On my way to CAMP JEEP in Wisconsin!!! + Help moving a TB to New Braunfels!!!

  • Tanya Phillips
    Message 1 of 13 , Aug 3, 2006
      Hello,
      I am going up to Wisconsin (hope it's cooler) on sunday for a week
      to work at Camp Jeep. Our company provides a geo-course that is run
      as a mini competition 3 days of jeep camp. 5 competitions in all
      with 5 teams of 8 people each racing around to win cool prizes.
      THis is our 3rd year providing this activity to Camp Jeep. I am
      hiring 3 wisconsin cachers to help out with the course.

      Anyways, I heard that one of the prizes to EACH competitor will be a
      Jeep TB, but I was told they were BIGGER than we've previously
      encountered. ARE the new green ones bigger than the white ones?

      I am wondering just how big these prize TBs will be and if they are
      REALLY TBs. I am just curious, of course I will find out soon. I
      am hoping if they are a REAL TB, AND they are different than the
      GREEN Jeeps just being released, I can bring some home to TEXAS. Of
      course depending on size, we may need some REALLY BIG caches to put
      them in, or I guess it just travel to events and get lost in an
      event cache ;P

      Hey, I have a TB that needs to go to New Braunfels and I keep
      thinking I will go that direction, but we are just too busy. Is
      anyone near me available to pick it up or meet me and get it moving
      toward some castle cache in New Braunfels? HELP!!!

      The guilt is getting overwhelming, but we can start moving into our
      new place as of today, and the big moving as of August 13th, so I am
      even busier for the next few weeks. AAAaaaaugghh, not to mention i
      won't be in TEXAS the 6-13th!!!!

      Thanks in advance for your help moving the TB!

      Tanya
      Gadget Girl
      SW Austin/Oak Hill
    • geomire@themires.com
      Message 2 of 13 , Aug 3, 2006
        The green jeeps are the size of the yellow jeeps. 1/3 the size of the white ones.

        -Chris
        GeoMire

        Message 3 of 13 , Aug 3, 2006
          On 8/3/06, geomire@... <geomire@...> wrote:
          > -Chris
          > GeoMire
          > Sent via BlackBerry from Cingular Wireless

          You punted the Treo?!
        • Cindy

            Message 5 of 13 , Aug 3, 2006
              Not by choice!

              I HATE MY CRACKBERRY!!!

              From: "Nick Silkey" <nsilkey@...>
              Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2006 08:50:56
              To:CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com

              On 8/3/06, geomire@themires.: <mailto:geomire%40themires.com> com <geomire@themires.: <mailto:geomire%40themires.com> com> wrote:
              > -Chris
              > GeoMire
              > Sent via BlackBerry from Cingular Wireless

              You punted the Treo?!
            • Terry Carter
              Message 6 of 13 , Aug 3, 2006
                Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] On my way to CAMP JEEP in Wisconsin!!! + Help moving a TB to New Braunfels!!!

                Hey.... I like my "Barbie Laptop"
                Terry (Uncle Fluffy)
                --------------------------
                From my Barbie laptop (www.BlackBerry.net)

                > Sent via BlackBerry from Cingular Wireless

                You punted the Treo?!

              • Perrine, Julie
                Message 7 of 13 , Aug 3, 2006

                  I’m caching with Tanya tomorrow, and I’m going to the event, too.  I’ll be glad to make the exchange.

                  Julie

                  Message 8 of 13 , Aug 3, 2006
                    As a GPS the TREO rocks. Are you using the Blackberry as a GPS?

                    geomire@... wrote:

                    Not by choice!

                    I HATE MY CRACKBERRY!! !

                    From: "Nick Silkey" <nsilkey@gmail. com>
                    Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2006 08:50:56
                    To:CentralTexasGeocach ers@yahoogroups. com

                    On 8/3/06, geomire@themires. : <mailto:geomire% 40themires. com> com <geomire@themires. : <mailto:geomire% 40themires. com> com> wrote:
                    > -Chris
                    > GeoMire
                    > Sent via BlackBerry from Cingular Wireless

                    You punted the Treo?!

                  • bill thater
                    Message 9 of 13 , Aug 3, 2006
                      On 8/3/06, geomire@... <geomire@...> wrote:
                      > Not by choice!
                      >
                      > I HATE MY CRACKBERRY!!!

                      and just why? i was given one on one of my last jobe and liked it.
                      but maybe that was because then i didn't have to interact with some of
                      the people i was working with at the time.;-)

                      Bill "Shrek" Thater ORACLE DBA
                      shrekdba@...
                      Magic is Real -- unless declared an integer
                      John P.Melvin
                    • Terry Carter
                      Message 10 of 13 , Aug 3, 2006
                        Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] On my way to CAMP JEEP in Wisconsin!!! + Help moving a TB to New Braunfels!!!

                        Yup. Problem is that sometimes it's dead on and other times it's 200 feet off. It's always slow on the GPS side. The good side? I always have it with me and I can search for caches and log them while I walk AND the company pays for it. Hey, I just found another cache and got paid for it!

                        Terry (Uncle Fluffy)
                        --------------------------
                        From my Barbie laptop (www.BlackBerry.net)

                        As a GPS the TREO rocks. Are you using the Blackberry as a GPS?

                        geomire@... <mailto:geomire@...>  wrote:

                                Not by choice!

                                I HATE MY CRACKBERRY!!!

                                From: "Nick Silkey" <nsilkey@... <mailto:nsilkey%40gmail.com> >
                                Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2006 08:50:56
                                To:CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com <mailto:CentralTexasGeocachers%40yahoogroups.com

                        Message 11 of 13 , Aug 3, 2006
                          No, just for email & phone...

                          -Chris

                          From: Bob Chernow <bobchernow@...>
                          Date: Thu, 03 Aug 2006 10:40:46
                          To:CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com
                          Subject: Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] On my way to CAMP JEEP in Wisconsin!!!
                          + Help moving a TB to New Braunfels!!!

                          As a GPS the TREO rocks. Are you using the Blackberry as a GPS?

                          geomire@themires.: <mailto:geomire@...> com wrote:

                          Not by choice!

                          I HATE MY CRACKBERRY!!!

                          From: "Nick Silkey" <nsilkey@gmail.: <mailto:nsilkey%40gmail.com> com>
                          Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2006 08:50:56
                          To:CentralTexasGeocach: <mailto:CentralTexasGeocachers%40yahoogroups.com> ers@yahoogroups.com

                        • inspectorgadget@skywonders.com
                          Message 12 of 13 , Aug 3, 2006
                            Speaking of TBs, I guess everyone's planning to plant their new Jeeps somewhere else? I haven't seen in any caches near me..... I didn't order one, so when oh when can I play??

                            Dan (inspectorgadget)

                            Message 13 of 13 , Aug 3, 2006
                              Yeah! Share the love!

                              (please)

                              On Thu, 03 Aug 2006 17:04:46 -0500 <inspectorgadget@...>
                              writes:
                              > Speaking of TBs, I guess everyone's planning to plant their new Jeeps
                              > somewhere else? I haven't seen in any caches near me..... I didn't
                              > order one, so when oh when can I play??
                              >
                              > Dan (inspectorgadget)

                              Diet and exercise, diet and exercise, always together, like they're
                              joined at the artificial hip. Can't it be one or the other? Or my
                              favorite, neither? -- Maxine (John Wagner); It's not Menopause... I'm
                              Just Like This