Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Greetings and a question

  • Peter M. Maurer
    Message 1 of 11 , Sep 6, 2006
      I loved the Goose. I'm not into quality, I'm into quantity.

      --Pete (DrHogg)

      At 08:42 AM 9/6/2006, you wrote:

      No offense to GeoMire - but Getting the Gooose was one of the worst days we had geocaching. We only did the last half, but every one of them was exactly like every other one. If you sole goal is to increase your smiley count, then the Goose is for you. But there are so many amazingly inventive caches in Austin (like Mike's science series or the multitude of very clever puzzle caches y'all have thought up in your diabolically -twisted minds), and caches in beautiful places (like Emma Long Park, BC Greenbelt, etc), that I would hate for an out-of-towner to think all we do here is tie non-camo'd film canisters to fence posts.
      That's my 2 cents. Like I said, the Goose series serves a purpose, but I don't think it is the best showcase for what geocaching in Austin is really like.
      Mary Beth