Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Re: Advice on Making Rubber Stamps

  • Cindy
    Message 1 of 12 , Sep 2, 2003
      now I did it, ... I left out "in high regard" so now all of you are wondering what the heck...lol

      Do you Yahoo!?
    • Grajek
      Message 2 of 12 , Sep 2, 2003
        Thats okay Mark. I was a land surveyor when I was young and worked out in
        the woods a lot. This was about the time Fire Ants made it to Texas, I
        remember when there were no fire ants in Austin. I started out as a rodman.
        I was giving the eye-man a benchmark reading off an Oak tree when my legs
        felt like they were on fire. The next thing I know the crew is doubled over
        laughing and crying and I am standing buck naked trying to get the bastards
        out of the most sensitive of areas. Man that sucked.

        Message 3 of 12 , Sep 2, 2003
          You are going to keep it right! All you have to do is stamp it on the
          back side of the log page!

          Lou

          --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Mark Gessner
          <mgessner@a...> wrote:
          > Some key advice, after spending an hour meticulously carving a detailed
          > and intricate design into a Staedtler/Mars drafting eraser, using a
          > jeweler's loupe and a surgical-quality razor knife:
          >
          > Before cutting, draw the pattern on the eraser BACKWARDS!
          >
          > I now have a nice custom "lowracer" logbook stamp but it prints a
          > backward image and text.
          >
          > -mark
          > aka "RECARWOL"
        • L. Kevin D.
          Message 4 of 12 , Sep 2, 2003
            Well, I guess if Mark and Jeff can tell amusing ant stories; so can I.
            Last Fri., I had just found the newly replaced "Swamp Romp" (GCGNDG).
            Being
            lazy and having learned to take advantage of available objects, I sat
            down on a willow log to log my find. (It turned out to be rotten.)
            At first, it started to collapse, so I scooted back a bit. As I was
            opening the cache container, I happened to notice dozens of ants
            crawling around on my shorts. I didn't think they were biting because
            I felt no pain or discomfort. The next day, however, I noticed about
            20 bites on each leg, and 5 or 6 around my waist. Does anybody know
            if fireants live in rotten logs?

            --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Grajek" <jgrajek@a...>
            wrote:
            > Thats okay Mark. I was a land surveyor when I was young and worked
            out in
            > the woods a lot. This was about the time Fire Ants made it to
            Texas, I
            > remember when there were no fire ants in Austin. I started out as a
            rodman.
            > I was giving the eye-man a benchmark reading off an Oak tree when my
            legs
            > felt like they were on fire. The next thing I know the crew is
            doubled over
            > laughing and crying and I am standing buck naked trying to get the
            bastards
            > out of the most sensitive of areas. Man that sucked.

            Stamps

            > > OK here come the Aggie jokes!
            > >
            > > Kevin is referring to the first time I learned about fire ants.
            The
            > > year was 1983, I was fresh off the boat, a compleat newbie to
            Texas.
            > > Before arriving here, I had worked a summer on the golf course in
            Idaho
            > > as a night shift irrigation worker. One of my duties besides
            watering
            > > all the grass was killing off any rodents that were eating up the
            golf
            > > course. In Idaho, mice would dig holes and leave little mounds of
            dirt
            > > around the hole, that's how you knew where to put the poison.
            > >
            > > So I get to Texas A&M, am required by state law to take a couple
            of
            > > mandatory physical education courses, so I take golf. We're out
            on the
            > > driving range one morning, and I see this mouse hole, with a huge
            > > telltale mound of dirt. So thinking nothing of it, I idly "tee
            up" the
            > > mound of dirt, giving it a huge thwhack with my pitching wedge,
            and
            > > sending dirt flying everywhere.
            > >
            > > I wondered why my fellow golf-students were jumping around and
            swatting
            > > like they were on fire, all the while calling me a "Dumb Aggie,"
            and
            > > other less printable names. Yep, you guessed it, this was no
            mouse
            > > hole, it was a fire ant mound, and I had sprayed ants and dirt all
            over
            > > my fellow Ags.
            > >
            > > And thus an Idaho waterman learns about Texas fire ants.
            > >
            > > -mark
            > > aka "lowracer"
            > >
            > > On Tuesday, September 2, 2003, at 04:03 PM, L. Kevin D. wrote:
            > >

            > > > "I now have a nice custom "lowracer" logbook stamp but it prints

            > > > Hey Mark,
            > > > Is that anything like hitting a fireant nest with a golf
            club? :)

            > > > Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for Your HP, Epson, Canon or
            Lexmark