Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Filler & bcat reach the 600 find milestone on What's the Point #2

    Message 1 of 22 , Jan 3, 2007
      Therein lies a tale?

      On Wed, 3 Jan 2007 17:15:12 -0500 "Nick Silkey" <nsilkey@...>
      writes:
      > Indeed! I had a special place in my heart for WTP#2: Number six
      > zero zero. :)
      >
      > I noticed that the latest copy of CacheStats from logicweave.com
      > have
      > categories of finds. One is quite appropos given last night's
      > adventures: Most Expensive. :)
      >
      > On 1/3/07, palbers@... <palbers@...> wrote:
      > > WooHoo! WTG on solving this one and finding #600!!
      > >
      > > Oh, and sorry to hear about your starter problems on your FTF run
      > last
      > > night. Nice job getting the FTF though. Hope it is a quick and
      > cheap
      > > fix.
      > >
      > > -paul
      > > HiDude_98
      > >

      > > Yahoo! Groups Links

      A visitor like me sees nothing but quaintness in Hay, and a certain stark
      beauty in ruins; but a longtime resident sees . . . well, ruin. --Paul
      Collins
      @,.-:*'``'*:-.,@,.-:*'``'*:-.,@
      Decay might be the best growth industry left in Wales. The damaged past,
      artfully reused, is all most of us ever have to work with anyway. --Paul
      Collins
      Message 2 of 22 , Jan 3, 2007
        Especially if the cache containers are those weird baby contraptions....
        Extra smiley if you whisper what this is REALLY for.... bwahahaha!

        On Wed, 3 Jan 2007 16:58:17 -0600 Christina Holland <clholland@...>
        writes:

        > On Jan 3, 2007, at 2:25 PM, Barb Jernigan wrote:
        >
        > > There's the gimpy bob series....
        > > I guess we'll need a Cache Baby series, too, huh?
        > >
        > I'd say there's a market for that, yeah. :) Hmmm, now I'm thinking
        > about a baby cache. This could be fun ...

        A visitor like me sees nothing but quaintness in Hay, and a certain stark
        beauty in ruins; but a longtime resident sees . . . well, ruin. --Paul
        Collins
        @,.-:*'``'*:-.,@,.-:*'``'*:-.,@
        Decay might be the best growth industry left in Wales. The damaged past,
        artfully reused, is all most of us ever have to work with anyway. --Paul
        Collins
      • John Menke
        Message 3 of 22 , Jan 3, 2007
          I've got one coming up in the Hyde Park area that will be stroller-friendly.

          John
          "NcongruNt"

          Christina Holland wrote:
          > Well, we've only hit one or two post arrival of kid. But I dare say it
          > will get easier, and more fun, to go caching with her as she gets
          > bigger. In the meantime, we need to locate more stroller friendly
          > caches. I don't fancy pushing through cedar while holding a 4 month
          > old, somehow.
          >
          > - Christina (stegasaurus)
          >

          > On Jan 3, 2007, at 1:30 PM, Lowracer wrote:
          >

          >> I can vouch for caching after parenthood.
          >> Caching's better when you bring the kids!
          >>
          >> Baby Lowracer's first cache find:
          >> http://tinyurl.com/ymfbmd
          >>

          >> --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Perrine, Julie"
          >> <julie.perrine@...> wrote:
          >>
          >>> See, there IS caching after marriage! Now let's see if there's
          >>> caching
          >>> after parenthood.....
          >>>

          >> Yahoo! Groups Links

          > Christina Holland, Post-Doctoral Fellow
          > Institute for Geophysics, University of Texas
          > 4412 Spicewood Springs Rd. #600
          > Austin, Texas 78759-8500
          >
          > e-mail: cholland@...
          > phone: 512-471-0389
          > web: http://www.ig.utexas.edu/people/staff/cholland/
          >

          > Yahoo! Groups Links

        • A Allen (SEMIK)
          Message 4 of 22 , Jan 4, 2007
            He tried to sneak it past us -- look at the foot of his congrats to
            Filler & bcat...

            The real deal (GCX58D):
            " January 2 by bobchernow (713 found)
            We hee, Hip hip hooray. #700 for me. And I got to meet
            ArmidilloJackyl as well. Great cache."

            Congrats on 700, Bob -- onward! 1K by 4/1/2007 is agressive, but
            doable. If it stops being fun, slow down. Take care!

            Audra & Matthew
            semik & mda_taz

            --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Bob Chernow

          • palbers@austin.rr.com
            Message 5 of 22 , Jan 4, 2007
              WooHoo! Congrats Bob!!

              Seems like just yesterday that I meet you in St. Eds going for
              that FTF, which was like your 60th find... wait maybe it was?
              Now that you're moved in and the leg is better, I'm sure you'll be
              right back on your old pace and 1k by 4/1 will be no problem.

              -paul
              HiDude_98

              > He tried to sneak it past us -- look at the foot of his congrats
              > Filler & bcat...
              >
              > The real deal (GCX58D):
              > " January 2 by bobchernow (713 found)
              > We hee, Hip hip hooray. #700 for me. And I got to meet
              > ArmidilloJackyl as well. Great cache."
              >
              > Congrats on 700, Bob -- onward! 1K by 4/1/2007 is agressive, but
              > doable. If it stops being fun, slow down. Take care!
              >
              > Audra & Matthew
              > semik & mda_taz
              >

              > --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Bob Chernow
              > <bobchernow@...> wrote:
              > >
              > > Congrats to Filler & bcat. Way to go!!!!
              > >
              > > Now as far as series go, we need all the Series we can think of.
              > :-
              > ) How
              > > bout a rainy day series, a snow series (scratch that), an I am
              > feeling
              > > to lazy today for a long hike series, an I want some good BBQ
              > series, a
              > > Sushi series, the more the merrier!
              > >
              > > bobchernow
              > > BTW: it is really nice being here in Kyle now. All new caches to
              > pick
              > > from. Easily made it past 700 yesterday and now gotta keep
              > pushing
              > to 8.
              > > I need to have at least 1k before I have to leave this state. I
              > am
              > > feeling kinda good now that the house has sold, we are moved in,
              > and are
              > > having our house in Raleigh built.

            • Richard Young
              Message 6 of 22 , Jan 4, 2007
                and he did it on a gimpy knee...Congrats
                Cache on to 800

                http://mail.yahoo.com
                Message 7 of 22 , Jan 4, 2007
                  700 is a lovely number. Go, Bob!

                  On Thu, 04 Jan 2007 21:07:35 -0000 "A Allen (SEMIK)"
                  <al_allen327@...> writes:
                  > He tried to sneak it past us -- look at the foot of his congrats to
                  > Filler & bcat...
                  >
                  > The real deal (GCX58D):
                  > " January 2 by bobchernow (713 found)
                  > We hee, Hip hip hooray. #700 for me. And I got to meet
                  > ArmidilloJackyl as well. Great cache."
                  >
                  > Congrats on 700, Bob -- onward! 1K by 4/1/2007 is agressive, but
                  > doable. If it stops being fun, slow down. Take care!
                  >
                  > Audra & Matthew
                  > semik & mda_taz
                  >

                  > --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Bob Chernow
                  > <bobchernow@...> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > Congrats to Filler & bcat. Way to go!!!!
                  > >
                  > > Now as far as series go, we need all the Series we can think of.
                  > :-
                  > ) How
                  > > bout a rainy day series, a snow series (scratch that), an I am
                  > feeling
                  > > to lazy today for a long hike series, an I want some good BBQ
                  > series, a
                  > > Sushi series, the more the merrier!
                  > >
                  > > bobchernow
                  > > BTW: it is really nice being here in Kyle now. All new caches to
                  > pick
                  > > from. Easily made it past 700 yesterday and now gotta keep pushing
                  >
                  > to 8.
                  > > I need to have at least 1k before I have to leave this state. I am
                  >
                  > > feeling kinda good now that the house has sold, we are moved in,
                  > and are
                  > > having our house in Raleigh built.

                  A visitor like me sees nothing but quaintness in Hay, and a certain stark
                  beauty in ruins; but a longtime resident sees . . . well, ruin. --Paul
                  Collins
                  @,.-:*'``'*:-.,@,.-:*'``'*:-.,@
                  Decay might be the best growth industry left in Wales. The damaged past,
                  artfully reused, is all most of us ever have to work with anyway. --Paul
                  Collins
                • M.Schreffler
                  Message 8 of 22 , Jan 6, 2007
                    Another newbie question - what are milestones? Just a
                    personal goal you set for yourself?

                    http://mail.yahoo.com
                  • Bob Chernow
                    Message 9 of 22 , Jan 7, 2007
                      <Opinion>
                      As one newbie to another most seem to consider the 100's (100,200,300,x00) as each being a milestone. After 1000, people seem to celebrate the 1000's (1000, 2000, x000) as milestones. But I say, that you should celebrate anything that you consider significant and just have fun celebrating life, the game, the people, and the fun.
                      </Opinion>

                      bobchernow a.k.a Bob Chernow

                      M.Schreffler wrote:

                      Another newbie question - what are milestones? Just a
                      personal goal you set for yourself?

                      Do You Yahoo!?
                      http://mail. yahoo.com

                    • Perrine, Julie
                      Message 10 of 22 , Jan 8, 2007

                        We need to help that guy get to 1000 by April!  Shouldn’t be a problem!

                        Julie Perrine
                        AMD Sales Finance
                        T 512.602.7190
                        F 512.602.7820