Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Skyline Stash REMOVED

  • Nick Silkey
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 1, 2006
      If I had to venture a guess, I would suspect that the CoA deemed this
      hide to be within preserve bounds.

      All the maps (Yahoo/Mapquest/Google/MapPoint) dont show the cache as
      being within the bounds of Wild Basin, but the Geocaching.com cache
      map (the old one, not the Google Maps one) shows this cache as within
      Vireo Park.

      http://www.geocaching.com/map/getmap.aspx?lat=30.316917&lon=-97.819383

      A little digging has turned up that Vireo Park is more than just a
      park; its another nature preserve! Right next to Wild Basin.

      http://www.ci.austin.tx.us/parks/parkmaps/images/vireo_preserve.jpg

      Good for the Warblers, bad for the Geocachers...