Skyline Stash REMOVED

  • Dick Young
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 1, 2006
      Just got the following log notice..I'll check into the removal one of
      the three oldest caches in Austin. What's up with this?
      Cache on,

      Location: Texas, United States
      watts_tx couldn't find Skyline Stash (Traditional Cache) at 9/1/2006

      Log Date: 9/1/2006
      Well so much for the lunchtime cache dash. I made it to the coords
      but found a note saying that the cache had been removed by the city of
      Austin.
    • Bob Chernow

        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 1, 2006
          If I had to venture a guess, I would suspect that the CoA deemed this
          hide to be within preserve bounds.

          All the maps (Yahoo/Mapquest/Google/MapPoint) dont show the cache as
          being within the bounds of Wild Basin, but the Geocaching.com cache
          map (the old one, not the Google Maps one) shows this cache as within
          Vireo Park.

          http://www.geocaching.com/map/getmap.aspx?lat=30.316917&lon=-97.819383

          A little digging has turned up that Vireo Park is more than just a
          park; its another nature preserve! Right next to Wild Basin.

          http://www.ci.austin.tx.us/parks/parkmaps/images/vireo_preserve.jpg

          Good for the Warblers, bad for the Geocachers...