HiDude_98 passes 2000 cache mark...

  • Chris Mire
    Message 1 of 28 , Jul 12, 2006
      My fellow Tush Brother has passed another milestone. This time the 2000
      cache mark... Woo Hoo!!!
    • Julie Perrine
      Message 2 of 28 , Jul 12, 2006
        'The air gets rare up there!
        Congratulations!

        On 7/12/06, Chris Mire <geocache@...> wrote:

        My fellow Tush Brother has passed another milestone. This time the 2000
        cache mark... Woo Hoo!!!

      • A Allen (SEMIK)
        Message 3 of 28 , Jul 12, 2006
          Congratulations to HiDude_98 on yet another milestone. Wow! 2000
          caches found!

          Paul, you're a real powerhouse cacher. After caching with you several
          times it comes as no surprise to us that you are able to find so many
          caches -- its like you have xray vision, a 6th sense for hidey holes
          and a pure genius for puzzle solutions! We're proud to be a part of
          your statistics and hope to continue to be a part of them!

          Next thing you know ya'll, we'll be throwing a 5K party for THIS guy...

          Congrats again,
          Audra and Matthew
          semik and mda_taz

          --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Chris Mire"

          Message 4 of 28 , Jul 12, 2006
            Woo Hoo indeed!
            A tribute to the mighty Hi_Dude98 has been posted as a note on The Rock
            That Rolls -- the results of events that have left my son EMBARASSED to
            call us parents, me Laughing Out Loud (LMAOASTC, actually), and Russ is
            BLUSHING, I tell you.... oh dear oh dear oh dear.....

            CONGRATULATIONS, Paul.... I'm drooling over your car, btw.... clearly it
            comes with hyperdrive and time warp standard????

            On Wed, 12 Jul 2006 09:21:45 -0000 "Chris Mire" <geocache@...>
            writes:
            > My fellow Tush Brother has passed another milestone. This time the
            > 2000
            > cache mark... Woo Hoo!!!
            >

            > Yahoo! Groups Links

            @,.-:*'``'*:-.,@
            The secret of life is not to do what you like, but like what you do.
            --American Proverb
            @,.-:*'``'*:-.,@
            It is requisite for the relaxation of the mind that we make use, from
            time to time, of playful deeds and jokes. --Thomas Aquinas
          • Renee
            Message 5 of 28 , Jul 12, 2006

              OMG you’re up early!!  Or is that late?...  LOL

              Great job HiDude!

              Renee/zenfire

              My fellow Tush Brother has passed another milestone. This time the 2000
              cache mark... Woo Hoo!!!

            • Barry
              Message 6 of 28 , Jul 12, 2006
                Congrats Paul! When's the party and how much food will there be for
                me to eat... lol....

                Doc Geo

                <geocache@...> wrote:

                > My fellow Tush Brother has passed another milestone. This time the
                2000
                > cache mark... Woo Hoo!!!

              • Bob Chernow
                Message 7 of 28 , Jul 12, 2006
                  Paul,

                  You know that you have my congrats! I'd worship the ground you walk on except you would probably make me solve a puzzle just to find it.

                  bobchernow

                  @,.-:*'``'*: -.,@

                  Message 8 of 28 , Jul 12, 2006
                    LOL!
                    Just plant a cache and wait a couple hours, his ground will come to you!

                    @,.-:*'``'*: -.,@
                    The secret of life is not to do what you like, but like what you do.
                    --American Proverb
                    @,.-:*'``'*: -.,@
                    It is requisite for the relaxation of the mind that we make use, from
                    time to time, of playful deeds and jokes. --Thomas Aquinas

                    @,.-:*'``'*:-.,@
                    The secret of life is not to do what you like, but like what you do. --American Proverb
                    @,.-:*'``'*:-.,@
                    It is requisite for the relaxation of the mind that we make use, from time to time, of playful deeds and jokes. --Thomas Aquinas
                  • Nick Silkey
                    Message 9 of 28 , Jul 12, 2006
                      On 7/12/06, Renee <zenfire@...> wrote:
                      > OMG you're up early!! Or is that late?... LOL

                      Thats how TBI rolls. Cache as much as you can between work and
                      sun-up. Or before la esposa angrily telephones. ;)
                    • Wayne Lind
                      Message 10 of 28 , Jul 12, 2006
                        Go Dude Go!!! Congratulations!
                        My fellow Tush Brother has passed another milestone. This time the 2000
                        cache mark... Woo Hoo!!!

                      • Candy Lind
                        Message 11 of 28 , Jul 12, 2006

                          I doubt that there will EVER be a MORE APPROPRIATE note posted on this discussion group! ROFLMAO!!!

                          Candy

                        • palbers@austin.rr.com
                          Message 12 of 28 , Jul 13, 2006
                            Thank you everyone for the kind words! It has been awesome finding
                            that many caches, but truly the most rewarding part of this hobby/
                            sport has been meeting so many incredible people along the way! It
                            has been awesome meeting those of you at events and on the trails.
                            Getting together with many of you to power cache, FTF race, night
                            cache, etc... A year agao no one would have thought this computer
                            geek would out having so much fun with so many people.

                            WooHoo!

                            -paul
                            HiDude_98

                            > I doubt that there will EVER be a MORE APPROPRIATE note posted on
                            this
                            > discussion group! ROFLMAO!!!
                            >
                            > Candy
                            >
                            > --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Bob Chernow
                            > <bobchernow@...> wrote:
                            > >
                            > > Paul,
                            > >
                            > > You know that you have my congrats! I'd worship the ground you
                            > walk on
                            > > except you would probably make me solve a puzzle just to find it.
                            > >
                            > > bobchernow

                          • Richard Young
                            Message 13 of 28 , Jul 13, 2006
                              What a week! HiDude passes and snatches milestones;
                              GeoMire at 800; a new 1K couple and more. Congrats to
                              all!
                              Cache on,
                              Dick

                              --- palbers@... wrote:

                              > Thank you everyone for the kind words! It has been
                              > awesome finding
                              > that many caches, but truly the most rewarding part
                              > of this hobby/
                              > sport has been meeting so many incredible people
                              > along the way! It
                              > has been awesome meeting those of you at events and
                              > on the trails.
                              > Getting together with many of you to power cache,
                              > FTF race, night
                              > cache, etc... A year agao no one would have thought
                              > this computer
                              > geek would out having so much fun with so many
                              > people.
                              >
                              > WooHoo!
                              >
                              > -paul
                              > HiDude_98

                              http://mail.yahoo.com
                            • Peter M. Maurer
                              Message 14 of 28 , Jul 14, 2006
                                Congratulations!

                                --Pete (DrHogg)

                                --- palbers@... wrote:

                                > Thank you everyone for the kind words! It has been
                                > awesome finding
                                > that many caches, but truly the most rewarding part
                                > of this hobby/
                                > sport has been meeting so many incredible people
                                > along the way! It
                                > has been awesome meeting those of you at events and
                                > on the trails.
                                > Getting together with many of you to power cache,
                                > FTF race, night
                                > cache, etc... A year agao no one would have thought
                                > this computer
                                > geek would out having so much fun with so many
                                > people.
                                >
                                > WooHoo!
                                >
                                > -paul
                                > HiDude_98

                                http://mail.yahoo.com
                              • Bob Chernow
                                Message 15 of 28 , Jul 31, 2006
                                  Since I have never been to an event before I need some explanation. I
                                  just saw Semik drop some TB's into the 10K 10way. How is this done? What
                                  does this mean? Who gets the coins/TBs. How do you find them? Discover
                                  them? I am very confused but I have a few coins and TB's I might drop if
                                  I know what that meant.

                                  bobchernow
                                  Message 16 of 28 , Jul 31, 2006
                                    On Mon, 31 Jul 2006 22:19:14 -0500 Bob Chernow <bobchernow@...>
                                    writes:
                                    > Since I have never been to an event before I need some explanation. I
                                    >
                                    > just saw Semik drop some TB's into the 10K 10way. How is this done?
                                    > What
                                    > does this mean? Who gets the coins/TBs. How do you find them?
                                    > Discover
                                    > them? I am very confused but I have a few coins and TB's I might
                                    > drop if
                                    > I know what that meant.
                                    >
                                    > bobchernow

                                    Bob, what typically happens is we bring our stashes of TBs.
                                    People can Discover them (note the tag #s -- without the tag #, you're
                                    lost), and log them without actually taking posession.
                                    Other people swap out the actual TBs. e.g. You take Gnarly Grunge Dude,
                                    drop him into the event, but take home Really Cute Puppy Mutt (which you
                                    would then log as Retrieved, just as you would from a cache).

                                    Some of us bring our geocoin hoards to let people look at, but they never
                                    leave the owners' possession (though duplicates may be swapped between
                                    collections)

                                    Helpful?

                                    It's a good way for bugs with specific missions to get furthered along:
                                    "Anyone going to Hawaii?" cool!
                                    (Or for you to just get rid of that nagging baggage, being that TBs don't
                                    fit in most micro caches)

                                    [Oh, and to be "Discovered" a coin/travel bug doesn't necessarily need to
                                    be dropped -- though that helps link the association/mileage to the
                                    event. Believe me, unless I can figure out a subroutine, I don't think
                                    I'll be dropping our geocoin hoard into any events, though we'll bring
                                    them to be admired/discovered.... not to the 10Way, sadly... THREE other
                                    things going on.]

                                    It's really much simpler than it sounds.

                                    @,.-:*'``'*:-.,@
                                    The West was changing, and so was I. No, looking back, I have to thank
                                    old Roy for teaching me that when you fall from your horse, you climb
                                    back in the saddle and plow ahead. From Butch [Cassidy], I figured out
                                    that what I wanted to be was my own man -- just a good guy with a few bad
                                    habits. --Jimmy Buffett; "A Salty Piece of Land"
                                  • Wayne Lind
                                    Message 17 of 28 , Jul 31, 2006
                                      Great questions Bob. Coins and travel bugs work essentially the same way. The coins will be brought to the event and be on display. For those people interested in coins, you bring a sheet of paper to record the tracking numbers (sometimes the numbers are pre-printed for you, but you shouldn't count on it) and then log them like travel bugs. Depending on the coins, you could end up with new icons in your "Trackables" page on your profile.

                                      Hope this makes sense, if not we can explain better at the event.

                                      Wayne
                                      The Outlaw.

                                      Message 18 of 28 , Jul 31, 2006
                                        Bob, Bob, Bob,

                                        Sigh.

                                        Its obvious you need to show up at an event.

                                        In addition to meeting lots of INTERESTING and CONGENIAL people, eating YUMMY FOOD, and exchanging FASCINATING geo-stories, you can also trade travel bugs.

                                        People bring bugs they're holding on to and put them on the table for people to view, and if they are interested in helping the bug along, they they take it home with them.  You drop a bug into an event just like you drop it into a regular cache.  And when you take home a bug, you "take" it out of the event just like you'd "found it, logged it" from a regular cache.  It's a really efficient way to get your bugs moving.

                                        Some people drop their personal coins or whatever, so others can "discover" them.  But no exchange takes place.

                                        For anyone who's never been to an event, please COME!  You'll fit in faster than you ever imagined!  Don't be shy.  Bring dessert!

                                        The connections I've made through geocaching have led me to some incredible experiences.  The community is a huge part of this sport you're missing out on!

                                        See you at an event soon, ok?

                                        Message 19 of 28 , Jul 31, 2006
                                          For a coin to be discovered dies it have to first have been activated?

                                          Message 20 of 28 , Jul 31, 2006
                                            Yes. Actually, for the owner to even have it in their inventory it has to be activated.

                                            Barb Jernigan wrote:

                                            > On Mon, 31 Jul 2006 22:19:14 -0500 Bob Chernow
                                            > <bobchernow@earthlin k.net <mailto:bobchernow% 40earthlink. net>>
                                            > writes:
                                            > > Since I have never been to an event before I need some explanation. I
                                            > >
                                            > > just saw Semik drop some TB's into the 10K 10way. How is this done?
                                            > > What
                                            > > does this mean? Who gets the coins/TBs. How do you find them?
                                            > > Discover
                                            > > them? I am very confused but I have a few coins and TB's I might
                                            > > drop if
                                            > > I know what that meant.
                                            > >
                                            > > bobchernow
                                            > >

                                            > Bob, what typically happens is we bring our stashes of TBs.
                                            > People can Discover them (note the tag #s -- without the tag #, you're
                                            > lost), and log them without actually taking posession.
                                            > Other people swap out the actual TBs. e.g. You take Gnarly Grunge Dude,
                                            > drop him into the event, but take home Really Cute Puppy Mutt (which you
                                            > would then log as Retrieved, just as you would from a cache).
                                            >
                                            > Some of us bring our geocoin hoards to let people look at, but they never
                                            > leave the owners' possession (though duplicates may be swapped between
                                            > collections)
                                            >
                                            > Helpful?
                                            >
                                            > It's a good way for bugs with specific missions to get furthered along:
                                            > "Anyone going to Hawaii?" cool!
                                            > (Or for you to just get rid of that nagging baggage, being that TBs don't
                                            > fit in most micro caches)
                                            >
                                            > [Oh, and to be "Discovered" a coin/travel bug doesn't necessarily need to
                                            > be dropped -- though that helps link the association/ mileage to the
                                            > event. Believe me, unless I can figure out a subroutine, I don't think
                                            > I'll be dropping our geocoin hoard into any events, though we'll bring
                                            > them to be admired/discovered. ... not to the 10Way, sadly... THREE other
                                            > things going on.]
                                            >
                                            > It's really much simpler than it sounds.
                                            >
                                            > @,.-:*'``'*: -.,@
                                            > The West was changing, and so was I. No, looking back, I have to thank
                                            > old Roy for teaching me that when you fall from your horse, you climb
                                            > back in the saddle and plow ahead. From Butch [Cassidy], I figured out
                                            > that what I wanted to be was my own man -- just a good guy with a few bad
                                            > habits. --Jimmy Buffett; "A Salty Piece of Land"

                                          • Philip C. Mason
                                            Message 21 of 28 , Jul 31, 2006
                                              Here is my question....
                                              I have two coins on my watchlist that on their coin page say that their location
                                              is still in the event called Spring Fling Pavillion Potluck-Texas Cachers
                                              that took place back in 4/8/2006. Is it still supposed to say that now that
                                              the event has been over for some 3 months or so?
                                              And yes, I did need to make it to an event soon.
                                              It sounds like Bob and I need to carpool.

                                              Phil

                                              Message 22 of 28 , Aug 1, 2006
                                                yes

                                                @,.-:*'``'*:-.,@
                                                Message 23 of 28 , Aug 1, 2006
                                                  sounds like whoever picked them up hasn't logged them yet
                                                  (SOME people are less than quick that way =gentle smile=) Or they drop into the bottom of a cache bag.... many things happen to stall a TB/coin on its trek.
                                                  You might see who attended and query them.

                                                  Message 24 of 28 , Aug 1, 2006
                                                    Geocoins must be activated to be tracked and that does include "Discovering".  It also includes your personal inventory.
                                                    Russ the waterweasel

                                                    BTW, do you know about the event this coming Sunday at Duke's in Georgetown?  Barb (The Tygress) and I will be at that one. <G>

                                                    Message 25 of 28 , Aug 1, 2006
                                                      I'd drop an e-mail to the last person holding the coins and ask them to clarify their status.

                                                      Message 26 of 28 , Aug 1, 2006
                                                        If you are talking about the Badger event, yes, and I am planning on
                                                        making an appearance. See you there.

                                                        Message 27 of 28 , Aug 1, 2006
                                                          Yep, that's the one.  See you there!

                                                          The Waterweasel mka Russ

                                                          Russ Jernigan wrote:

                                                          > Geocoins must be activated to be tracked and that does include
                                                          > "Discovering" . It also includes your personal inventory.
                                                          > Russ the waterweasel
                                                          >
                                                          > BTW, do you know about the event this coming Sunday at Duke's in
                                                          > Georgetown? Barb (The Tygress) and I will be at that one. <G>

                                                        • fRoGsKiN
                                                          Message 28 of 28 , Aug 3, 2006
                                                            <geocache@...> wrote:

                                                            > My fellow Tush Brother has passed another milestone. This time the 2000
                                                            > cache mark... Woo Hoo!!!

                                                            Shiat, I am still lookin for 50 LOL.. My find to hide ratio is like
                                                            1/3. I'm on the trails the next few weeks! Congrats my technical brutha!