Caching and teaching

  • bjdukette
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 2, 2006
      Hi All!

      I need a little computer help, but really don't understand computer
      speak. Would anyone like to go caching with me this Saturday? I'm
      hoping you can (as we hike through the woods) explain wifi and goodies
      like that.

      I'm a visual person, so explaining things to me via email really won't
      help. Any one available? I need to go discover that newly revised
      line of sight cache.

      Let me know - I live in South Austin, but can travel all the way to
      Georgetown, if I need to ;).

      Thanks!
      Barbara (GiGi)
    • Barry
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 2, 2006
        Barbara,

        Have you cached Bastrop State Park?

        If not and you'd like to, I have done them all in the park

        and I'm a "computer-type" so I can tag along and explain all

        that I know without having to keep an eye on my GPSr

        at the same time. I'm a visual type of learner also, so I

        can help put things in ways that hopefully you'll understand.

        Let me know. I'm trying to figure out what I'm going to do this

        weekend anywayÂ….

        Barry (Doc Geo)

        --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "bjdukette"
        <bjdukette@...> wrote:

        > Hi All!
        >
        > I need a little computer help, but really don't understand
        computer
        > speak. Would anyone like to go caching with me this Saturday?
        I'm
        > hoping you can (as we hike through the woods) explain wifi and
        goodies
        > like that.
        >
        > I'm a visual person, so explaining things to me via email really
        won't
        > help. Any one available? I need to go discover that newly
        revised
        > line of sight cache.
        >
        > Let me know - I live in South Austin, but can travel all the way
        > Georgetown, if I need to ;).
        >
        > Thanks!
        > Barbara (GiGi)

      • bjdukette
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 2, 2006
          Hey Barry!

          I haven't done Bastrop State Park yet! However, I just remembered
          that I have a mandatory field trip I have to take on Saturday. But I
          can go out tomorrow or Sunday afternoon...

          Thanks,

          Barbara
        • Barry
          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 2, 2006
            Would you like to try and do all of the caches in the park? If so,
            then we should get an early start tomorrow. Or if you just want to
            get as many as you can within a "reasonable" time, either day is
            fine with me. There are 9 geocaches in BSP. Two are multi's that
            are pretty nice but each has several legs. I'm up for redoing them
            all if you are.

            There is a 50% chance of rain on Sunday, so maybe tomorrow is better.

            <bjdukette@...> wrote:

            > Hey Barry!
            >
            > I haven't done Bastrop State Park yet! However, I just remembered
            > that I have a mandatory field trip I have to take on Saturday.
            But I
            > can go out tomorrow or Sunday afternoon...
            >
            > Thanks,
            >
            > Barbara

          • Rich and Di Michelson
            Message 5 of 6 , Nov 2, 2006
              Be aware that Moosiegirl's cache in BSP is missing.  It's Pine something...  Rich and Lou went out there Wednesday and couldn't find it, the area has been raked.  Some letterboxes are missing too.

              --Di

              Message 6 of 6 , Nov 3, 2006
                It would have been on the ground. *sob!*
                Funny story.
                Apparently it's gone "missing" before.
                We say "missing" because we found the original cache after the new one had been placed.
                But this is almost a year ago.

                <bjdukette@...> wrote:

                > Hey Barry!
                >
                > I haven't done Bastrop State Park yet! However, I just remembered
                > that I have a mandatory field trip I have to take on Saturday.
                But I
                > can go out tomorrow or Sunday afternoon...
                >
                > Thanks,
                >
                > Barbara

                Actually, the true gourmet, like the true artist, is one of the unhappiest creatures existent. His trouble comes from so seldom finding what he constantly seeks: perfection. --Ludwig Bemelmans