Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Milestones!

  • Mary Beth Booth
    Message 1 of 20 , Oct 30, 2006
      I wanna go to Hawaii. I think I am stuck in Jersey.
      MB
      (emmy-n-sapphie)

      Message 2 of 20 , Aug 14, 2013
        From recent logs, I noticed the following milestones:

        bartman914 - #2000 on Get Well HiDude_98 #9
        thebobcats - #4000 on the Texas 50 State Star series
        Mrs_HiDude - #11,000 on Another brick in the wall !!!!

        I am sure there are a lot more, but those are the ones I personally
        saw in my email box.

        Congrats to you all and to those that have reached new milestones
        recently!

        Hope everyone's caching streak this month is still going strong!

        -paul
        HiDude_98
        Message 3 of 20 , Aug 14, 2013
          woo hoo!!! all 'round!
          BarbJ/Tygress

          bartman914 - #2000 on Get Well HiDude_98 #9
          thebobcats - #4000 on the Texas 50 State Star series
          Mrs_HiDude - #11,000 on Another brick in the wall !!!!

          I am sure there are a lot more, but those are the ones I personally
          saw in my email box.

          Congrats to you all and to those that have reached new milestones
          recently!

          Hope everyone's caching streak this month is still going strong!

          -paul
          HiDude_98

          <*> Your email settings:
             Individual Email | Traditional

          <*> To change settings online go to:
             (Yahoo! ID required)

          <*> To change settings via email:

          30-second trick for a flat belly
          TheFatBurningHormone.com
          Message 4 of 20 , Aug 14, 2013
            Congrats to Bartman, The Bobcats, and Mrs_HiDude!

            Russ the Waterweasel

            Message 5 of 20 , Aug 14, 2013
              Congrats/Tillykke!!

              You guys are the best!!!

              Shawn/s6sputnik

              In a message dated 8/14/2013 11:06:00 A.M. Central Daylight Time, gumbietygress@... writes:

              woo hoo!!! all 'round!
              BarbJ/Tygress

              Message 6 of 20 , Aug 14, 2013
                Wahoo!!

                Great job!   I will try to get the website updated.

                Just on a side note:

                If you see "EvanCool" on a log, this is my son!  He has own account and is learning the ropes.  He might be going premium soon!  He intends to pass his Dad up - we shall see if this happens! :)

                Greg Jewett
                Geocacher Handle:  GeoJewett
                (512) 627-7290
                geojewett (at) geocachingaustin.com
                http://geocaching.ejewett.com/

                On Aug 14, 2013, at 10:36 am, Paul Albers <palbers@...> wrote:

                From recent logs, I noticed the following milestones:

                bartman914 - #2000 on Get Well HiDude_98 #9
                thebobcats - #4000 on the Texas 50 State Star series
                Mrs_HiDude - #11,000 on Another brick in the wall !!!!

                I am sure there are a lot more, but those are the ones I personally
                saw in my email box.

                Congrats to you all and to those that have reached new milestones
                recently!

                Hope everyone's caching streak this month is still going strong!

                -paul
                HiDude_98

              • alan_tagit
                Message 7 of 20 , Aug 15, 2013
                  Incredible!
                  J and I are inching toward 600 (only...)
                  Congratulations y'all!

                  Message 8 of 20 , Aug 15, 2013
                    Hey, we all got there 1 at a time.
                    It's not the speed, it's the enjoyment of each find (and the friendships) keep us going.

                    BarbJ/Tygress

                    J and I are inching toward 600 (only...)
                    Congratulations y'all!

                    --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Paul Albers <palbers@...> wrote:

                    >  From recent logs, I noticed the following milestones:
                    >
                    > bartman914 - #2000 on Get Well HiDude_98 #9
                    > thebobcats - #4000 on the Texas 50 State Star series
                    > Mrs_HiDude - #11,000 on Another brick in the wall !!!!
                    >
                    > I am sure there are a lot more, but those are the ones I personally
                    > saw in my email box.
                    >
                    > Congrats to you all and to those that have reached new milestones
                    > recently!
                    >
                    > Hope everyone's caching streak this month is still going strong!
                    >
                    > -paul
                    > HiDude_98

                    <*> Your email settings:
                       Individual Email | Traditional

                    <*> To change settings online go to:
                       (Yahoo! ID required)

                    <*> To change settings via email:

                    30-second trick for a flat belly
                    TheFatBurningHormone.com
                  • Paul Albers
                    Message 9 of 20 , Aug 15, 2013
                      Milestones are completely individual and every one is big and important. The beauty is we
                      get to celebrate them with all our caching friends. Those that are a higher milestone once
                      celebrated the one you are reaching. Those that are at a lower milestone get to marvel and
                      have something to maybe one day attain. It is just awesome!

                      Congrats and enjoy your soon to be 600th find milestone!

                      -paul
                      HiDude_98

                      Message 10 of 20 , Aug 15, 2013
                        Well said Barb and Paul.

                        The journey has been pretty cool for Julie and I.

                        We were just up in KS, NE, IO, and SD the first week or so in Aug and besides visiting family and friends and enjoying a wonderful vaca, we did make it a priority get at least a cache a day. And we managed a few State souviners too.

                        Tom

                        Message 11 of 20 , Aug 15, 2013
                          There you go.
                          The top 3 coolest things about geocaching for me are (in order)
                          1. The people I've met (our geocaching friends are some of the best ever!!!!)
                          2. The 'backstage tour' -- geocaching takes us to wonderful things and spots we would have otherwise missed
                          3. And THEN the joy of finding the hidden ... come on, we all like solving the puzzle/finding the 'treasure'!

                          That's my list!
                          Yours is probably different -- and that's great!

                          BarbJ/Tygress

                          The journey has been pretty cool for Julie and I.

                          We were just up in KS, NE, IO, and SD the first week or so in Aug and besides visiting family and friends and enjoying a wonderful vaca, we did make it a priority get at least a cache a day. And we managed a few State souviners too.

                          Tom

                          --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Paul Albers <palbers@...> wrote:

                          > Milestones are completely individual and every one is big and important.
                          > The beauty is we
                          > get to celebrate them with all our caching friends. Those that are a
                          > higher milestone once
                          > celebrated the one you are reaching. Those that are at a lower milestone
                          > get to marvel and
                          > have something to maybe one day attain. It is just awesome!
                          >
                          > Congrats and enjoy your soon to be 600th find milestone!
                          >
                          > -paul
                          > HiDude_98
                          >
                          > alan_tagit wrote:
                          >

                          > > Incredible!
                          > > J and I are inching toward 600 (only...)
                          > > Congratulations y'all!

                          <*> Your email settings:
                             Individual Email | Traditional

                          <*> To change settings online go to:
                             (Yahoo! ID required)

                          <*> To change settings via email:

                          New BlackBerry® Z10
                          Discover the BlackBerry Z10, built to keep you moving. Get it today.
                          BlackBerry.com
                        • Greg Jewett

                            Message 13 of 20 , Aug 15, 2013
                              I am always amazed at the high milestones and I want congratulate everyone who reached theirs this month. That being said, I'm pretty proud to say that we reached a goal of ours last week: 500 finds.  It seems so small compared to thousands found, but each one that we've found has a special meaning for me, mostly because it was with my kids.  When we hit the milestone I went  back to look at some of the pictures from our first finds and the boys were so little!  And it wasn't all that long ago when we started. They have asked me what my favorite find has been out of the 500 and I honestly can't say because even the "special" ones have been numerous!   (Although defeating Dark Lord Sauron does stand out a bit more!)

                              The best advice I received from this group was early on...(I don't remember who said it)...It was that everyone plays the game how they choose to play it so don't worry about what anyone else is doing. Just have fun and be safe.   We live by that rule every time we cache.

                              Christa
                              (Mom of the Cacherats!)

                            Message 14 of 20 , Aug 15, 2013
                              500! That's a WONDERFUL milestone!!!!
                              I'm no good at tracking milestones at the time -- I notice them when I'm logging. The only one I could tell you off the top of my head is my 1000th -- because it was Ebenezer Cemetery and it was SNOWING (think A Christmas Carol). Never mind that it was the day before Easter!!!! In CenTex!!!! [Lovely pictures of Waterweasel in the bbbbbblue (and snow-covered) bonnets.

                              I think most of us here will tell you to play YOUR game and not fret others'. True, if they're messing up GZs and caches, then fret. Otherwise, make the game your own and have FUN!

                              So WOOO WOOO on your 500!!!! Sing out and have a Hawaiian Ice to celebrate!!!!

                              BarbJ = any excuse for a Hawaiian ice (wink!) = Tygress

[...]

                              Don't print this e-mail unless it's necessary.Save a tree

                                Message 16 of 20 , Aug 19, 2013
                                  Christa - congrats on reaching 500! I hit 500 myself on 7/3 and feel the same way you do. I remember almost every cache in detail, who I was with (mostly my daughter), what the weather was like etc.
                                  Its a great game!

                                  Amy (GS589)

                                  Message 17 of 20 , Aug 20, 2013
                                    Congrats to you, too, Amy!
                                    (is barneycats your handle? I have a very squiffy memory for names *le sigh*)

                                    BarbJ/Tygress

                                    Message 18 of 20 , Aug 20, 2013

                                      Thanks, Amy!  We have really loved playing.  I'm sad that school is starting because we don't get to go as much during the school year.  Congrats to you on you 500!   And best wishes for many more!!
                                      Christa