Re: Advice on Making Rubber Stamps

  • Lou Catozzi
    Message 1 of 12 , Sep 2, 2003
      You are going to keep it right! All you have to do is stamp it on the
      back side of the log page!

      Lou

      --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Mark Gessner
      <mgessner@a...> wrote:
      > Some key advice, after spending an hour meticulously carving a detailed
      > and intricate design into a Staedtler/Mars drafting eraser, using a
      > jeweler's loupe and a surgical-quality razor knife:
      >
      > Before cutting, draw the pattern on the eraser BACKWARDS!
      >
      > I now have a nice custom "lowracer" logbook stamp but it prints a
      > backward image and text.
      >
      > -mark
      > aka "RECARWOL"
    • L. Kevin D.
      Message 2 of 12 , Sep 2, 2003
        Well, I guess if Mark and Jeff can tell amusing ant stories; so can I.
        Last Fri., I had just found the newly replaced "Swamp Romp" (GCGNDG).
        Being
        lazy and having learned to take advantage of available objects, I sat
        down on a willow log to log my find. (It turned out to be rotten.)
        At first, it started to collapse, so I scooted back a bit. As I was
        opening the cache container, I happened to notice dozens of ants
        crawling around on my shorts. I didn't think they were biting because
        I felt no pain or discomfort. The next day, however, I noticed about
        20 bites on each leg, and 5 or 6 around my waist. Does anybody know
        if fireants live in rotten logs?

        --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Grajek" <jgrajek@a...>
        wrote:
        > Thats okay Mark. I was a land surveyor when I was young and worked
        out in
        > the woods a lot. This was about the time Fire Ants made it to
        Texas, I
        > remember when there were no fire ants in Austin. I started out as a
        rodman.
        > I was giving the eye-man a benchmark reading off an Oak tree when my
        legs
        > felt like they were on fire. The next thing I know the crew is
        doubled over
        > laughing and crying and I am standing buck naked trying to get the
        bastards
        > out of the most sensitive of areas. Man that sucked.

        Stamps

        > > OK here come the Aggie jokes!
        > >
        > > Kevin is referring to the first time I learned about fire ants.
        The
        > > year was 1983, I was fresh off the boat, a compleat newbie to
        Texas.
        > > Before arriving here, I had worked a summer on the golf course in
        Idaho
        > > as a night shift irrigation worker. One of my duties besides
        watering
        > > all the grass was killing off any rodents that were eating up the
        golf
        > > course. In Idaho, mice would dig holes and leave little mounds of
        dirt
        > > around the hole, that's how you knew where to put the poison.
        > >
        > > So I get to Texas A&M, am required by state law to take a couple
        of
        > > mandatory physical education courses, so I take golf. We're out
        on the
        > > driving range one morning, and I see this mouse hole, with a huge
        > > telltale mound of dirt. So thinking nothing of it, I idly "tee
        up" the
        > > mound of dirt, giving it a huge thwhack with my pitching wedge,
        and
        > > sending dirt flying everywhere.
        > >
        > > I wondered why my fellow golf-students were jumping around and
        swatting
        > > like they were on fire, all the while calling me a "Dumb Aggie,"
        and
        > > other less printable names. Yep, you guessed it, this was no
        mouse
        > > hole, it was a fire ant mound, and I had sprayed ants and dirt all
        over
        > > my fellow Ags.
        > >
        > > And thus an Idaho waterman learns about Texas fire ants.
        > >
        > > -mark
        > > aka "lowracer"
        > >
        > > On Tuesday, September 2, 2003, at 04:03 PM, L. Kevin D. wrote:
        > >

        > > > "I now have a nice custom "lowracer" logbook stamp but it prints

        > > > Hey Mark,
        > > > Is that anything like hitting a fireant nest with a golf
        club? :)

        > > > Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for Your HP, Epson, Canon or
        Lexmark