Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] OT: For all you computer people out there...

    Message 1 of 15 , Nov 2, 2006
      what sort of work?
      My curiosity is generally pretty patient. =g=

      On Tue, 31 Oct 2006 11:39:55 -0600 "Renee" <zenfire@...> writes:

      I have a form that I get through work that uses Julian dates and I have to compare that date to dates on other forms that I get.  I need to use the later date so I have to know which date is which.

      Lots of fun (not!) and moderately complicated…  At least too complicated to try to explain here…

      Renee/zenfire

      Message 2 of 15 , Nov 2, 2006

        LOL…  You crack me up!

        I work for a company that has a contract with TMHP (Texas Medicaid) and I enter Medicaid claims.  We have several forms that we have to work with and they each have dates.  One of the forms uses a Julian date but the others use regular dates.  I have to use the most recent date of the valid forms so I have to be able to compare the dates.  This would be the simplified explanation…  The challenge comes in when I have to correct the crazy stuff that the other operators enter!

        It really sounds a lot more interesting than it really is!  It’s actually quite boring.  I just do it because I can work from home with a really flexible schedule and that works with my schedule right now (kids, doctors, etc.).  I’m flattered that you’re so interested!  Thanks!

        Renee/zenfire

        My curiosity is generally pretty patient. =g=

      • Renee
        Message 3 of 15 , Nov 2, 2006

          BTW…  I really want to thank everyone for their suggestions for my Julian date conversion issue.  I haven’t had time to try any of them yet between doctors, Karate, work, and other things!  I will get to them though and give feedback on which one is most efficient.

          Renee

              I don’t know why they use the Julian date on this one form.  It’s just a way of life at this point…  I guess they use it in another format on one of the other forms we get – forgot about that one.  That one’s even more of a pain (2 digit year, a letter representing 0, 1, 2, or 3, and two more digits – 06a23 would be 06023 or the 23rd day of 2006).  I don’t see this one near as often as I see the other one.

              Oh, the fun we have!

              @,.-:*'``'*: -.,@,.-:* '``'*:-., @

              Message 6 of 15 , Nov 4, 2006
                Someone maybe thought it was a better way of tracking -- they don't consider the data entry implications.
                Yup, pure joy!
                (Hopefully they pay on time!)

                Message 7 of 15 , Nov 4, 2006

                  Oh, they absolutely pay on time.  Every two weeks in my checking account.  It’s not a whole lot but when you add in gas, clothes, lunch, and aggravation it beats driving in to the office!  And I do it in my PJs!!

                  My curiosity is generally pretty patient. =g=

                  Actually, the true gourmet, like the true artist, is one of the unhappiest creatures existent. His trouble comes from so seldom finding what he constantly seeks: perfection. --Ludwig Bemelmans

                  Regret for wasted time is more wasted time. --Mason Cooley

                  Message 8 of 15 , Nov 5, 2006
                    woo woo!