Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] This weather

    Message 1 of 10 , Aug 29, 2006
      Wish I did -- been there, done that.
      And while job hunting is a full time job, you need something to take your mind off the stresses of it, too. [Without paying out too much in gas, of course.] It's something you can do together, all the better! Because, well, there are only so many hours in a day that you can send out resumes.

      My other suggestion, since IT is a packed field to find work in, is to think about other possibilities to put your skills toward. But I'm a weirdo, I've worked in many fields, from retail to software to ghost writing.... Thinking Good Thinks!

      On Tue, 29 Aug 2006 12:17:44 -0500 "Michael Heiting" <mheiting@...> writes:

      Hey all,

      I have never sent out a note to ya’ll before but this note triggered a response.  I got laid off at the end of June and have been job hunting since then.  My wife and I have done some geocaching but I feel guilty when I do that instead of job hunting (having her along helps).  Does any one have any help or leads for an out of work IT Manager?

      Mike Heiting (mheiting)

      Message 2 of 10 , Aug 29, 2006
        Greetings from Amarillo where the high today was maybe
        78. Made me think I was in the mountains...well the
        mountains here are shorter but the weather is great.
        Glad to hear Capitol City is cooler...
        Cache on,

        --- "A Allen (SEMIK)" <al_allen327@...> wrote:

        > Is anybody else out there cursing their need for
        > their paycheck over
        > geocaching?? The temp outside is so perfect for
        > geocaching!!!!! ugh,
        > would give almost anything to do what I do from home
        > on a more
        > flexible schedule!!!!

        http://mail.yahoo.com
      • mda_taz
        Message 3 of 10 , Aug 30, 2006
          We thought everyone had gone out of town on vacation and didn't see
          FIVE new caches. The Old Wise One has a CITI Coin in it.

          mda_taz

          --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Stratman And The
          Hoot" <StratmanAndTheHoot@...> wrote:

          > Is it just me or are all of you afraid to go after SEMIK's and
          mda_taz's new
          > caches? I think they are up to something no good. I think they
          have
          > planned some sort of joke, or ambush, and if there really is a
          cache there,
          > it is a trap.
          >
          > They are sick individuals and you should all beware.
          >

          > Or... what the heck is up!!?!??!???!???!???!???! Nobody wants an
          FTF
          > anymore???
          >
          > I have just loaded those waypoints into my gpsr and I am giving you
          this
          > warning. Tomorrow morning, I am taking the long way to work, and I
          am going
          > to snatch up four more FTFs. I wasn't going after them, but geez!
          Three