Brain Ticklish

  • inspectorgadget@skywonders.com
    Message 1 of 11 , Sep 1, 2006
      All,

      (Immediately close this message if you are not of the puzzle-solving ilk, do it now or I will not be held responsible for any repercussions)

      .
      .
      .
      .
      .
      .
      .
      ( I mean it, close this message now if you never felt the crazy compulsion to solve every cryptogram or sodoku you see. It's simply not everyone's cup of tea. Whatever floats your boat.)
      .
      .
      .
      .
      .
      .
      .
      .
      If you enjoy puzzle caches (and puzzles) like I do be sure to check out 'Call Me Bulletcard', which is a REALLY FUN one to solve: GCY01A

      I've decided to create a new bookmark list called "IG's Brain Tickle Puzzle Cache List" which contains thus far my favorite puzzle-solving caches that I've actually done. Don't be offended if your awesome puzzle cache isn't on this list, I'm sure I enjoyed it, just not in a the brain tickle kind of way.

      Incidentally, you may notice that I don't have too many on this list. I want to add more but need some guidance:

      Does someone have a good puzzle cache bookmark list similar to BANDA's "Austin Area Night Caches" list?
      Also, how do you link to someone else's bookmark list??
      Any puzzle cache recommendations that might be out of my 'hood? I typically stay in Oak Hill area but now there aren't that many left (sound familiar?).

      Thanks for your input.

      Dan (Inspector Gadget)
    • Stratman And The Hoot
      Message 2 of 11 , Sep 2, 2006
        Message
        I'm not real sure why I kept reading on that e-mail since I hate puzzle caches, but I did.

        I have a few that might tickle your brain (not to strum my own strat)...  There is a whole series of puzzle caches that start with the word F.L.O.P. - For Lovers of Puzzles.  My favorite (of my own) though is Filler Buster, which is a puzzle based on some of the fine puzzles and regular caches that Filler & Bcat have done (which I also like a lot).  It looks like you already did the Amnesia series.  I can't remember if I ever found them but I think I really liked the puzzles.  I see that you also did that one by those two freaks called GanderMire.  That one apparently sparked a few new puzzle ideas.  There are a couple of other weirdoes up here in Pflugerville that have been doing some magnificent puzzle caches:  Cyberclops and Uncle Fluffy.  Check those out if you haven't already.  And if you haven't seen the Essiar puzzles yet...those are SURE to tickle something in one way or another!  Most of his caches inspired me.

        I will be sure to check out the puzzle caches that you have bookmarked.  Like I said, I hate them...until I figure them out...then they turn out to be the coolest! :)

        I'll bet HiDude_98 could point you to some clever puzzles.  He has solved all of the puzzle caches in the USA plus created a few doozies himself, one of which I have already killed about a week failing at :)  I would skip it if it weren't the top item on my list...DOH!

        See ya on the trail,
        Stratman / Curtis

        Message 3 of 11 , Sep 3, 2006
          Wow! That one is very similar to my It's a Small World one-- GCWXCC -- I swear I hadn't seen yours when I did mine!

          Try it and I'll try yours, although you only get one smiley with mine.... but you really need to do BulletCard!

          Dan (Inspector Gadget)

        • Stratman And The Hoot
          Message 4 of 11 , Sep 3, 2006
            Message
            :)  I'm not smart enough to do Bulletcard yet.  I'm waiting for some time when the Hoot doesn't have anything to do so he can work on that one, the Stones for Miles and Miles one, and the Roman Sownd one.  I did really enjoy the story on Bulletcard though and will probably look at it more soon, especially knowing that the puzzle will be as cool as the story.

            Curtis/Stratman

            Wow! That one is very similar to my It's a Small World one-- GCWXCC -- I swear I hadn't seen yours when I did mine!

            Try it and I'll try yours, although you only get one smiley with mine.... but you really need to do BulletCard!

            Dan (Inspector Gadget)

          • Mary Beth Booth
            Message 5 of 11 , Sep 3, 2006
              Pat's been working on BulletCard off & on for a few days now. I told her that if Mike, Paul,  Dan & Curtis had trouble with it, we might as well forget it. We will never figure it out.

              Mary Beth
              emmy-n-sapphie

              Message 6 of 11 , Sep 3, 2006
                It's really not that bad if you read and re-read the story. And don't get yourself stuck on an idea (like with caching, iit can't be in that hole covered in ants, could it?)

                Also:
                -- Google is your friend
                -- Wikipedia is your friend
                -- Excel is your friend

                It's nice to have friends!

                Dan (inspector gadget)

              • Stratman And The Hoot
                Message 7 of 11 , Sep 3, 2006
                  Message
                  Well, you can't really put me in a category with those guys!  I'm honored that you did though :)  I'm a moron when it comes to this stuff.  I get real lucky sometimes.  That's about it.  I think you are going to need to replace my name with MCP as she seems to find a way to solve everything too!  Sometimes I think she is smart, but then I remember that she voted democrat, so I guess not.  She must just be luckier than me :)

                  Stratman/Curtis/Republican (for the most part)
                  Pat's been working on BulletCard off & on for a few days now. I told her that if Mike, Paul,  Dan & Curtis had trouble with it, we might as well forget it. We will never figure it out.

                  Mary Beth
                  emmy-n-sapphie

                  :)  I'm not smart enough to do Bulletcard yet.  I'm waiting for some time when the Hoot doesn't have anything to do so he can work on that one, the Stones for Miles and Miles one, and the Roman Sownd one.  I did really enjoy the story on Bulletcard though and will probably look at it more soon, especially knowing that the puzzle will be as cool as the story.

                  Curtis/Stratman

                  Wow! That one is very similar to my It's a Small World one-- GCWXCC -- I swear I hadn't seen yours when I did mine!

                  Try it and I'll try yours, although you only get one smiley with mine.... but you really need to do BulletCard!

                  Dan (Inspector Gadget)

                • Lowell Dennis
                  Message 8 of 11 , Sep 10, 2006
                    Dan (Inspector Gadget)

                    I wanted to check out your list but I can not seem to find you on GC.COM. The one "inspector gadget" I found has one find in Tennesee, no hides, and no bookmark lists. What am I missing?

                    Lowell aka Cyberclops

[...]

                    No banners. No pop-ups. No kidding.
                  • inspectorgadget@skywonders.com
                    Message 9 of 11 , Sep 10, 2006
                      It's 'inspectorgadget' (one word) -- and I didn't post the link sorry.

                      Here's the link: http://www.geocaching.com/bookmarks/view.aspx?guid=02fab59b-5289-4fb5-b968-d1c7a5107881

                      I'm still working on more puzzles to do so I can add them to the list but right now my brain is a bit fried from my 3pm soccer game this afternoon with NO SHADE. I'm lucky I can remember how to type!!

                      Which reminds me: ACL WILL BE HOT NEXT WEEKEND!! It's a Texas tradition unfortunately! So bring your shade and your water! (and your mask).

                      Dan (inspectorgadget)

                    • mzmotomania
                      Message 10 of 11 , Sep 11, 2006
                        No spaces. ;) inspectorgadget http://tinyurl.com/gqgjq

                        --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Lowell Dennis"

                        inspectorgadget@... > wrote:From: [mailto: inspectorgadget@...]
                        To: CentralTexasGeocachers@...: Fri, 01 Sep 2006 12:59:38 -
                        0500Subject: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Brain Ticklish

                        > All,(Immediately close this message if you are not of the puzzle-
                        solving ilk, do it now or I will not be held responsible for any
                        repercussions).......( I mean it, close this message now if you
                        never felt the crazy compulsion to solve every cryptogram or sodoku
                        you see. It's simply not everyone's cup of tea. Whatever floats your
                        boat.)........If you enjoy puzzle caches (and puzzles) like I do be
                        sure to check out 'Call Me Bulletcard', which is a REALLY FUN one to
                        solve: GCY01AI've decided to create a new bookmark list called "IG's
                        Brain Tickle Puzzle Cache List" which contains thus far my favorite
                        puzzle-solving caches that I've actually done. Don't be offended if
                        your awesome puzzle cache isn't on this list, I'm sure I enjoyed it,
                        just not in a the brain tickle kind of way.Incidentally, you may
                        notice that I don't have too many on this list. I want to add more
                        but need some guidance:Does someone have a good puzzle cache
                        bookmark list similar to BANDA's "Austin Area Night
                        > Caches" list?Also, how do you link to someone else's bookmark
                        list??Any puzzle cache recommendations that might be out of
                        my 'hood? I typically stay in Oak Hill area but now there aren't
                        that many left (sound familiar?).Thanks for your input.Dan
                        (Inspector Gadget)

                        > No banners. No pop-ups. No kidding.
                        > Make My Way your home on the Web - http://www.myway.com

                      • Mary Beth Booth
                        Message 11 of 11 , Sep 11, 2006
                          If you are not a computer/engineering guru, only try "Call me BulletCard" if you are a masochist. I know from experience.. read the log.

                          Mary Beth
                          (emmy-n-sapphie)

                          > Dan (Inspector Gadget) I wanted to check out your list but I can
                          not seem to find you on GC.COM. The one "inspector gadget" I found
                          has one find in Tennesee, no hides, and no bookmark lists. What am
                          I missing? Lowell aka Cyberclops-- - On Fri 09/01, &lt;
                          inspectorgadget@ ... &gt; wrote:From: [mailto: inspectorgadget@ ...]
                          To: CentralTexasGeocach ers@...: Fri, 01 Sep 2006 12:59:38 -