notes: Meet at the parking area for Dick Nichols Park.
        Possible dinner later followed by night caching.

        > Jack
        > BigGP

        > Edit reminder options
        > Copyright � 2007 Yahoo! Inc. All Rights Reserved | Terms of
        Service | Privacy Policy

      • cybercat
        Message 3 of 18 , Feb 1, 2007
          shoot----I have just about everything around there already except the new S. Austin caches, which I'm scheduled to do next Wed, so I'll be watching the CenTex calendar for the next outing.  Maybe next time ya'll will go to a place where I need caches. Have fun!

          <cybercat@.. .> wrote:

          > Can you give me a coordinate or tell me the name of a cache in Dick
          Nichols Park?--That way I can figure out how many I need in there.
          > Thanx

        • Bob Chernow
          Message 4 of 18 , Feb 2, 2007
            BigGP,

            Is there a list of what caches you are targeting. I have done about 1/2 of the ones in the park proper but there are a few along the perimiter and general area I do not have yet.

            Bob

            Message 5 of 18 , Feb 2, 2007
              I'm sure we'll finish with Dick Nochols Park itself pretty quickly.
              Then we might move on to Slaughter Metro Park a few miles away. If
              you want to make sure you have all the caches for the run, Take a
              query of the 100 closest caches to Dick Nichols. Cause they will all
              be potential targets. :)

              --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Bob Chernow
              <bobchernow@...> wrote:

              > BigGP,
              >
              > Is there a list of what caches you are targeting. I have done about 1/2
              > of the ones in the park proper but there are a few along the perimiter
              > and general area I do not have yet.
              >
              > Bob
              >
              > Jack Glantzberg wrote:
              > >
              > > The Parking Lot is N 30° 12.820 W 097° 51.800. One of the nearby
              > > caches is Lean 'n Log GCV8W7.
              > >
              > > --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com
              > > <mailto:CentralTexasGeocachers%40yahoogroups.com>, "cybercat"
              > > <cybercat@> wrote:
              > > >
              > > > Can you give me a coordinate or tell me the name of a cache in Dick
              > > Nichols Park?--That way I can figure out how many I need in there.
              > > > Thanx

            • Bob Chernow
              Message 6 of 18 , Feb 2, 2007
                Are you talking about the Circle C Metro Park?

                <bobchernow@ ...> wrote:

                > BigGP,
                >
                > Is there a list of what caches you are targeting. I have done about 1/2
                > of the ones in the park proper but there are a few along the perimiter
                > and general area I do not have yet.
                >
                > Bob
                >
                > Jack Glantzberg wrote:
                > >
                > > The Parking Lot is N 30° 12.820 W 097° 51.800. One of the nearby
                > > caches is Lean 'n Log GCV8W7.
                > >
                > > --- In CentralTexasGeocach ers@yahoogroups. com
                > > <mailto:CentralTexa sGeocachers% 40yahoogroups. com>, "cybercat"
                > > <cybercat@> wrote:
                > > >
                > > > Can you give me a coordinate or tell me the name of a cache in Dick
                > > Nichols Park?--That way I can figure out how many I need in there.
                > > > Thanx

              • Jack Glantzberg
                Message 7 of 18 , Feb 2, 2007
                  Yes, that's it.

                  <bobchernow@...> wrote:

                  > Are you talking about the Circle C Metro Park?
                  >
                  > Jack Glantzberg wrote:
                  > >
                  > > I'm sure we'll finish with Dick Nochols Park itself pretty quickly.
                  > > Then we might move on to Slaughter Metro Park a few miles away. If
                  > > you want to make sure you have all the caches for the run, Take a
                  > > query of the 100 closest caches to Dick Nichols. Cause they will all
                  > > be potential targets. :)
                  > >
                  > > --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com
                  > > <mailto:CentralTexasGeocachers%40yahoogroups.com>, Bob Chernow
                  > > <bobchernow@> wrote:
                  > > >
                  > > > BigGP,
                  > > >
                  > > > Is there a list of what caches you are targeting. I have done
                  about 1/2
                  > > > of the ones in the park proper but there are a few along the
                  perimiter
                  > > > and general area I do not have yet.
                  > > >
                  > > > Bob

                  > > <mailto:CentralTexasGeocachers%40yahoogroups.com>

                • d_rubarb
                  Message 8 of 18 , Feb 2, 2007
                    Come on out Bob let's get them all <G>
                    KangaDrew

                    Message 9 of 18 , Feb 2, 2007
                      Yes another target rich environment. Going to be a great day of caching!
                      Drew/KangaDrew

                      Yes, that's it.

                      <bobchernow@ ...> wrote:

                      > Are you talking about the Circle C Metro Park?
                      >
                      > Jack Glantzberg wrote:
                      > >
                      > > I'm sure we'll finish with Dick Nochols Park itself pretty quickly.
                      > > Then we might move on to Slaughter Metro Park a few miles away. If
                      > > you want to make sure you have all the caches for the run, Take a
                      > > query of the 100 closest caches to Dick Nichols. Cause they will all
                      > > be potential targets. :)
                      > >
                      > > --- In CentralTexasGeocach ers@yahoogroups. com
                      > > <mailto:CentralTexa sGeocachers% 40yahoogroups. com>, Bob Chernow
                      > > <bobchernow@ > wrote:
                      > > >
                      > > > BigGP,
                      > > >
                      > > > Is there a list of what caches you are targeting. I have done
                      about 1/2
                      > > > of the ones in the park proper but there are a few along the
                      perimiter
                      > > > and general area I do not have yet.
                      > > >
                      > > > Bob

                      > > <mailto:CentralTexa sGeocachers% 40yahoogroups. com>

                      Don't pick lemons.
                      See all the new 2007 cars at Yahoo! Autos.

                    • Criselda Miller
                      Message 10 of 18 , Feb 2, 2007
                        I thought We were gonna work on the" What....loves about South Austin:.....there are now over 20

                        d_rubarb <d_rubarb@...> wrote:
                        Yes another target rich environment. Going to be a great day of caching!
                        Drew/KangaDrew

                        Yes, that's it.

                        <bobchernow@ ...> wrote:

                        > Are you talking about the Circle C Metro Park?
                        >
                        > Jack Glantzberg wrote:
                        > >
                        > > I'm sure we'll finish with Dick Nochols Park itself pretty quickly.
                        > > Then we might move on to Slaughter Metro Park a few miles away. If
                        > > you want to make sure you have all the caches for the run, Take a
                        > > query of the 100 closest caches to Dick Nichols. Cause they will all
                        > > be potential targets. :)
                        > >
                        > > --- In CentralTexasGeocach ers@yahoogroups. com
                        > > <mailto:CentralTexa sGeocachers% 40yahoogroups. com>, Bob Chernow
                        > > <bobchernow@ > wrote:
                        > > >
                        > > > BigGP,
                        > > >
                        > > > Is there a list of what caches you are targeting. I have done
                        about 1/2
                        > > > of the ones in the park proper but there are a few along the
                        perimiter
                        > > > and general area I do not have yet.
                        > > >
                        > > > Bob

                        > > <mailto:CentralTexa sGeocachers% 40yahoogroups. com>

                        Try the Yahoo! Mail Beta.

                      • Jack Glantzberg
                        Message 11 of 18 , Feb 2, 2007
                          We could do that, too. I think the main purpose for this weekend is
                          Lignumaqua's Science Series, of which there are a few in the area of
                          Dick Nichols and Circle C. Of course, there are also several WWLASA
                          caches in the same area.

                          --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Criselda Miller
                          <zeldaqueengeo@...> wrote:

                          > I thought We were gonna work on the" What....loves about South
                          Austin:.....there are now over 20

                          > d_rubarb <d_rubarb@...> wrote: Yes another target rich
                          environment. Going to be a great day of caching!
                          > Drew/KangaDrew
                          >
                          > Jack Glantzberg <hglantzberg@...> wrote:
                          > Yes, that's it.
                          >
                          > --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Bob Chernow
                          > <bobchernow@> wrote:
                          > >
                          > > Are you talking about the Circle C Metro Park?
                          > >
                          > > Jack Glantzberg wrote:
                          > > >
                          > > > I'm sure we'll finish with Dick Nochols Park itself pretty quickly.
                          > > > Then we might move on to Slaughter Metro Park a few miles away. If
                          > > > you want to make sure you have all the caches for the run, Take a
                          > > > query of the 100 closest caches to Dick Nichols. Cause they will all
                          > > > be potential targets. :)
                          > > >
                          > > > --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com
                          > > > <mailto:CentralTexasGeocachers%40yahoogroups.com>, Bob Chernow

                          > about 1/2
                          > perimiter

                          > > > <mailto:CentralTexasGeocachers%40yahoogroups.com>

                          > in Dick

                        • bjdukette
                          Message 12 of 18 , Feb 2, 2007
                            I've done a few of the caches at the park, but still need a few in the
                            area.

                            I'll be there - after my Starbucks run!

                            GiGi
                          • Jack Glantzberg
                            Message 13 of 18 , Feb 2, 2007
                              Starbucks run... That's a great idea! Who wants to meet at
                              Starbucks? There's one at William Cannon and Mopac.

                              --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "bjdukette"
                              <bjdukette@...> wrote:

                              > I've done a few of the caches at the park, but still need a few in the
                              > area.
                              >
                              > I'll be there - after my Starbucks run!
                              >
                              > GiGi

                            • Bob Chernow
                              Message 14 of 18 , Feb 2, 2007
                                I think I am coming even tho I got a few done in there already. I may not be there at 10 so do not wait for me but I should have your number Jack so I will call and get current location when I show up. What night cache have you got planned????

                                <bjdukette@. ..> wrote:

                                > I've done a few of the caches at the park, but still need a few in the
                                > area.
                                >
                                > I'll be there - after my Starbucks run!
                                >
                                > GiGi

                              • Jack Glantzberg
                                Message 15 of 18 , Feb 2, 2007
                                  Rescue from the Dark Side. I've done it already a couple of weeks
                                  ago. This weekend is actually sponsored by QZ and KangaDrew. Look in
                                  the post history for "Sat. Caching"

                                  <bobchernow@...> wrote:

                                  > I think I am coming even tho I got a few done in there already. I may
                                  > not be there at 10 so do not wait for me but I should have your number
                                  > Jack so I will call and get current location when I show up. What night
                                  > cache have you got planned????
                                  >
                                  > Jack Glantzberg wrote:
                                  > >
                                  > > Starbucks run... That's a great idea! Who wants to meet at
                                  > > Starbucks? There's one at William Cannon and Mopac.
                                  > >
                                  > > --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com
                                  > > <mailto:CentralTexasGeocachers%40yahoogroups.com>, "bjdukette"
                                  > > <bjdukette@> wrote:
                                  > > >
                                  > > > I've done a few of the caches at the park, but still need a few
                                  in the
                                  > > > area.
                                  > > >
                                  > > > I'll be there - after my Starbucks run!
                                  > > >
                                  > > > GiGi

                                • Criselda Miller
                                  Message 16 of 18 , Feb 2, 2007
                                    Ive done Rescue from The Darkside several times IT IS MY FAVORITE!!!!! and Kangadrew has not done it!!!

                                    <bobchernow@ ...> wrote:

                                    > I think I am coming even tho I got a few done in there already. I may
                                    > not be there at 10 so do not wait for me but I should have your number
                                    > Jack so I will call and get current location when I show up. What night
                                    > cache have you got planned????
                                    >
                                    > Jack Glantzberg wrote:
                                    > >
                                    > > Starbucks run... That's a great idea! Who wants to meet at
                                    > > Starbucks? There's one at William Cannon and Mopac.
                                    > >
                                    > > --- In CentralTexasGeocach ers@yahoogroups. com
                                    > > <mailto:CentralTexa sGeocachers% 40yahoogroups. com>, "bjdukette"
                                    > > <bjdukette@> wrote:
                                    > > >
                                    > > > I've done a few of the caches at the park, but still need a few
                                    in the
                                    > > > area.
                                    > > >
                                    > > > I'll be there - after my Starbucks run!
                                    > > >
                                    > > > GiGi

                                  • d_rubarb
                                    Message 17 of 18 , Feb 2, 2007
                                      A good start to the weekend. Just grabbed FTF on a cache close to my house maybe 20 minutes from being published to getting home and logging it. I'm taking that as a good omen for tomorrows cache run in Dick Nichols. Saw your post Jack about Starbucks we'll probably stop there on our way to the park too.
                                      KangaDrew

                                      <bobchernow@ ...> wrote:

                                      > I think I am coming even tho I got a few done in there already. I may
                                      > not be there at 10 so do not wait for me but I should have your number
                                      > Jack so I will call and get current location when I show up. What night
                                      > cache have you got planned????
                                      >
                                      > Jack Glantzberg wrote:
                                      > >
                                      > > Starbucks run... That's a great idea! Who wants to meet at
                                      > > Starbucks? There's one at William Cannon and Mopac.
                                      > >
                                      > > --- In CentralTexasGeocach ers@yahoogroups. com
                                      > > <mailto:CentralTexa sGeocachers% 40yahoogroups. com>, "bjdukette"
                                      > > <bjdukette@> wrote:
                                      > > >
                                      > > > I've done a few of the caches at the park, but still need a few
                                      in the
                                      > > > area.
                                      > > >
                                      > > > I'll be there - after my Starbucks run!
                                      > > >
                                      > > > GiGi

                                      Try the free Yahoo! Mail Beta.

                                    • Criselda Miller
                                      Message 18 of 18 , Feb 3, 2007
                                        WooHoo, BABY!!!! Its gonna be a GREAT day!! See You'll later after Parade just loaded My GPS,PDA and Gas Tank.

                                        <bobchernow@ ...> wrote:

                                        > I think I am coming even tho I got a few done in there already. I may
                                        > not be there at 10 so do not wait for me but I should have your number
                                        > Jack so I will call and get current location when I show up. What night
                                        > cache have you got planned????
                                        >
                                        > Jack Glantzberg wrote:
                                        > >
                                        > > Starbucks run... That's a great idea! Who wants to meet at
                                        > > Starbucks? There's one at William Cannon and Mopac.
                                        > >
                                        > > --- In CentralTexasGeocach ers@yahoogroups. com
                                        > > <mailto:CentralTexa sGeocachers% 40yahoogroups. com>, "bjdukette"
                                        > > <bjdukette@> wrote:
                                        > > >
                                        > > > I've done a few of the caches at the park, but still need a few
                                        in the
                                        > > > area.
                                        > > >
                                        > > > I'll be there - after my Starbucks run!
                                        > > >
                                        > > > GiGi