RE: [CentralTexasGeocachers]

  • Chris Mire
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 1, 2007

      The Quick SAX Series is in the form of a Saxophone…

      Quick SAX #1 http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?wp=GCRPAR

      Image http://img.geocaching.com/cache/abf2798f-9c75-4a7b-9ca1-18075d6878f6.jpg

      -Chris

      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 1, 2007
        Well, nothing personal to the cache owners, but...
        The first one leaves a LOT to be desired for trying to figure out the numbers...  the geographical shapes are just not defined enough and some could pass for one or more numbers depending on how much of a river you use...  an two hours is all I'm going to waste on that one...

        The second was great!  Actual numbers!  (Not sure where one goes to find a list of places that have writing visible from space....) but the DEFG coords point to an empty field...  (perhaps the numbers have been plowed over and a new photo taken since the cache was created?  I tried emailing Inspector Gadget about this, but got a "Disk out of space" error from Groundspeak's web server when I tried to send it through the gc.com site....

        So, 3 hours (the length of the Rose Bowl) left me with... nothing...  zip...  nada....   nil....

        On the other hand, over the weekend I drove over 300 miles round trip to a friend's house and did some geocaches on the way.  All 15 I looked for were there...   That was time well spent....   and it was fun....

        StratmanAndTheHoot@... wrote:
        Phil,

        Here are a couple I know of:

        Curtis / Stratman

        www.lost.eu/ ad98      <---- Get connected!  Play Lost!

        Hello gang, this is what Im pondering... .

        I was really examing a few caches on the Google map link and wondered if there has ever been
        hides made to where they actually looked like a letter or maybe a number
        on something like the ever popular(I love it) Google maps.
        This is what Im seeing....
        hover over The Upper Bull Creek District Park and notice how the placements
        look oddly like bowling pins, i see 9 with 1 missing. How cool is that?
        Thoughts....

        Phil Mason
        Dragonscale365
        on Geocaching.com
        435B Sailmaster
        Cell Ph. 921-1489

        http://mail.yahoo.com

      • Kevin (KoosKoos)
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 1, 2007
          Here's a really fast way to find places that fit numbers:
          http://www.geogreeting.com/view.html?zvKfDVdv+qJbS$j

          The main site (in case of yahoo futzing the url):
          http://www.geogreeting.com/view.html

          Kevin
          KoosKoos