Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Re: Filler & bcat reach the 600 find milestone on What's the Point #2

  • Christina Holland
    Message 1 of 22 , Jan 3, 2007
      Well, we've only hit one or two post arrival of kid. But I dare say it
      will get easier, and more fun, to go caching with her as she gets
      bigger. In the meantime, we need to locate more stroller friendly
      caches. I don't fancy pushing through cedar while holding a 4 month
      old, somehow.

      - Christina (stegasaurus)

      On Jan 3, 2007, at 1:30 PM, Lowracer wrote:

      > I can vouch for caching after parenthood.
      > Caching's better when you bring the kids!
      >
      > Baby Lowracer's first cache find:
      > http://tinyurl.com/ymfbmd
      >

      > --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Perrine, Julie"
      > <julie.perrine@...> wrote:
      >>
      >> See, there IS caching after marriage! Now let's see if there's
      >> caching
      >> after parenthood.....

      Christina Holland, Post-Doctoral Fellow
      Institute for Geophysics, University of Texas
      4412 Spicewood Springs Rd. #600
      Austin, Texas 78759-8500

      e-mail: cholland@...
      phone: 512-471-0389
      web: http://www.ig.utexas.edu/people/staff/cholland/
      Message 2 of 22 , Jan 3, 2007
        There's the gimpy bob series....
        I guess we'll need a Cache Baby series, too, huh?

        On Wed, 3 Jan 2007 13:46:14 -0600 Christina Holland <clholland@...>
        writes:
        > Well, we've only hit one or two post arrival of kid. But I dare say
        > it
        > will get easier, and more fun, to go caching with her as she gets
        > bigger. In the meantime, we need to locate more stroller friendly
        > caches. I don't fancy pushing through cedar while holding a 4 month
        >
        > old, somehow.
        >
        > - Christina (stegasaurus)
        >

        > On Jan 3, 2007, at 1:30 PM, Lowracer wrote:
        >
        > > I can vouch for caching after parenthood.
        > > Caching's better when you bring the kids!
        > >
        > > Baby Lowracer's first cache find:
        > > http://tinyurl.com/ymfbmd
        > >

        > > --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Perrine, Julie"
        > > <julie.perrine@...> wrote:
        > >>
        > >> See, there IS caching after marriage! Now let's see if there's
        > >> caching
        > >> after parenthood.....
        > >

        > > Yahoo! Groups Links

        > Christina Holland, Post-Doctoral Fellow
        > Institute for Geophysics, University of Texas
        > 4412 Spicewood Springs Rd. #600
        > Austin, Texas 78759-8500
        >
        > e-mail: cholland@...
        > phone: 512-471-0389
        > web: http://www.ig.utexas.edu/people/staff/cholland/

        A visitor like me sees nothing but quaintness in Hay, and a certain stark
        beauty in ruins; but a longtime resident sees . . . well, ruin. --Paul
        Collins
        @,.-:*'``'*:-.,@,.-:*'``'*:-.,@
        Decay might be the best growth industry left in Wales. The damaged past,
        artfully reused, is all most of us ever have to work with anyway. --Paul
        Collins
      • Nick Silkey
        Message 3 of 22 , Jan 3, 2007
          Indeed! I had a special place in my heart for WTP#2: Number six zero zero. :)

          I noticed that the latest copy of CacheStats from logicweave.com have
          categories of finds. One is quite appropos given last night's
          adventures: Most Expensive. :)

          On 1/3/07, palbers@... <palbers@...> wrote:
          > WooHoo! WTG on solving this one and finding #600!!
          >
          > Oh, and sorry to hear about your starter problems on your FTF run last
          > night. Nice job getting the FTF though. Hope it is a quick and cheap
          > fix.
          >
          > -paul
          > HiDude_98
          >

          > Yahoo! Groups Links

        • Nick Silkey
          Message 4 of 22 , Jan 3, 2007
            On 1/3/07, Perrine, Julie <julie.perrine@...> wrote:
            > See, there IS caching after marriage! Now let's see if there's caching after parenthood…..

            Sometimes. FTF runs are what they had been: a tough sell to the geospouse. :)

            > When's the baby due?

            April 10. For those wondering, its a Hoot and not a Hooter. I hope
            my kiddo will be as astute as Stratman's and help boost my find count.
            Of course, that is a few years away. :)
          • Bob Chernow
            Message 5 of 22 , Jan 3, 2007
              Congrats to Filler & bcat. Way to go!!!!

              Now as far as series go, we need all the Series we can think of. :-) How bout a rainy day series, a snow series (scratch that), an I am feeling to lazy today for a long hike series, an I want some good BBQ series, a Sushi series, the more the merrier!

              bobchernow
              BTW: it is really nice being here in Kyle now. All new caches to pick from. Easily made it past 700 yesterday and now gotta keep pushing to 8. I need to have at least 1k before I have to leave this state. I am feeling kinda good now that the house has sold, we are moved in, and are having our house in Raleigh built.

              @,.-:*'``'*: -.,@,.-:* '``'*:-., @

              Message 6 of 22 , Jan 3, 2007
                A few years? You gonna give him that long?

                Nick Silkey wrote:
                On 1/3/07, Perrine, Julie <julie.perrine@...> wrote:

                See, there IS caching after marriage!  Now let's see if there's caching after parenthood…..

                Sometimes.  FTF runs are what they had been:  a tough sell to the geospouse.  :)

                When's the baby due?

                April 10.  For those wondering, its a Hoot and not a Hooter.  I hope
                my kiddo will be as astute as Stratman's and help boost my find count.
                 Of course, that is a few years away.  :)

                <*> Your email settings:
                    Individual Email | Traditional

                <*> To change settings online go to:
                    (Yahoo! ID required)

                <*> To change settings via email:
                    mailto:CentralTexasGeocachers-digest@yahoogroups.com
                    mailto:CentralTexasGeocachers-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

              • Christina Holland
                Message 7 of 22 , Jan 3, 2007
                  On Jan 3, 2007, at 2:25 PM, Barb Jernigan wrote:

                  > There's the gimpy bob series....
                  > I guess we'll need a Cache Baby series, too, huh?

                  I'd say there's a market for that, yeah. :) Hmmm, now I'm thinking
                  about a baby cache. This could be fun ...
                • Richard Young
                  Message 8 of 22 , Jan 3, 2007
                    Congrats on the 600!  Hey, Julie can we write off caching expenses?  Help Filler out!
                    Cache on to 700!

                    On 1/3/07, palbers@austin. rr.com <palbers@austin. rr.com> wrote:
                    > WooHoo! WTG on solving this one and finding #600!!
                    >
                    > Oh, and sorry to hear about your starter problems on your FTF run last
                    > night. Nice job getting the FTF though. Hope it is a quick and cheap
                    > fix.
                    >
                    > -paul
                    > HiDude_98

                    http://mail.yahoo.com
                  • Terry Carter
                    Message 9 of 22 , Jan 3, 2007
                      Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Re: Filler & bcat reach the 600 find milestone on What's the Point #2

                      So would you put spare babys in it or what? I'm the father of 5 and am thinking of a couple that I could give up from time to time. This isn't one of those -drop one off, take one- things is it?
                      Terry (uncle_fluffy)

                      --------------------------
                      (Humorous line removed)

                      Message 10 of 22 , Jan 3, 2007
                        Therein lies a tale?

                        Message 11 of 22 , Jan 3, 2007
                          Especially if the cache containers are those weird baby contraptions....
                          Extra smiley if you whisper what this is REALLY for.... bwahahaha!

                          On Wed, 3 Jan 2007 16:58:17 -0600 Christina Holland <clholland@...>
                          writes:

                          > On Jan 3, 2007, at 2:25 PM, Barb Jernigan wrote:
                          >
                          > > There's the gimpy bob series....
                          > > I guess we'll need a Cache Baby series, too, huh?
                          > >
                          > I'd say there's a market for that, yeah. :) Hmmm, now I'm thinking
                          > about a baby cache. This could be fun ...

                          A visitor like me sees nothing but quaintness in Hay, and a certain stark
                          beauty in ruins; but a longtime resident sees . . . well, ruin. --Paul
                          Collins
                          @,.-:*'``'*:-.,@,.-:*'``'*:-.,@
                          Decay might be the best growth industry left in Wales. The damaged past,
                          artfully reused, is all most of us ever have to work with anyway. --Paul
                          Collins
                        • John Menke
                          Message 12 of 22 , Jan 3, 2007
                            I've got one coming up in the Hyde Park area that will be stroller-friendly.

                            John
                            "NcongruNt"

                            Christina Holland wrote:
                            > Well, we've only hit one or two post arrival of kid. But I dare say it
                            > will get easier, and more fun, to go caching with her as she gets
                            > bigger. In the meantime, we need to locate more stroller friendly
                            > caches. I don't fancy pushing through cedar while holding a 4 month
                            > old, somehow.
                            >
                            > - Christina (stegasaurus)
                            >

                            > On Jan 3, 2007, at 1:30 PM, Lowracer wrote:
                            >

                            >> I can vouch for caching after parenthood.
                            >> Caching's better when you bring the kids!
                            >>
                            >> Baby Lowracer's first cache find:
                            >> http://tinyurl.com/ymfbmd
                            >>

                            >> --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Perrine, Julie"
                            >> <julie.perrine@...> wrote:
                            >>
                            >>> See, there IS caching after marriage! Now let's see if there's
                            >>> caching
                            >>> after parenthood.....
                            >>>

                            >> Yahoo! Groups Links

                            > Christina Holland, Post-Doctoral Fellow
                            > Institute for Geophysics, University of Texas
                            > 4412 Spicewood Springs Rd. #600
                            > Austin, Texas 78759-8500
                            >
                            > e-mail: cholland@...
                            > phone: 512-471-0389
                            > web: http://www.ig.utexas.edu/people/staff/cholland/
                            >

                            > Yahoo! Groups Links

                          • A Allen (SEMIK)
                            Message 13 of 22 , Jan 4, 2007
                              He tried to sneak it past us -- look at the foot of his congrats to
                              Filler & bcat...

                              The real deal (GCX58D):
                              " January 2 by bobchernow (713 found)
                              We hee, Hip hip hooray. #700 for me. And I got to meet
                              ArmidilloJackyl as well. Great cache."

                              Congrats on 700, Bob -- onward! 1K by 4/1/2007 is agressive, but
                              doable. If it stops being fun, slow down. Take care!

                              Audra & Matthew
                              semik & mda_taz

                              --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Bob Chernow

                            • palbers@austin.rr.com
                              Message 14 of 22 , Jan 4, 2007
                                WooHoo! Congrats Bob!!

                                Seems like just yesterday that I meet you in St. Eds going for
                                that FTF, which was like your 60th find... wait maybe it was?
                                Now that you're moved in and the leg is better, I'm sure you'll be
                                right back on your old pace and 1k by 4/1 will be no problem.

                                -paul
                                HiDude_98

                                Message 15 of 22 , Jan 4, 2007
                                  and he did it on a gimpy knee...Congrats
                                  Cache on to 800

                                  Message 16 of 22 , Jan 4, 2007
                                    700 is a lovely number. Go, Bob!

                                    On Thu, 04 Jan 2007 21:07:35 -0000 "A Allen (SEMIK)"
                                    <al_allen327@...> writes:
                                    > He tried to sneak it past us -- look at the foot of his congrats to
                                    > Filler & bcat...
                                    >
                                    > The real deal (GCX58D):
                                    > " January 2 by bobchernow (713 found)
                                    > We hee, Hip hip hooray. #700 for me. And I got to meet
                                    > ArmidilloJackyl as well. Great cache."
                                    >
                                    > Congrats on 700, Bob -- onward! 1K by 4/1/2007 is agressive, but
                                    > doable. If it stops being fun, slow down. Take care!
                                    >
                                    > Audra & Matthew
                                    > semik & mda_taz
                                    >

                                    > --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Bob Chernow
                                    > <bobchernow@...> wrote:
                                    > >
                                    > > Congrats to Filler & bcat. Way to go!!!!
                                    > >
                                    > > Now as far as series go, we need all the Series we can think of.
                                    > :-
                                    > ) How
                                    > > bout a rainy day series, a snow series (scratch that), an I am
                                    > feeling
                                    > > to lazy today for a long hike series, an I want some good BBQ
                                    > series, a
                                    > > Sushi series, the more the merrier!
                                    > >
                                    > > bobchernow
                                    > > BTW: it is really nice being here in Kyle now. All new caches to
                                    > pick
                                    > > from. Easily made it past 700 yesterday and now gotta keep pushing
                                    >
                                    > to 8.
                                    > > I need to have at least 1k before I have to leave this state. I am
                                    >
                                    > > feeling kinda good now that the house has sold, we are moved in,
                                    > and are
                                    > > having our house in Raleigh built.

                                    A visitor like me sees nothing but quaintness in Hay, and a certain stark
                                    beauty in ruins; but a longtime resident sees . . . well, ruin. --Paul
                                    Collins
                                    @,.-:*'``'*:-.,@,.-:*'``'*:-.,@
                                    Decay might be the best growth industry left in Wales. The damaged past,
                                    artfully reused, is all most of us ever have to work with anyway. --Paul
                                    Collins
                                  • M.Schreffler
                                    Message 17 of 22 , Jan 6, 2007
                                      Another newbie question - what are milestones? Just a
                                      personal goal you set for yourself?

                                      http://mail.yahoo.com
                                    • Bob Chernow
                                      Message 18 of 22 , Jan 7, 2007
                                        <Opinion>
                                        As one newbie to another most seem to consider the 100's (100,200,300,x00) as each being a milestone. After 1000, people seem to celebrate the 1000's (1000, 2000, x000) as milestones. But I say, that you should celebrate anything that you consider significant and just have fun celebrating life, the game, the people, and the fun.
                                        </Opinion>

                                        bobchernow a.k.a Bob Chernow

                                        M.Schreffler wrote:

                                        Another newbie question - what are milestones? Just a
                                        personal goal you set for yourself?

                                        Do You Yahoo!?
                                        http://mail. yahoo.com

                                      • Perrine, Julie
                                        Message 19 of 22 , Jan 8, 2007

                                          We need to help that guy get to 1000 by April!  Shouldn’t be a problem!

                                          Julie Perrine
                                          AMD Sales Finance
                                          T 512.602.7190
                                          F 512.602.7820