Illegal caches in McKinney Falls State Park?

  • emmy_n_sapphie
    Message 1 of 34 , Jan 23, 2007
      I wanted to place a cache in McKinney Falls State Park as part of
      the "What ... Loves about South Austin" challenge. But I talked to the
      park manager who said he wasn't allowing anymore new caches in the park
      because "they were maxed out". I very politely pointed out that there
      are only 3 geocaches in the park, but he shot back "there are LOTS of
      illegal caches and until we hunt them all down & get rid of them, I am
      not allowing any new caches". I don't even know what that means -
      aren't caches either published or not publishd on GC or Terraserver? Is
      there some website where "illegal" caches are listed on the sly? Or do
      people just email each other with coords of "illegal" caches? Or is he
      just a.... What gives?

      Mary Beth
      (emmy-n-sapphie)
    • Kevin (KoosKoos)
      Message 34 of 34 , Feb 2 8:16 PM
        Actually, the trail breaks into Springfield park from MF and you can get those 2 just outside the state park while you're hiking around.

        Kevin
        KoosKoos

        On 2/2/07, Mary Beth Booth <mbb2001@...> wrote:

        What are the 11? I only see 3 - TPW, Shameless Dedication to Baby Sisters, and Bookmark Cache. Just Cause & Woodn't U look here are accessed from William Cannon. I don't think you can get to them from MFSP.
        MB
        (emmy-n-sapphie)