Oh Dear Lord, what have I done? :)

  • semperquestio
    Message 1 of 12 , Aug 30, 2006
      Well, my trusty SporTrak finally busted at the point where the battery
      screw-post attaches. It still holds, but just barely. So it's just a
      matter of time before it won't hold at all. Goodbye old friend. :(

      So, just a few moments ago, I signed on to Amazon.com and ordered a
      60CSx with the City Navigator v8.

      As an FYI, Amazon also has a trial on the Premium membership going.
      Part of that is that for 3 month you get free 2-day shipping. So I
      took advantage of that to boot and I should have my new toy Saturday!

      For anyone comparing prices, here's the skinny...
      60CSx: $395.41 - $50.00 rebate, net cost $345.51
      Software: $109.95

      I also picked up...
      Car power adapter - $14.99
      Neoprene Case - $17.14

      Amazon also has other accessories pretty reasonably priced.

      SQ
    • Nick Silkey
      Message 2 of 12 , Aug 30, 2006
        The most important question you can ask yourself is if Mama SQ knows
        of your purchase or not. :)

        On 8/30/06, semperquestio <sq@...> wrote:
        > Well, my trusty SporTrak finally busted at the point where the battery
        > screw-post attaches. It still holds, but just barely. So it's just a
        > matter of time before it won't hold at all. Goodbye old friend. :(
        >
        > So, just a few moments ago, I signed on to Amazon.com and ordered a
        > 60CSx with the City Navigator v8.
        >
        > As an FYI, Amazon also has a trial on the Premium membership going.
        > Part of that is that for 3 month you get free 2-day shipping. So I
        > took advantage of that to boot and I should have my new toy Saturday!
        >
        > For anyone comparing prices, here's the skinny...
        > 60CSx: $395.41 - $50.00 rebate, net cost $345.51
        > Software: $109.95
        >
        > I also picked up...
        > Car power adapter - $14.99
        > Neoprene Case - $17.14
        >
        > Amazon also has other accessories pretty reasonably priced.
        >
        > SQ
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • semperquestio
        Message 3 of 12 , Aug 30, 2006
          Yup, she do. And she's quite cool with it!

          We use the GPS a lot both in our normal travels and when outside our
          normal stomping grounds. The bigger and better screen, more current
          maps, auto-routing, and electronic compass will all be very nice tools
          to be at our disposal.

          --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Nick Silkey"
          <nsilkey@...> wrote:

          > The most important question you can ask yourself is if Mama SQ knows
          > of your purchase or not. :)
          >
          > On 8/30/06, semperquestio <sq@...> wrote:
          > > Well, my trusty SporTrak finally busted at the point where the battery
          > > screw-post attaches. It still holds, but just barely. So it's just a
          > > matter of time before it won't hold at all. Goodbye old friend. :(
          > >
          > > So, just a few moments ago, I signed on to Amazon.com and ordered a
          > > 60CSx with the City Navigator v8.
          > >
          > > As an FYI, Amazon also has a trial on the Premium membership going.
          > > Part of that is that for 3 month you get free 2-day shipping. So I
          > > took advantage of that to boot and I should have my new toy Saturday!
          > >
          > > For anyone comparing prices, here's the skinny...
          > > 60CSx: $395.41 - $50.00 rebate, net cost $345.51
          > > Software: $109.95
          > >
          > > I also picked up...
          > > Car power adapter - $14.99
          > > Neoprene Case - $17.14
          > >
          > > Amazon also has other accessories pretty reasonably priced.
          > >
          > > SQ
          > >

          > > Yahoo! Groups Links

        • Mary Beth Booth
          Message 4 of 12 , Aug 31, 2006
            You made it sound so enticing....

            I signed my work contract for another year yesterday, my birthday was last week, I don't have any kids to put through college... what the hell - I just will buy it. I've been eyeing it for quite a while. So thanks SQ and Mike for finding this great deal on Amazon. Bought the Garmin 60CSx and the nav software. Should be here next week. Then I can return the GPS that I have been borrowing for 13+ months. Can't wait - I'll blow through the next 46 to get to 500 (probably wishful thinking - I can't even figure out Amensia 1).

            Mary Beth

            (emmy-n-sapphie)

            Message 5 of 12 , Aug 31, 2006
              Mine is goinna be delivered tomorrow. I get the whole long weekend
              (IF I don't get called in) to play with it! WOO-HOO! :)

              --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Mary Beth Booth"
              <mbb2001@...> wrote:

              > You made it sound so enticing....
              >
              > I signed my work contract for another year yesterday, my birthday
              was last week, I don't have any kids to put through college... what
              the hell - I just will buy it. I've been eyeing it for quite a while.
              So thanks SQ and Mike for finding this great deal on Amazon. Bought
              the Garmin 60CSx and the nav software. Should be here next week. Then
              I can return the GPS that I have been borrowing for 13+ months. Can't
              wait - I'll blow through the next 46 to get to 500 (probably wishful
              thinking - I can't even figure out Amensia 1).

              > Mary Beth
              >
              > (emmy-n-sapphie)

            • Mike
              Message 6 of 12 , Aug 31, 2006
                Mary Beth - you won't regret it, the 60CSx is a great toy. Call if you
                need any assistance with the software/maps etc etc.

                I'll even give you hints to Amnesia if I can remember what they are. :-)

                Mike

                <mbb2001@...> wrote:

                > You made it sound so enticing....
                >
                > I signed my work contract for another year yesterday, my birthday
                was last week, I don't have any kids to put through college... what
                the hell - I just will buy it. I've been eyeing it for quite a while.
                So thanks SQ and Mike for finding this great deal on Amazon. Bought
                the Garmin 60CSx and the nav software. Should be here next week. Then
                I can return the GPS that I have been borrowing for 13+ months. Can't
                wait - I'll blow through the next 46 to get to 500 (probably wishful
                thinking - I can't even figure out Amensia 1).

                > Mary Beth
                >
                > (emmy-n-sapphie)

              • Richard Young
                Message 7 of 12 , Aug 31, 2006
                  Garmin has a $50 rebate for the 60csx and others.
                  Check it out on their webpage, Garmin.com, following
                  the links to rebates. this may have already been
                  posted, if so, disregard.

                  http://mail.yahoo.com
                • Stratman And The Hoot
                  Message 8 of 12 , Sep 1, 2006
                    Message
                    Hey Mary Beth,

                    I am willing to help you with the Amnesia puzzle cache!  First, you need.... oh, wait..... that was a different cache.  Oh yeah.  Once you load that web page and stare at the coordinates for a while, you will notice that ......  I forgot what I was going to say.

                    Oh yeah!   Okay.  Look at the blank spot on that page.  Then look back at the coordinates.  Then, if I remember correctly, all you have to do is.....man!  I just can't remember!  Wait!  Did I even do that cache?  Is there a cache?  There was one?  It sucks getting old!

                    Curtis/Stratman

                  • inspectorgadget@skywonders.com
                    Message 9 of 12 , Sep 1, 2006
                      Curtis,

                      I thought you had found the cure? Did you use up the vial already?? Or did you forget where you put it?

                      Dan (Inspector Gadget)

                    • Mary Beth Booth
                      Message 10 of 12 , Sep 1, 2006
                        Thanks to one and all for your offers for help on the amnesia cache. Mike (the owner) took pity on me & sent me a poem with a hint. The light bulb went off - that's about the biggest "Duh!" moment I have had geocaching. I was blaming the heat for this brain fog, but if it gets cooler, what can I blame then....

                        MB

                        (emmy-n-sapphie)

                        Message 11 of 12 , Sep 1, 2006
                          Message
                          Oh yeah!  I forgot about the vial!  Now, where did I put that thing!

                          I thought you had found the cure? Did you use up the vial already?? Or did you forget where you put it?

                          Dan (Inspector Gadget)

                        • semperquestio
                          Message 12 of 12 , Sep 1, 2006
                            There was a vial? I don't remember any stinkin' vial! :)

                            --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Stratman And The Hoot"