Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] TB's and Coins at Events???

    Message 1 of 28 , Aug 1 5:24 AM
      yes

      @,.-:*'``'*:-.,@
      Message 2 of 28 , Aug 1 5:27 AM
        sounds like whoever picked them up hasn't logged them yet
        (SOME people are less than quick that way =gentle smile=) Or they drop into the bottom of a cache bag.... many things happen to stall a TB/coin on its trek.
        You might see who attended and query them.

        On Mon, 31 Jul 2006 22:59:32 -0500 "Philip C. Mason" <dragonscale365@...> writes:
        Here is my question....
        I have two coins on my watchlist that on their coin page say that their location
        is still in the event called Spring Fling Pavillion Potluck-Texas Cachers
        that took place back in 4/8/2006. Is it still supposed to say that now that
        the event has been over for some 3 months or so?
        And yes, I did need to make it to an event soon.
        It sounds like Bob and I need to carpool.

        Phil

        @,.-:*'``'*: -.,@

        Message 3 of 28 , Aug 1 6:04 AM
          Geocoins must be activated to be tracked and that does include "Discovering".  It also includes your personal inventory.
          Russ the waterweasel

          BTW, do you know about the event this coming Sunday at Duke's in Georgetown?  Barb (The Tygress) and I will be at that one. <G>

          Message 4 of 28 , Aug 1 6:05 AM
            I'd drop an e-mail to the last person holding the coins and ask them to clarify their status.

            > Since I have never been to an event before I need some explanation. I
            >
            > just saw Semik drop some TB's into the 10K 10way. How is this done?
            > What
            > does this mean? Who gets the coins/TBs. How do you find them?
            > Discover
            > them? I am very confused but I have a few coins and TB's I might
            > drop if
            > I know what that meant.
            >
            > bobchernow

            Bob, what typically happens is we bring our stashes of TBs.
            People can Discover them (note the tag #s -- without the tag #, you're
            lost), and log them without actually taking posession.
            Other people swap out the actual TBs. e.g. You take Gnarly Grunge Dude,
            drop him into the event, but take home Really Cute Puppy Mutt (which you
            would then log as Retrieved, just as you would from a cache).

            Some of us bring our geocoin hoards to let people look at, but they never
            leave the owners' possession (though duplicates may be swapped between
            collections)

            Helpful?

            It's a good way for bugs with specific missions to get furthered along:
            "Anyone going to Hawaii?" cool!
            (Or for you to just get rid of that nagging baggage, being that TBs don't
            fit in most micro caches)

            [Oh, and to be "Discovered" a coin/travel bug doesn't necessarily need to
            be dropped -- though that helps link the association/ mileage to the
            event. Believe me, unless I can figure out a subroutine, I don't think
            I'll be dropping our geocoin hoard into any events, though we'll bring
            them to be admired/discovered. ... not to the 10Way, sadly... THREE other
            things going on.]

            It's really much simpler than it sounds.

            @,.-:*'``'*: -.,@
            The West was changing, and so was I. No, looking back, I have to thank
            old Roy for teaching me that when you fall from your horse, you climb
            back in the saddle and plow ahead. From Butch [Cassidy], I figured out
            that what I wanted to be was my own man -- just a good guy with a few bad
            habits. --Jimmy Buffett; "A Salty Piece of Land"

          • Bob Chernow
            Message 5 of 28 , Aug 1 7:29 AM
              If you are talking about the Badger event, yes, and I am planning on
              making an appearance. See you there.

              Message 6 of 28 , Aug 1 8:24 AM
                Yep, that's the one.  See you there!

                The Waterweasel mka Russ

                Russ Jernigan wrote:

                > Geocoins must be activated to be tracked and that does include
                > "Discovering" . It also includes your personal inventory.
                > Russ the waterweasel
                >
                > BTW, do you know about the event this coming Sunday at Duke's in
                > Georgetown? Barb (The Tygress) and I will be at that one. <G>

              • fRoGsKiN
                Message 7 of 28 , Aug 3 8:30 PM
                  --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Chris Mire"
                  <geocache@...> wrote:

                  > My fellow Tush Brother has passed another milestone. This time the 2000
                  > cache mark... Woo Hoo!!!

                  Shiat, I am still lookin for 50 LOL.. My find to hide ratio is like
                  1/3. I'm on the trails the next few weeks! Congrats my technical brutha!