Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Re: Filler & bcat reach the 600 find milestone on What's the Point #2

  • Christina Holland
    Message 1 of 22 , Jan 3, 2007
      On Jan 3, 2007, at 2:25 PM, Barb Jernigan wrote:

      > There's the gimpy bob series....
      > I guess we'll need a Cache Baby series, too, huh?

      I'd say there's a market for that, yeah. :) Hmmm, now I'm thinking
      about a baby cache. This could be fun ...
    • Richard Young
      Message 2 of 22 , Jan 3, 2007
        Congrats on the 600!  Hey, Julie can we write off caching expenses?  Help Filler out!
        Cache on to 700!

        Message 3 of 22 , Jan 3, 2007
          Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Re: Filler & bcat reach the 600 find milestone on What's the Point #2

          So would you put spare babys in it or what? I'm the father of 5 and am thinking of a couple that I could give up from time to time. This isn't one of those -drop one off, take one- things is it?
          Terry (uncle_fluffy)

          --------------------------
          (Humorous line removed)

          Message 4 of 22 , Jan 3, 2007
            Therein lies a tale?

            On Wed, 3 Jan 2007 17:15:12 -0500 "Nick Silkey" <nsilkey@...>
            writes:
            > Indeed! I had a special place in my heart for WTP#2: Number six
            > zero zero. :)
            >
            > I noticed that the latest copy of CacheStats from logicweave.com
            > have
            > categories of finds. One is quite appropos given last night's
            > adventures: Most Expensive. :)
            >
            > On 1/3/07, palbers@... <palbers@...> wrote:
            > > WooHoo! WTG on solving this one and finding #600!!
            > >
            > > Oh, and sorry to hear about your starter problems on your FTF run
            > last
            > > night. Nice job getting the FTF though. Hope it is a quick and
            > cheap
            > > fix.
            > >
            > > -paul
            > > HiDude_98
            > >

            > > Yahoo! Groups Links

            A visitor like me sees nothing but quaintness in Hay, and a certain stark
            beauty in ruins; but a longtime resident sees . . . well, ruin. --Paul
            Collins
            @,.-:*'``'*:-.,@,.-:*'``'*:-.,@
            Decay might be the best growth industry left in Wales. The damaged past,
            artfully reused, is all most of us ever have to work with anyway. --Paul
            Collins
            Message 5 of 22 , Jan 3, 2007
              Especially if the cache containers are those weird baby contraptions....
              Extra smiley if you whisper what this is REALLY for.... bwahahaha!

              On Wed, 3 Jan 2007 16:58:17 -0600 Christina Holland <clholland@...>
              writes:

              > On Jan 3, 2007, at 2:25 PM, Barb Jernigan wrote:
              >
              > > There's the gimpy bob series....
              > > I guess we'll need a Cache Baby series, too, huh?
              > >
              > I'd say there's a market for that, yeah. :) Hmmm, now I'm thinking
              > about a baby cache. This could be fun ...

              A visitor like me sees nothing but quaintness in Hay, and a certain stark
              beauty in ruins; but a longtime resident sees . . . well, ruin. --Paul
              Collins
              @,.-:*'``'*:-.,@,.-:*'``'*:-.,@
              Decay might be the best growth industry left in Wales. The damaged past,
              artfully reused, is all most of us ever have to work with anyway. --Paul
              Collins
            • John Menke
              Message 6 of 22 , Jan 3, 2007
                I've got one coming up in the Hyde Park area that will be stroller-friendly.

                John
                "NcongruNt"

                Christina Holland wrote:
                > Well, we've only hit one or two post arrival of kid. But I dare say it
                > will get easier, and more fun, to go caching with her as she gets
                > bigger. In the meantime, we need to locate more stroller friendly
                > caches. I don't fancy pushing through cedar while holding a 4 month
                > old, somehow.
                >
                > - Christina (stegasaurus)
                >

                > On Jan 3, 2007, at 1:30 PM, Lowracer wrote:
                >

                >> I can vouch for caching after parenthood.
                >> Caching's better when you bring the kids!
                >>
                >> Baby Lowracer's first cache find:
                >> http://tinyurl.com/ymfbmd
                >>

                >> --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Perrine, Julie"
                >> <julie.perrine@...> wrote:
                >>
                >>> See, there IS caching after marriage! Now let's see if there's
                >>> caching
                >>> after parenthood.....
                >>>

                >> Yahoo! Groups Links

                > Christina Holland, Post-Doctoral Fellow
                > Institute for Geophysics, University of Texas
                > 4412 Spicewood Springs Rd. #600
                > Austin, Texas 78759-8500
                >
                > e-mail: cholland@...
                > phone: 512-471-0389
                > web: http://www.ig.utexas.edu/people/staff/cholland/
                >

                > Yahoo! Groups Links

              • A Allen (SEMIK)
                Message 7 of 22 , Jan 4, 2007
                  He tried to sneak it past us -- look at the foot of his congrats to
                  Filler & bcat...

                  The real deal (GCX58D):
                  " January 2 by bobchernow (713 found)
                  We hee, Hip hip hooray. #700 for me. And I got to meet
                  ArmidilloJackyl as well. Great cache."

                  Congrats on 700, Bob -- onward! 1K by 4/1/2007 is agressive, but
                  doable. If it stops being fun, slow down. Take care!

                  Audra & Matthew
                  semik & mda_taz

                  --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Bob Chernow

                • palbers@austin.rr.com
                  Message 8 of 22 , Jan 4, 2007
                    WooHoo! Congrats Bob!!

                    Seems like just yesterday that I meet you in St. Eds going for
                    that FTF, which was like your 60th find... wait maybe it was?
                    Now that you're moved in and the leg is better, I'm sure you'll be
                    right back on your old pace and 1k by 4/1 will be no problem.

                    -paul
                    HiDude_98

                    Message 9 of 22 , Jan 4, 2007
                      and he did it on a gimpy knee...Congrats
                      Cache on to 800

                      http://mail.yahoo.com
                      Message 10 of 22 , Jan 4, 2007
                        700 is a lovely number. Go, Bob!

                        On Thu, 04 Jan 2007 21:07:35 -0000 "A Allen (SEMIK)"
                        <al_allen327@...> writes:
                        > He tried to sneak it past us -- look at the foot of his congrats to
                        > Filler & bcat...
                        >
                        > The real deal (GCX58D):
                        > " January 2 by bobchernow (713 found)
                        > We hee, Hip hip hooray. #700 for me. And I got to meet
                        > ArmidilloJackyl as well. Great cache."
                        >
                        > Congrats on 700, Bob -- onward! 1K by 4/1/2007 is agressive, but
                        > doable. If it stops being fun, slow down. Take care!
                        >
                        > Audra & Matthew
                        > semik & mda_taz
                        >

                        > --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Bob Chernow
                        > <bobchernow@...> wrote:
                        > >
                        > > Congrats to Filler & bcat. Way to go!!!!
                        > >
                        > > Now as far as series go, we need all the Series we can think of.
                        > :-
                        > ) How
                        > > bout a rainy day series, a snow series (scratch that), an I am
                        > feeling
                        > > to lazy today for a long hike series, an I want some good BBQ
                        > series, a
                        > > Sushi series, the more the merrier!
                        > >
                        > > bobchernow
                        > > BTW: it is really nice being here in Kyle now. All new caches to
                        > pick
                        > > from. Easily made it past 700 yesterday and now gotta keep pushing
                        >
                        > to 8.
                        > > I need to have at least 1k before I have to leave this state. I am
                        >
                        > > feeling kinda good now that the house has sold, we are moved in,
                        > and are
                        > > having our house in Raleigh built.

                        A visitor like me sees nothing but quaintness in Hay, and a certain stark
                        beauty in ruins; but a longtime resident sees . . . well, ruin. --Paul
                        Collins
                        @,.-:*'``'*:-.,@,.-:*'``'*:-.,@
                        Decay might be the best growth industry left in Wales. The damaged past,
                        artfully reused, is all most of us ever have to work with anyway. --Paul
                        Collins
                      • M.Schreffler
                        Message 11 of 22 , Jan 6, 2007
                          Another newbie question - what are milestones? Just a
                          personal goal you set for yourself?

                          http://mail.yahoo.com
                        • Bob Chernow
                          Message 12 of 22 , Jan 7, 2007
                            <Opinion>
                            As one newbie to another most seem to consider the 100's (100,200,300,x00) as each being a milestone. After 1000, people seem to celebrate the 1000's (1000, 2000, x000) as milestones. But I say, that you should celebrate anything that you consider significant and just have fun celebrating life, the game, the people, and the fun.
                            </Opinion>

                            bobchernow a.k.a Bob Chernow

                            M.Schreffler wrote:

                            Another newbie question - what are milestones? Just a
                            personal goal you set for yourself?

                            Do You Yahoo!?
                            http://mail. yahoo.com

                          • Perrine, Julie
                            Message 13 of 22 , Jan 8, 2007

                              We need to help that guy get to 1000 by April!  Shouldn’t be a problem!

                              Julie Perrine
                              AMD Sales Finance
                              T 512.602.7190
                              F 512.602.7820