Re: STAG: RE: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Brain

  • Mary Beth Booth
    Message 1 of 11 , Sep 3, 2006
      Pat's been working on BulletCard off & on for a few days now. I told her that if Mike, Paul,  Dan & Curtis had trouble with it, we might as well forget it. We will never figure it out.

      Mary Beth
      emmy-n-sapphie

      Message 2 of 11 , Sep 3, 2006
        It's really not that bad if you read and re-read the story. And don't get yourself stuck on an idea (like with caching, iit can't be in that hole covered in ants, could it?)

        Also:
        -- Google is your friend
        -- Wikipedia is your friend
        -- Excel is your friend

        It's nice to have friends!

        Dan (inspector gadget)

      • Stratman And The Hoot
        Message 3 of 11 , Sep 3, 2006
          Message
          Well, you can't really put me in a category with those guys!  I'm honored that you did though :)  I'm a moron when it comes to this stuff.  I get real lucky sometimes.  That's about it.  I think you are going to need to replace my name with MCP as she seems to find a way to solve everything too!  Sometimes I think she is smart, but then I remember that she voted democrat, so I guess not.  She must just be luckier than me :)

          Stratman/Curtis/Republican (for the most part)
          Pat's been working on BulletCard off & on for a few days now. I told her that if Mike, Paul,  Dan & Curtis had trouble with it, we might as well forget it. We will never figure it out.

          Mary Beth
          emmy-n-sapphie

          :)  I'm not smart enough to do Bulletcard yet.  I'm waiting for some time when the Hoot doesn't have anything to do so he can work on that one, the Stones for Miles and Miles one, and the Roman Sownd one.  I did really enjoy the story on Bulletcard though and will probably look at it more soon, especially knowing that the puzzle will be as cool as the story.

          Curtis/Stratman

          Wow! That one is very similar to my It's a Small World one-- GCWXCC -- I swear I hadn't seen yours when I did mine!

          Try it and I'll try yours, although you only get one smiley with mine.... but you really need to do BulletCard!

          Dan (Inspector Gadget)

        • Lowell Dennis
          Message 4 of 11 , Sep 10, 2006
            Dan (Inspector Gadget)

            I wanted to check out your list but I can not seem to find you on GC.COM. The one "inspector gadget" I found has one find in Tennesee, no hides, and no bookmark lists. What am I missing?

            Lowell aka Cyberclops

[...]

            No banners. No pop-ups. No kidding.
          • inspectorgadget@skywonders.com
            Message 5 of 11 , Sep 10, 2006
              It's 'inspectorgadget' (one word) -- and I didn't post the link sorry.

              Here's the link: http://www.geocaching.com/bookmarks/view.aspx?guid=02fab59b-5289-4fb5-b968-d1c7a5107881

              I'm still working on more puzzles to do so I can add them to the list but right now my brain is a bit fried from my 3pm soccer game this afternoon with NO SHADE. I'm lucky I can remember how to type!!

              Which reminds me: ACL WILL BE HOT NEXT WEEKEND!! It's a Texas tradition unfortunately! So bring your shade and your water! (and your mask).

              Dan (inspectorgadget)

            • mzmotomania
              Message 6 of 11 , Sep 11, 2006
                No spaces. ;) inspectorgadget http://tinyurl.com/gqgjq

                --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Lowell Dennis"

                inspectorgadget@... > wrote:From: [mailto: inspectorgadget@...]
                To: CentralTexasGeocachers@...: Fri, 01 Sep 2006 12:59:38 -
                0500Subject: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Brain Ticklish

                > All,(Immediately close this message if you are not of the puzzle-
                solving ilk, do it now or I will not be held responsible for any
                repercussions).......( I mean it, close this message now if you
                never felt the crazy compulsion to solve every cryptogram or sodoku
                you see. It's simply not everyone's cup of tea. Whatever floats your
                boat.)........If you enjoy puzzle caches (and puzzles) like I do be
                sure to check out 'Call Me Bulletcard', which is a REALLY FUN one to
                solve: GCY01AI've decided to create a new bookmark list called "IG's
                Brain Tickle Puzzle Cache List" which contains thus far my favorite
                puzzle-solving caches that I've actually done. Don't be offended if
                your awesome puzzle cache isn't on this list, I'm sure I enjoyed it,
                just not in a the brain tickle kind of way.Incidentally, you may
                notice that I don't have too many on this list. I want to add more
                but need some guidance:Does someone have a good puzzle cache
                bookmark list similar to BANDA's "Austin Area Night
                > Caches" list?Also, how do you link to someone else's bookmark
                list??Any puzzle cache recommendations that might be out of
                my 'hood? I typically stay in Oak Hill area but now there aren't
                that many left (sound familiar?).Thanks for your input.Dan
                (Inspector Gadget)

                > No banners. No pop-ups. No kidding.
                > Make My Way your home on the Web - http://www.myway.com

              • Mary Beth Booth
                Message 7 of 11 , Sep 11, 2006
                  If you are not a computer/engineering guru, only try "Call me BulletCard" if you are a masochist. I know from experience.. read the log.

                  Mary Beth
                  (emmy-n-sapphie)

                  > Dan (Inspector Gadget) I wanted to check out your list but I can
                  not seem to find you on GC.COM. The one "inspector gadget" I found
                  has one find in Tennesee, no hides, and no bookmark lists. What am
                  I missing? Lowell aka Cyberclops-- - On Fri 09/01, &lt;
                  inspectorgadget@ ... &gt; wrote:From: [mailto: inspectorgadget@ ...]
                  To: CentralTexasGeocach ers@...: Fri, 01 Sep 2006 12:59:38 -