RE: [CentralTexasGeocachers] The Numbers Have Rolled!

  • Lee Dedear
    Message 1 of 10 , Dec 29, 2006
      Well, I'll be hornswoggled. OK, maybe that's not the right word, but I like
      it anyway. For all these years I've been under the mistaken assumption that
      my GPSr was limited to 6-character waypoint names, but I see that the new
      caches are, in fact, showing all 7 characters after being imported via
      GPSBabel. Where did I get the idea that Garmin waypoint names were 6
      characters max? My first GPSr was a Garmin GPS III+: maybe that one was
      limited. But my GPS V allows 15 characters, now that I go in and create one
      manually. You learn something new every day!

      Lee
      "Suchmann"

      From: "Julie Perrine" <mrscaptainpicard@...>
      Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2006 23:38:41
      To:CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com

      Did anyone else notice that the GC numbers have rolled over?  We knew
      something would have to happen once they exhausted the Z's.  The  new number
      looks like this:   GC101Q8.  They just added another digit and they're
      starting over at 1.