Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Re: GPS recommendations?

  • engelwaffen
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 29, 2006
      Yah that sirF is no small wonder.  The Garmin V will still be sniffing out the FIRST satelite when I wake up the 60CSx and I'm at 10 feet radius right at wake up.   Garmin V is relegated to paperweight duty, got to hold down all those print out with the hints some how...ehh?

      cache on!!

      the amish postman

      P.S. Blizzard in place in the Texas panhandle.  Been told today a postmaster had waypointed his house on his 60CS and tried to walk to his postoffice in town 600 yards away across a pasture.  White out conditions at the time erased all landmarks and horizon as well.  He used his house waypoint to find his way back to his house.  GPS may have pulled his fat out of the fire

      I'll see if I can  find out who did this in the next few days.  I think I heard he is in southeastern Colorado.