Re: Geocaching Route problem

  • Mike
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 7, 2006
      Barry,

      You don't need to subscribe, it's there in the free version.

      In version 4 (I don't know which version you are using and these
      things keep moving around!):

      First make sure the sidebar is in view (Tools/Sidebar should be checked).

      The sidebar should have three sections: 'Search', 'Places' and 'Layers'.

      Within 'Search' there are three sub-option tabs, 'Fly To', 'Find
      Businesses' and (the one you want)'Directions'

      Mike

      --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Barry" <bcwatson@...>
      wrote:

      > Never mind, I guess you have to subscribe to Google Earth Plus. The
      > free version doesn't let you do Directions... I got it now...
      >
      > Barry
      >
      > --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Alan <alan@> wrote:
      > >
      > > If you're running one of the 3.x versions then directions is
      > probably
      > > located where it's indicated in the first picture on this page:
      > >
      > > http://www.alancurry.com/gpsbabel/route4.php
      > >
      > > Alan
      > >
      > > Barry wrote:
      > > > I'm trying to use Groundspeak's directions to create a route using
      > > > Google Earth. But when they say to click on the Directions tab of
      > > > Google Earth, I don't have that tab... I have Places and Layers
      > > > tabs...
      > > >
      > > > Barry

    • Barry
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 7, 2006
        Must be because it's a newer version, but I already had paid for
        the Plus version anyway (just hadn't activated it on my work PC)
        anyway so no problem....