Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Re: Uh oh. Here I go thinkin' again.
- Well, at least this way we know the cleanup crew won't muggle any roadside caches! <G>Russ the waterweasel
From: Candy Lind
Sent: Jan 31, 2007 10:53 AM
Subject: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Re: Uh oh. Here I go thinkin' again.
Here's the scoop from the Adopt-A-Highway website:
* You adopt a two-mile stretch of highway for a minimum of two years.
* You agree to clean it four times per year (more in some areas
due to traffic count).
* We put it in writing and feature your group's name on an
Adopt-a-Highway sign marking your adopted section.
* Adopt-a-Highway will provide your volunteers with appropriate
permits, safety vests, litterbags, and safety training.
* You bask in the glory of claiming a piece of Texas pride.
Contact your local coordinator today for an application.
I'm cool with that. I'll check on what's available in or near Travis
County and then we can discuss whether to commit.
--- In CentralTexasGeocach ers@yahoogroups. com, "semperquestio"
> Now, I've done absolutely no research into this. But I just had a
> thought cross my mind. I know. That could be a dangerous thing.
> What would be others' thoughts on CTGA participating in the
> Adopt-A-Highway program? Anyone have any experience with this?