Re: 2007 Texas Challenge

  • gtbevo2000
    Message 1 of 13 , Jan 5, 2007
      Julie's right, it's not up to us BUT - it has traditionally been done
      over spring break because that is when people can take off with their
      kids and come. I always make my reservations way early because of
      that.

      Funny story - my sister called last week to talk about our plans for
      SB and she had made reservations at Brazos Bend for that week but was
      perplexed as to why she couldn't stay through the second weekend.
      she could only get reservations through that Thursday. She was not
      planning on attending the Challenge this year and it was purely
      coincidental that she unknowingly chose the same park!

      Anyhoo - I am planning on attending and have a campsite reserved.

      Alyson/gtbevo

      --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Perrine, Julie"
      <julie.perrine@...> wrote:

      > It's not up to us!
      >

      > Julie
      >
      > Mrs. Captain Picard
      >

      > ________________________________

      Except

      Message 2 of 13 , Jan 6, 2007
        Newbie question! What is the 2007 Challenge? - motx

        http://mail.yahoo.com
      • Julie Perrine
        Message 3 of 13 , Jan 6, 2007
          The Texas Challenge is the biggest statewide geocaching event held each year.  We divide the state into regions and one region hosts a competition that happens on Saturday, and the rest of the weekend, we visit and eat and play and have a general good time.  It's held at a state park and lots of people camp, but some come in or the day or do the hotel thing.

          Check the event page for information on how to register and what the schedule is.  Watch this YahooGroup for more information about Central Texas getting their team together.  We usually hold an information session and "pep rally" a while before the real thing.  Central Texas includes Austin, San Antonio, Waco and the surrounding areas and any other "adoptees" who want to play.

          It's a great way to spend the weekend having some fun and getting to know other Texas geocachers.

          Hope to see you there!

          On 1/6/07, M.Schreffler <mschref@...> wrote:

          Newbie question! What is the 2007 Challenge? - motx

          http://mail.yahoo.com

        • chris_rake
          Message 4 of 13 , Jan 7, 2007
            --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Kevin Dytrich"
            <centextrekker@...> wrote:

            > Who's going? Are we having a strategy meeting beforehand? I've sort
            > of been out of it for a couple of years, but I managed a few caches
            > last spring on vacation out west (W. TX, NM, CO, and AZ). As long as
            > this isn't during Spring Break, I should be able to attend.

            I'm going. My strategy is to show up with my GPSr, find a bunch of
            people from Central Texas, and go from there :)
          • Renee
            Message 5 of 13 , Jan 7, 2007

              LOL!!  Works for me!

            • Megindler@aol.com
              Message 6 of 13 , Jan 8, 2007
                I'm planning on being there and staying with GTBevo....right?   ;o)

                Message 7 of 13 , Jan 8, 2007
                  You better! Go Team Mimosa - for CenTX of course!!

                  Alyson

                  --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Megindler@... wrote:

                  > I'm planning on being there and staying with
                  GTBevo....right? ;o)

                  ___
                  across the web, free AOL Mail and more.