A New One-Day Record!

  • Julie Perrine
    Message 1 of 19 , Sep 13, 2006

      TreyB and I just got back from a Cache Dache to Chicago where we set a personal record of 125 caches found in a day!  Not only did we find 125 caches, but we had another goal that day which was to find a cache in Wisconsin, so we had to travel a good distance that day.  There was also a steady rain for most of the day and early on during the hardest rain, I didn't think we were going to make it, but we did!

      I know alot of people are curious about how we go about doing this, and all I can say is that we've been practicing.  We work as a team and know our roles.  We have alot of patience and we're flexible enough to change the plan as many times as it needs changing.  Do we have it planned out before we go?  Nope!  And we both agreed that if it stopped being fun, we would stop.

      So for the trip, we hit 5 states, 173 total caches, new personal records, an APE cache, cached with some locals and saw lots of great scenery.

      I know its not for everyone, and I don't want to diminish the value of any one else's numbers, especially if you've been working for two years to hit 125!  Power caching is just another way of playing this little game.  I just wanted to share my exciting trip with you all.  It was pretty cool.

      Cheers!
      Julie

    • Nick Silkey
      Message 2 of 19 , Sep 13, 2006
        So bring those skills to GeekFest. Share and share alike. While I
        dont think I would be power-caching anytime in the near future, I
        would love to know the mechanics of how its achieved.

        On 9/13/06, Julie Perrine <mrscaptainpicard@...> wrote:

        > TreyB and I just got back from a Cache Dache to Chicago where we set a personal record of 125 caches found in a day! Not only did we find 125 caches, but we had another goal that day which was to find a cache in Wisconsin, so we had to travel a good distance that day. There was also a steady rain for most of the day and early on during the hardest rain, I didn't think we were going to make it, but we did!
        >
        > I know alot of people are curious about how we go about doing this, and all I can say is that we've been practicing. We work as a team and know our roles. We have alot of patience and we're flexible enough to change the plan as many times as it needs changing. Do we have it planned out before we go? Nope! And we both agreed that if it stopped being fun, we would stop.
        >
        > So for the trip, we hit 5 states, 173 total caches, new personal records, an APE cache, cached with some locals and saw lots of great scenery.
        >
        > I know its not for everyone, and I don't want to diminish the value of any one else's numbers, especially if you've been working for two years to hit 125! Power caching is just another way of playing this little game. I just wanted to share my exciting trip with you all. It was pretty cool.
        >
        > Cheers!
        > Julie

      • Peter M. Maurer
        Message 3 of 19 , Sep 13, 2006
          Congrats!

          But can you hide 125 caches in one day?

          --Pete (DrHogg)

        • palbers@austin.rr.com
          Message 4 of 19 , Sep 13, 2006
            Awesome!! I look forward to hearing about the adventure too.

            Power caching may not be for everyone, but I'm willing to
            try it out from time to time :)

            That is an amazing amount of caches for one day. WTG!!

            -paul
            HiDude_98

            > TreyB and I just got back from a Cache Dache to Chicago where we
            > set a
            > personal record of 125 caches found in a day! Not only did we
            > find 125
            > caches, but we had another goal that day which was to find a cache in
            > Wisconsin, so we had to travel a good distance that day. There
            > was also a
            > steady rain for most of the day and early on during the hardest
            > rain, I
            > didn't think we were going to make it, but we did!
            >
            > I know alot of people are curious about how we go about doing
            > this, and all
            > I can say is that we've been practicing. We work as a team and
            > know our
            > roles. We have alot of patience and we're flexible enough to
            > change the
            > plan as many times as it needs changing. Do we have it planned
            > out before
            > we go? Nope! And we both agreed that if it stopped being fun, we
            > wouldstop.
            >
            > So for the trip, we hit 5 states, 173 total caches, new personal
            > records, an
            > APE cache, cached with some locals and saw lots of great scenery.
            >
            > I know its not for everyone, and I don't want to diminish the
            > value of any
            > one else's numbers, especially if you've been working for two
            > years to hit
            > 125! Power caching is just another way of playing this little
            > game. I just
            > wanted to share my exciting trip with you all. It was pretty cool.
            >
            > Cheers!
            > Julie

          • Richard Young
            Message 5 of 19 , Sep 13, 2006
              Congrats too.

              But can you get 125 approved in one day?

              ---------------------------------

              At 09:59 PM 9/13/2006, you wrote:

[...]

              http://mail.yahoo.com
            • Renee
              Message 6 of 19 , Sep 13, 2006

                All I can say is ---  Holy Cow!!!!  Way to go!

[...]

              • Chris, Penny, Logan, Liahm, Xena, Gabrie
                Message 7 of 19 , Sep 13, 2006
                  It sounds like you guys had a blast!  Congrats on 6K and the #1 spot in TX MCP!

                  Penny
                  cpnowak

                      Message 10 of 19 , Sep 14, 2006

                        I’m sure being in the number one spot will be short-lived.  I hear Wayne and Trey are interviewing potential dates for me right now so I’ll not be so interested in geocaching.  That might work!

                        Message 11 of 19 , Sep 14, 2006
                          congrats!

                          On Wed, 13 Sep 2006 21:59:45 -0500 "Julie Perrine" <mrscaptainpicard@...> writes:

[...]

                          @,.-:*'``'*:-.,@
                          It is better for civilization to be going down the drain than to be coming up it. --Henry Allen
                          @,.-:*'``'*:-.,@
                          A rumor without a leg to stand on will get around some other way. --John Tudor
                          Message 12 of 19 , Sep 14, 2006
                            There are a lot of cute and very nice fellows in Anything Goes......

                            On Thu, 14 Sep 2006 08:01:37 -0500 "Perrine, Julie" <julie.perrine@...> writes:

                            I’m sure being in the number one spot will be short-lived.  I hear Wayne and Trey are interviewing potential dates for me right now so I’ll not be so interested in geocaching.  That might work!

                          • Anthony V
                            Message 13 of 19 , Sep 14, 2006
                              When is the party????? Lets see if we can drink 125 beers in one day? LOL

                              Anthony

                              Message 14 of 19 , Sep 14, 2006

                                Been there, done that!  The majority of our caches on our record day were in the BoB series (Bottles of Beer).  How many?  99!!!!  The remaining 26 caches were CoC caches (Cups of Coffee)

                                Julie

                                @,.-:*'``'*: -.,@
                                It is better for civilization to be going down the drain than to be coming up it. --Henry Allen
                                @,.-:*'``'*: -.,@
                                A rumor without a leg to stand on will get around some other way. --John Tudor

                              • Trey Bielefeld
                                Message 15 of 19 , Sep 14, 2006
                                  The party is Friday, September 22 at the It's OK....Fall is HERE!! event!

                                  Message 16 of 19 , Sep 14, 2006
                                    I WILL BE THERE!!!!!!!

                                    Anthony

                                    Message 17 of 19 , Sep 14, 2006
                                      CoC is more my speed ... or Sonic Limeades!

                                      On Thu, 14 Sep 2006 13:44:00 -0500 "Perrine, Julie" <julie.perrine@...> writes:

                                      Been there, done that!  The majority of our caches on our record day were in the BoB series (Bottles of Beer).  How many?  99!!!!  The remaining 26 caches were CoC caches (Cups of Coffee)

                                      Julie

                                      (Message over 64 KB, truncated)

                                    • Finley, Steve
                                      Message 18 of 19 , Sep 14, 2006
                                        Speaking of speed, my first thought was that MCP must have been traveling at Warp 9 for her record-setting power caching trip.  <grin>

                                        On Thu, 14 Sep 2006 13:44:00 -0500 "Perrine, Julie" <julie.perrine@ amd.com> writes:

[...]

                                        Humor is just another defense against the universe. --Mel Brooks
                                        The men with the muck-rakes are often indispensable to the well-being of society, but only if they know when to stop raking the muck. --Theodore Roosevelt

                                      • Perrine, Julie
                                        Message 19 of 19 , Sep 14, 2006

                                          That’s what the cops who’ve written me FOUR speeding tickets in the last year told me!

                                          Sigh.