Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Streets and Trips

  • Bob Chernow
    Message 1 of 39 , Nov 23, 2006
      Julie,

      Other than this trip optimization is there any other compelling reason to get this software? I am very tempted but have been burned before. How much data must you keep on the hard drive to do this optimization for lets say Texas only.

      Bob

      Julie Perrine wrote:
      Hey!  I just tried a trick the German dudes who went after the 24-hour find record told me about.  If you have a large group of caches and you want to find the shortest route between them, export a file of the waypoints into Microsoft Streets and Trips.  Then, use the feature to create a route and optimize the distance.  It will put the waypoints in order of how you should drive to them!

      Then, once you have the order, you can print it out and just route to them using your GPS in the order it says!

      I just tried it, and it was really easy!

      For those of us who are a little more "intense" in our caching, this might save some gas and some time!

      Have fun!

    • Bob Chernow