Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Re: Adopting an Archived Cache

  • Lisa Campbell
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 26, 2006
      Thanks, Mike. I think I'll just create a new hide; I wanted to make some changes to it anyway.

      Mike <geocaching@...> wrote:
      Hi Lisa,

      If it's archived then you can just hide a new cache in the exact same
      spot. This is the quickest and easiest way.

      If there's a particular reason you want to retain the old listing (we
      did this for Line of Sight recently) then you need to get it
      unarchived before you can adopt it. To do that write to a cache
      reviewer (Not PR right now as he seems to be away - pick another one,
      any one will do) and explain.

      Once it's unarchived you can use this page for adoption:
      http://www.geocachi ng.com/adopt/

      If the owner doesn't respond you'll have to ask a reviewer for help again.

      Much easier to just hide a new cache in the same spot if that works
      for you!

      Mike

      --- In CentralTexasGeocach ers@yahoogroups. com, Lisa Campbell
      <lisaleecampbell@ ...> wrote:

      > Does anyone know how to go about adopting an archived cache? I tried
      to adopt it when the first owners were moving on, but was beaten to
      it. It was disabled shortly after and then archived by the PR for no
      activity. I have contacted the current owner but have received no
      response; he hasn't logged on to the GC website for several months.