Re: Projecting Waypoints With CacheMate

  • semperquestio
    Message 1 of 14 , Dec 1, 2006
      Bookmakrs in CM work like IE bookmarks.

      If you are on the cache list, get to the menu and tap on "Srch". If
      you are on a cache page, just pull up the menu (it starts at the right
      place - the "Record" tab). Then look for "Bookmarks...". You can
      also get there using the lower left to upper right strok followed by
      the letter "L".

      That will bring up your bookmarked waypoints. Then you can tap on the
      one you want and go right to it.

      Sometimes, if I know what caches I'm going for, I'll bookmark my
      targeted caches so I can get right to them rather than scroll through
      the 500+ I keep on hand.

      SQ

      --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Brent" <brbapb@...> wrote:

      > Pretty cool, I didn't know it would do this. Now, may I ask what the
      > definition of a bookmark is in this context? In other words, how are
      > they used in Cachemate?
      >
      > Thanks,
      >
      > Brent
      >
      > --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "semperquestio"
      > <sq@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Just a little something I thought I'd share for any new folks out
      > > there. This kinda came up the the GS forums.
      > >
      > > Most folks know that jsut about every GPS out there has waypoint
      > > projection capabilities. My experience has been that they are often
      > > difficult to use, not all that flexible, and often yield less than
      > > stellar results.
      > >
      > > Instead of that, I use the projection tool in CacheMate on my Palm
      > > device. It has proven to be very accurate every time I've used it
      > and
      > > it offers a high level of flexibility while, at the same time, being
      > > very simple to use.
      > >
      > > To use it, just select a cache in CacheMate, then tap on the
      > > "CacheMate" tab at the upper left to access the menus. Then tap
      > > "Calc" and then "Project Waypoint".
      > >
      > > That gives you a small window with only two data entry fields, a
      > pull
      > > down menu, and 2 "buttons" (OK or CANCEL). In the first field enter
      > > your bearing in degrees. In the next field enter your distance.
      > From
      > > the pull-down menu, select your distance unit of measure. When
      > that
      > > is done, click OK.
      > >
      > > CacheMate will then create a new cache record complete with a name,
      > > the name of the cache it was projected from, a waypoint ID, the new
      > > coords, and the projection data used. As with any cache record, all
      > > of this data can be edited however you wish. Also, the original
      > cache
      > > record and the new projected cache record are automatically
      > bookmarked
      > > for you.
      > >
      > > Hope this helps someone.
      > >
      > > Happy caching!