ammo cans in Austin area

  • Candy Lind
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 25, 2002
      Hi folks. I poked around looking for ammo cans in Austin and found
      two possibilities right away. A place called Quonset Hut near 29th
      and Guadalupe has the following:
      50 cal. $8.50
      50 cal fuze can, half size larger than 50 cal can, $13.50
      30mm can, very large 24.99.

      Then there is Round Rock Army Store, at the corner of N Mays and
      Texas Ave (almost to Old Settlers (3406), best to exit there and go
      back south if you have to drive a ways to get there). They had 50
      cal. for $6.95, and the smaller (60 cal? heck if I know) for $4.95.
      For a weather-proof hide, I think those are real good prices to pay.

      RR Army store also does sharpening of all kinds of knives -- pocket,
      Bowie, fishing/fillet, hunting/skinning, kitchen butcher/paring,
      straight or serrated edges. Most all straight edges are $3 and
      serrated are $4.

      If you know of other places to get ammo cans, please speak up! Thanks.

      Happy Trails,
      Candy
    • Mark Gessner
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 25, 2002
        Banana Bay on 29th and Lamar has good ammo cans for cheap, in several
        sizes. Also mail order best place I found for ammo cans of all sizes
        was cheaperthandirt.com, up in Fort Worth. Even with shipping they're
        still a good deal. They also have good prices on ammo as well, go
        figure.

        I like using ammo cans as geocaches, they seem to protect the contents
        from moisture better than tupperware. Many of the caches in this area
        have so much stuff in them that the tupperware lids won't seal anymore.

        -mark
        aka "lowracer"

        On Monday, November 25, 2002, at 03:50 PM, Candy Lind wrote:

        > Hi folks. I poked around looking for ammo cans in Austin and found
        > two possibilities right away.
      • Roger Banks
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 26, 2002
          When the SAXET Gunshow comes to town every month you
          can get ammo cans there. $5 for the 30 cal and $6 for
          the 50 (No tax either). You do have to pay a $5
          entrance fee though so it's only a good deal if you
          plan to stock up.

          -- Roger

          --- Mark Gessner <mgessner@...> wrote:
          > Banana Bay on 29th and Lamar has good ammo cans for
          > cheap, in several
          > sizes. Also mail order best place I found for ammo
          > cans of all sizes
          > was cheaperthandirt.com, up in Fort Worth. Even
          > with shipping they're
          > still a good deal. They also have good prices on
          > ammo as well, go
          > figure.
          >
          > I like using ammo cans as geocaches, they seem to
          > protect the contents
          > from moisture better than tupperware. Many of the
          > caches in this area
          > have so much stuff in them that the tupperware lids
          > won't seal anymore.
          >
          > -mark
          > aka "lowracer"
          >
          > On Monday, November 25, 2002, at 03:50 PM, Candy
          > Lind wrote:
          >
          > > Hi folks. I poked around looking for ammo cans in
          > Austin and found
          > > two possibilities right away.

          =====
          Uncle Rojelio