MUGA Meeting

  • grrlfrog71
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 3 2:46 PM
      Any thoughts on the second meeting (9/8/03) of the Monday Unemployed
      Geocacher's Assn (MUGA)? Maybe the Pflugerville caches we didn't do
      last week?

      Grrlfrog
    • Perrine Julie-ra5686
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 3 2:54 PM
        You should change your name from Association to Society so you can be the MUGS!

        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 3 4:38 PM
          See my posting on TXGA for our next cache:
          http://www.texasgeocaching.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=627
          I'm driving the leadership role in this organization but I value your
          inputs as team members.
          -mark
          aka "lowracer"

          On Wednesday, September 3, 2003, at 04:46 PM, grrlfrog71 wrote:

          > Any thoughts on the second meeting (9/8/03) of the Monday Unemployed
          > Geocacher's Assn (MUGA)? Maybe the Pflugerville caches we didn't do
          > last week?
        • Mark Gessner
          Message 4 of 8 , Sep 3 4:40 PM
            I like it. But it would be MMUGS. Consider it done. I've appointed
            myself Grand Poohbah of the society so I can make snap decisions on
            renaming it.
            -mark
            aka "grand poohbah"

            On Wednesday, September 3, 2003, at 04:54 PM, Perrine Julie-ra5686
            wrote:

            > You should change your name from Association to Society so you can be
            > the MUGS!
          • grrlfrog71
            Message 5 of 8 , Sep 3 9:41 PM
              Now just a minute.

              Whose idea was it to meet on Monday in the first place? Big Mo.
              Whose idea was it to give the group an acronym? Me.
              Whose idea was it to appoint you 'grand poopah'? Huh? Well? I
              wouldn't necessarily call that nomination 'TEAMWERK'

              Amazing. Chris Galvin would be proud at what you've learned.

              PS: We should rename it to Simply Laidbacked Unemployed Geocachers
              Society - SLUGS.

              --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Mark Gessner
              <mgessner@a...> wrote:
              > I like it. But it would be MMUGS. Consider it done. I've
              appointed
              > myself Grand Poohbah of the society so I can make snap decisions on
              > renaming it.
              > -mark
              > aka "grand poohbah"
            • Mark Gessner
              Message 6 of 8 , Sep 4 9:06 AM
                OK you folks came up with the ideas, so now all you needed was some
                serious leadership. Now that I've taken on that role, the society is
                complete! :-)

                And that's pooBah, not pooPah! :-)

              • Megindler@aol.com
                Message 7 of 8 , Sep 4 4:49 PM
                  I love the SLUGS name, but the reason I haven't responded sooner is that I have been in Dallas orienting for my new job.  I am employed again.  A month wasn't enough!  I still might be able to make some Monday mornings, just not the next few.

                  Mo
                • Essiar
                  Message 8 of 8 , Oct 1, 2003
                    Nov 9th is the only day I can't make it. It's Sarah's (Lil Es)
                    birthday and believe it or not, she wants to have a geocaching
                    birthday party with her friends! I'm going to hide party favors
                    throughout the local park, hand Lil Es my GPS and let them loose.
                    Should be fun to watch :-).
                    Any other day works fine for me.

                    --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "grrlfrog71"