Geogodparents?

  • eoghan01
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 3, 2002
      Hi,
      Looks like perfect caching weather is here!
      Hope everyone's having great caching adventures.

      One quick question to ask....
      I've already archived my local caches but if at all possible, I'd
      prefer to unarchive them and leave them in place, having them looked
      after by some kind, attentive local geocachers. All that would be
      required is to put them on your watch list and do maintenance on them
      if they end up vandalized or full of water, or if the logbooks fill
      up or the baggies fall apart. The caches are:

      id=12253 PP01 One Year
      ID=1786 Barton Creek Waterfalls
      ID=3712 Koi Cache
      ID=3848 Change Exchange Cash Cache
      ID=8177 Once upon a cache...

      Pumpkin Princess will probably also need someone to look after:

      ID=1635 Lost Pines Challenge (in Bastrop SP)
      ID=12314 The Captain's Treasure
      ID=1317 Demise of a Dot Com

      Would anyone like to volunteer for extra duty?
      Maybe we could reimburse you with travel bugs or something.

      -Eoghan
    • tlane3of6
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 3, 2002
        I don't know about godparenting, but we'll help geosit. We added all
        of these to our watch list and found all of them already
        had 'watchers'. Did you realize that Demise' now has 10 people
        watching it?

        I can't promise we'll always be able to take care of things right
        away, so if anyone else wants to help, please do. Lets agree to post
        a note if we plan to visit one of the caches for maintainence. That
        way, we won't duplicate our efforts.

        Glad that you decided to put these back in action.

        Tom
      • Hunter Arend
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 5, 2002
          Eoghan01,
          I have not found any of those yet but would be happy to cache sit for you
          after I do. Just let me know, I live out by Applied Materials.

          Later,
          "TikimanHSA" AKA Hunter Arend
          > Looks like perfect caching weather is here!
          > Hope everyone's having great caching adventures.
          >
          > One quick question to ask....
          > I've already archived my local caches but if at all possible, I'd
          > prefer to unarchive them and leave them in place, having them looked
          > after by some kind, attentive local geocachers. All that would be
          > required is to put them on your watch list and do maintenance on them
          > if they end up vandalized or full of water, or if the logbooks fill
          > up or the baggies fall apart. The caches are:
          >
          > id=12253 PP01 One Year
          > ID=1786 Barton Creek Waterfalls
          > ID=3712 Koi Cache
          > ID=3848 Change Exchange Cash Cache
          > ID=8177 Once upon a cache...
          >
          > Pumpkin Princess will probably also need someone to look after:
          >
          > ID=1635 Lost Pines Challenge (in Bastrop SP)
          > ID=12314 The Captain's Treasure
          > ID=1317 Demise of a Dot Com
          >
          > Would anyone like to volunteer for extra duty?
          > Maybe we could reimburse you with travel bugs or something.
          >
          > -Eoghan

        • candy8966
          Message 4 of 4 , May 4, 2002
            --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@y..., "eoghan01" <eoghan@s...> wrote:
            > One quick question to ask....
            > I've already archived my local caches but if at all possible, I'd
            > prefer to unarchive them and leave them in place... The caches are:
            >
            > id=12253 PP01 One Year
            > ID=1786 Barton Creek Waterfalls
            > ID=3712 Koi Cache
            > ID=3848 Change Exchange Cash Cache
            > ID=8177 Once upon a cache...
            >
            > Pumpkin Princess will probably also need someone to look after:
            >
            > ID=1635 Lost Pines Challenge (in Bastrop SP)
            > ID=12314 The Captain's Treasure
            > ID=1317 Demise of a Dot Com

            I would certainly be willing to help but couldn't do them all. If
            some of you others would like to help, let me know, and maybe I can
            keep a list of who would like to do which cache(s) so we get them all
            covered. I'm sure I could handle 8177 and 1317, and Wayne (ydx3075)
            might want to do a couple. Anyone else? Let me know.(and PP and E, of
            course!)
            Candy ... Moosiegirl