Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Lifeline

    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 1, 2006
      I dunno. My text ring is more annoying than my phone ring.

      On Fri,  1 Dec 2006 16:00:13 -0500 (EST) "Lowell Dennis"<cyberclops@...> writes:
      My take (not that I have the experience of MCP) ...

      If it's late (or early) and you are on the hunt and need a lifeline, try using text messages first. If the person you are contacting is asleep a text messge alert will not usually be enough to wake them like a phone call would. If they are awake, then then can contact you back and throw you the lifeline. To me this would be the most considerate way to do it.

      Lowell aka Cyberclops

      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 1, 2006
        If you don't want to receive text messages then the carrier can turn it
        off completely for you.

        Alan

        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 1, 2006
          Thanks, I'll have to check with sprint and see if they can do that.
          Penny
          cpnowak