GSAK/GC.COM Question?

  • lowelldennis
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 5, 2006
      I recently went out and finished the Getting the Goose series. Ended
      up finding 29 caches in one day. While small compared to some of you,
      it represents the most finds I've ever had in one day.

      This leads me to my questions ...

      1) Is there a way in GSAK to select a group of caches and in one fell
      swoop mark them as found? All I have been able to do is mark them one
      at a time.

      2) Is there a way to log multiple finds with GC.COM in one pass, or do
      I have to go to each cache and log them individually?

      3) When you go caching as a group, is there a way to log everyone's
      finds together?

      Thanks,

      Lowell aka Cyberclops
    • Perrine, Julie
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 5, 2006

        No, there is no “auto log” widely available, I thought you were required to write unique, individual and humorous logs for each and every cache you find.  Now you can imagine what I face every Sunday night!!!!!

        Cheers!

        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 5, 2006

          On Thu, 5 Oct 2006 09:47:27 -0500 "Perrine, Julie"
          <julie.perrine@...> writes:
          No, there is no "auto log" widely available, I thought you were required
          to write unique, individual and humorous logs for each and every cache
          you find.  Now you can imagine what I face every Sunday night!!!!!

          Cheers!

          Well, *I* think logging should be more than TFTC.... but you wouldn't be the first group to call me a lunatic
          (and certainly, even by my own standards, I'm an extremist -- even Russ was awed that I did unique logs for all the Geese).

          Besides, when someone writes me and asks: Where the heck was that cache?!?
          It's only a unique log that allows me to remember what/where I was!

          Ah well, Julie, *I* appreciate your efforts!!!!
        • semperquestio
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 5, 2006
            > 1) Is there a way in GSAK to select a group of caches and in one fell
            > swoop mark them as found? All I have been able to do is mark them one
            > at a time.

            Yes, you can do this in GSAK using the gloabla replace option in the
            Database pulldown menu although it isn't really worth the trouble.
            First, you'ld have to get all the caches you did into 1 subset with a
            filter or something. But if you have to click the user flag box and
            then select the user flag filter, you may as well click the found box
            and select the found filter.

            > 2) Is there a way to log multiple finds with GC.COM in one pass, or do
            > I have to go to each cache and log them individually?

            I have seen ways to do this automatically if you do paperless caching
            with cachemate, but i don't do it so I can't tell you how. I still
            make my found notes on a notepad and key them in. As much as I like
            my PDA, I hate trying to write in the fool thing.

            > 3) When you go caching as a group, is there a way to log everyone's
            > finds together?

            No. Each must do their own.