Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] HP iPAQ Pocket PC/Phone

  • Jon Embry
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 30, 2007
      See if you can use Geocache Navigator on it.

      On 1/29/07, Cindy <cindyfrag@...> wrote:

      As several of you know, my Garmin iQue was stolen two days before Christmas.

      Well today, one of my co-workers came in and GAVE me his old HP iPAQ Pocket PC/Phone.  Coincidently it uses T-Mobile as the service provider, which is what I have.  It also included a bluetooth GPS and PocketMap Navigator software.  Now I feel like I just won the lottery!  Except I'm not sure if this does what I want.  I'm fixin' to spend the next couple hours trying to figure it out, but if there is anyone out there already familiar with this unit, it may save me alot of time.

      I don't really need the phone function, although I may be interested in using the wi-fi for internet.  The two most important things to me at this time is to be able to use it for navigation to caches and to be able to use Cachemate.

      Is there anyone out there familiar with this?

      Thanks in advance!

      Cindy
      aka CindyFrag