Most hides?

  • inspectorgadget@skywonders.com
    Message 1 of 13 , Sep 12, 2006
      All,

      With all the talk of most finds, I'm curious as to who has the most hides, which seems to be a stat not oft mentioned. Why? Without the hides where would we be??

      So I'd like to see who of our 'listeners' has the most hides??? So we can all say a BIG THANK YOU!!!!

      I myself have 8 (counting Pennysized ones which I maintain). Please include archived ones and ones you maintain that may not be under your name in your count.

      I wonder who will take the top prize??? Can this info be easily found somehow on GC.com?? Will it ever be added to cacherstats.com??

      Dan (Inspector Gadget)
      p.s. thus far 'winning' with 8! ;-)
    • Cindy
      Message 2 of 13 , Sep 12, 2006
        Cybercat's profile states she has hidden 286 caches. I think this includes archived caches.  I'm sure she'll have 300 hidden in no time.  Sounds like a cause for celebration!

        I personally would like to thank everyone that has hidden caches for me, particularly her. I think 90% of my first 250 caches were hidden by her!

        Cindy

      • palbers@austin.rr.com
        Message 3 of 13 , Sep 12, 2006
          There are some sights that keep these stats, and I believe
          that King Boreas has the most with 1114 hides. Here in
          Central Texas we have Dr. Hogg with 336 and cybercat with
          286. Other hiders in Texas that I recognize are: 9key with
          343, Sandbassking & Queen with 300, Pepper with 161, sawdust
          with 144, perseid88 with 144, Sono/Rad with 140, cpnowak with
          138, macbusters with 136, and many others that I have either
          missed or will miss listing if I continue.

          I have just 57, but hope to hide more soon. Oh, my Tush Brother
          Loopy ( GeoMire ) has 69.

          Definitely a big thanks to all that have taken the time to hide
          those caches and maintain them for the rest of us. I hear stories
          of back when there were just a handful in all of Central Texas. It
          is great to still have 1700 caches still on my list to find within
          100 miles of my house.

          -paul
          HiDude_98

          > With all the talk of most finds, I'm curious as to who has the
          > most hides, which seems to be a stat not oft mentioned. Why?
          > Without the hides where would we be??
          >
          > So I'd like to see who of our 'listeners' has the most hides???
          > So we can all say a BIG THANK YOU!!!!
          >
          > I myself have 8 (counting Pennysized ones which I maintain).
          > Please include archived ones and ones you maintain that may not be
          > under your name in your count.
          >
          > I wonder who will take the top prize??? Can this info be easily
          > found somehow on GC.com?? Will it ever be added to cacherstats.com??
          >

          > Dan (Inspector Gadget)
          > p.s. thus far 'winning' with 8! ;-)

        • Richard Young
          Message 4 of 13 , Sep 12, 2006
            Good topic...
            My hide count is 38(1 Terra Cache and 1 on that other
            site from years ago, what was it called?). Many of
            those are out in the hinterlands so you folks may not
            see them unless your travels take on a road trip.
            Taking your guest to an interesting place, good hike
            or entertaining them with a puzzle that has a reward
            at the end should, IMHO, be the goal of the hide.
            Cache on,
            Dick

            --- Cindy <cindyfrag@...> wrote:

            > Cybercat's profile states she has hidden 286 caches.
            > I think this includes
            > archived caches. I'm sure she'll have 300 hidden in
            > no time. Sounds like a
            > cause for celebration!
            >
            > I personally would like to thank everyone that has
            > hidden caches for me,
            > particularly her. I think 90% of my first 250 caches
            > were hidden by her!
            >
            > Cindy
            >
            > On 9/12/06, inspectorgadget@...
            > <inspectorgadget@...>
            > wrote:
            >
            > > All,
            > >
            > > With all the talk of most finds, I'm curious as to
            > who has the most hides,
            > > which seems to be a stat not oft mentioned. Why?
            > Without the hides where
            > > would we be??
            > >
            > > So I'd like to see who of our 'listeners' has the
            > most hides??? So we can
            > > all say a BIG THANK YOU!!!!
            > >
            > > I myself have 8 (counting Pennysized ones which I
            > maintain). Please
            > > include archived ones and ones you maintain that
            > may not be under your name
            > > in your count.
            > >
            > > I wonder who will take the top prize??? Can this
            > info be easily found
            > > somehow on GC.com?? Will it ever be added to
            > cacherstats.com??
            > >
            > > Dan (Inspector Gadget)
            > > p.s. thus far 'winning' with 8! ;-)

            http://mail.yahoo.com
          • uecker
            Message 5 of 13 , Sep 12, 2006
              144 hides for me and 36 more on the Terracache site. And not a single parking lot light pole among them. (Not that there is anything wrong with that)

              That is about 6.6 hides for every find. I think that may be skewed by archived caches and finds that I forgot to log. (I do that sometimes only to discover them later)

              I try to stay well over 1 hide for every 10 finds.

              We each have our own approach to this game. I'm glad it works out for everyone. Have you seen the event posted up in Dallas? 5K/5 for Geo Dee's 5000 finds vs 5 hides. We're just glad we could help.
              Perseid88
              Phil

            • Nick Silkey
              Message 6 of 13 , Sep 12, 2006
                On 9/12/06, Richard Young <rtyoungster@...> wrote:
                > Many of
                > those are out in the hinterlands so you folks may not
                > see them unless your travels take on a road trip.

                Speaking of which, bring back No Garbage. :)
              • Richard Young
                Message 7 of 13 , Sep 12, 2006
                  Have you attempted it? Let's talk off line!

                  --- Nick Silkey <nsilkey@...> wrote:

                  > On 9/12/06, Richard Young <rtyoungster@...>
                  > wrote:
                  > > Many of
                  > > those are out in the hinterlands so you folks may
                  > not
                  > > see them unless your travels take on a road trip.
                  >
                  > Speaking of which, bring back No Garbage. :)

                  http://mail.yahoo.com
                • Lowell Dennis
                  Message 8 of 13 , Sep 12, 2006
                    I have 16 hides, but that is small potatoes to others. Taking into consideration the goose series and the quick sax series, Geomire has at least 61!

                    With all the talk of most finds, I'm curious as to who has the most hides, which seems to be a stat not oft mentioned. Why? Without the hides where would we be??

                    So I'd like to see who of our 'listeners' has the most hides??? So we can all say a BIG THANK YOU!!!!

                    I myself have 8 (counting Pennysized ones which I maintain). Please include archived ones and ones you maintain that may not be under your name in your count.

                    I wonder who will take the top prize??? Can this info be easily found somehow on GC.com?? Will it ever be added to cacherstats. com??

                    Dan (Inspector Gadget)
                    p.s. thus far 'winning' with 8! ;-)

                    No banners. No pop-ups. No kidding.
                  • cybercat
                    Message 9 of 13 , Sep 12, 2006
                      I think I have 286, and one pending so that would be 287
                      Jana
                      I have 16 hides, but that is small potatoes to others. Taking into consideration the goose series and the quick sax series, Geomire has at least 61!

                      With all the talk of most finds, I'm curious as to who has the most hides, which seems to be a stat not oft mentioned. Why? Without the hides where would we be??

                      So I'd like to see who of our 'listeners' has the most hides??? So we can all say a BIG THANK YOU!!!!

                      I myself have 8 (counting Pennysized ones which I maintain). Please include archived ones and ones you maintain that may not be under your name in your count.

                      I wonder who will take the top prize??? Can this info be easily found somehow on GC.com?? Will it ever be added to cacherstats. com??

                      Dan (Inspector Gadget)
                      p.s. thus far 'winning' with 8! ;-)

                      No banners. No pop-ups. No kidding.
                      Make My Way your home on the Web - http://www.myway. com

                    • Bob Chernow
                      Message 10 of 13 , Sep 12, 2006
                        Although maybe not the most aggressive goal, my target is to hide one for every 25 finds. As of now I have 15 that I have hid and 1 that I have become a co-owner of to provide maintenance so I am ok till I get to 400 finds. Since that will probably be by this weekend I better get out there and hide a few soon. Gotta go.............

                        bobchernow

                        Message 11 of 13 , Sep 12, 2006

                          About King Boreas' caches, we went to Minnesota last June for visiting our sons. We were shocked to see his hide stats of 999 at this time. His total of the finds is about 300 less than his total of hides. Our caching schedule was limited to find few caches. We found 13 caches. We regreted that we posted two DNFs on his caches. We kicked ourselves that we were unable to find at least one of his caches during limited time.

                          We got  the special geocoins to commemorate his 1000th hide. We had not met him in person. We will visit Minnesota again later since our two boys are in the same college in St. Paul. We hope to find some of his hides.

                          Richard and Natalie

                          There are some sights that keep these stats, and I believe
                          that King Boreas has the most with 1114 hides. Here in
                          Central Texas we have Dr. Hogg with 336 and cybercat with
                          286. Other hiders in Texas that I recognize are: 9key with
                          343, Sandbassking & Queen with 300, Pepper with 161, sawdust
                          with 144, perseid88 with 144, Sono/Rad with 140, cpnowak with
                          138, macbusters with 136, and many others that I have either
                          missed or will miss listing if I continue.

                          I have just 57, but hope to hide more soon. Oh, my Tush Brother
                          Loopy ( GeoMire ) has 69.

                          Definitely a big thanks to all that have taken the time to hide
                          those caches and maintain them for the rest of us. I hear stories
                          of back when there were just a handful in all of Central Texas. It
                          is great to still have 1700 caches still on my list to find within
                          100 miles of my house.

                          -paul
                          HiDude_98

                          > With all the talk of most finds, I'm curious as to who has the
                          > most hides, which seems to be a stat not oft mentioned. Why?
                          > Without the hides where would we be??
                          >
                          > So I'd like to see who of our 'listeners' has the most hides???
                          > So we can all say a BIG THANK YOU!!!!
                          >
                          > I myself have 8 (counting Pennysized ones which I maintain).
                          > Please include archived ones and ones you maintain that may not be
                          > under your name in your count.
                          >
                          > I wonder who will take the top prize??? Can this info be easily
                          > found somehow on GC.com?? Will it ever be added to cacherstats. com??
                          >

                          > Dan (Inspector Gadget)
                          > p.s. thus far 'winning' with 8! ;-)

                        • Peter M. Maurer

                            Message 13 of 13 , Sep 13, 2006
                              Gosh, I didn't know anyone besides myself and SBK had more than 300
                              hides in Texas. Looks like he'll take the lead soon. Good luck buddy!

                              Regarding King Boreas, he's a real nice fella! He and I recently
                              traded hides - I hid a cache for him here in Texas and he hid one
                              for me in Minnesota. His goal is to have a hide in all 50 states.

                              --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Deafdillos"