New Geocache at Lake Georgetown

  • Lou Catozzi
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 2, 2003
      I posted this one last night and it is approved already! It is called
      "I Can See For Miles and Miles" and is the companion cache to "For
      Miles and Miles" nearby. It is on the north shore of Lake Georgetown
      and you can see "For Miles and Miles" cache container from this
      location if you have binoculars and know where to look.
      You can reach all three western Lake Georgetown geocaches in one
      roughly six mile hike if you can get across the lake at Hunt's Crossing.
      It is an old concrete road crossing that pre-dates the lake and is
      usually underwater. During the dry fall and winter it is exposed and
      you can walk across with no difficulties at all. It is at 30N 41.447
      and 97W 48.759. It was at least two feet out of the water yesterday.

      Lou AKA
      TxHiPowr