RE: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Lifeline

  • Lowell Dennis
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 1, 2006
      My take (not that I have the experience of MCP) ...

      If it's late (or early) and you are on the hunt and need a lifeline, try using text messages first.� If the person you are contacting is asleep a text messge alert will not usually be enough to wake them like a phone call would.� If they are awake, then then can contact you back and throw you the lifeline.� To me this would be the most considerate way to do it.

      Lowell aka Cyberclops

      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 1, 2006
        FYI for text messages.  Some carriers/plans charge for them.  Every time I get one it costs 10-15 cents.  Can't remember the exact amount.  And I don't get a choice....if you text me...I pay.

        Penny
        cpnowak

        Sent: Friday, December 01, 2006 3:00 PM
        Subject: RE: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Lifeline

        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 1, 2006
          I dunno. My text ring is more annoying than my phone ring.

          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 1, 2006
            If you don't want to receive text messages then the carrier can turn it
            off completely for you.

            Alan

            Message 5 of 5 , Dec 1, 2006
              Thanks, I'll have to check with sprint and see if they can do that.
              Penny
              cpnowak