Some Job-Free Words of Inspiration

  • grrlfrog71
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 27, 2003
      I belong to just about every Yahoo unemployment/networking group in
      Austin. A lot of what I have read has been inspiring me to pursue
      the things I love and always wanted to do, but couldn't because I was
      unhappy in my job, was always tired or never took advantage of the
      things Austin had to offer. I have pasted in an excerpt from an
      email someone (Jeff Johannigman) sent out yesterday - he finally
      found a job after months of searching. I think it was inspiring!
      Hang in there fellow job-free-cachers!!!

      ------snip---------

      1)....(not applicable)

      2) Get active - Be involved in volunteer groups, church groups,
      hobbies, professional associations, Toastmasters, or anything else
      where you spend time with others that share a common bond with you.
      While this may not feel like job seeking, it really does produce the
      best results IF the others in those groups know you well and know
      clearly what you are looking for. I found this job by being a member
      of ASTD, a professional association for trainers.

      3) Treat everybody well - You never know when somebody you bump into
      one day will be key to your employment the next. One of the people I
      interviewed with at RealVue was a DBM client over a year ago. She
      remembered the work I had done with her, and recommended that I be
      hired here.

      4) Relax - Recognize that finding a job depends on a lot of things
      you can take control of, and many more things you have no control
      over. Do what you can do each day with faith, and let go of the
      result. Much of what you do will feel fruitless, even pointless, but
      keep doing it. Just be patient for the universe to respond in kind.

      Good Luck!
      Grrlfrog