Girlstart Expanding Your Horizons

  • bjdukette
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 5, 2007
      Hi y'all,

      I have volunteered to help out Girlstart with their "Expanding Your
      Horizons" seminar on March 24, 2007. I'm hoping to get a few
      assistants out of this post.

      A few of you may have heard of Girlstart, a non-profit group that
      helps girls in middle and high school stay interested in math and
      science. You can check them out at: www.eyhaustin.org

      The March 24th event is here in Austin, and is an all-day event. I'm
      going to set up a two session event of geocaching, after teaching
      the girls what geocaching is.

      If anyone is interested in helping out - planning, donating gps for
      the day, cache prizes, etc., please let me know. It'll be fun to 1)
      get to know you a little better, and 2) see some girls get excited
      about geocaching.

      Just be aware that Girlstart will do a criminal background check on
      any volunteers, so any criminal geocachers need not apply. (smile)

      Can't wait to hear from you - GiGi and JoJo (Barbara)